Anomad - Permanent Ban Appeal

What’s your BYOND key?

Anomad

Character Name?

John Doom (Formerly)

Type of Ban?

Permanent Ban

What is your Bancode?

19780 (NAME BAN, WAS TOLD TO APPEAL ON FORUMS)

Admin who banned you?

blackdragon813

Total Ban Duration

Permanent (Apparently)

Remaining Duration

What other servers do you play on?

Paradise Station, NSV SS13, TG

Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?

No.

Do you play using a Virtual Machine?

No

is your copy of Windows legitimate?

Yes

Reason for Ban:

Name ban “Player keeps playing with John Doom as the name, name randomly reassigned.”

Links to previous appeals:

N/A

Your appeal:

Hello. I acknowledge I breached rule 2 of the server by using an LRP name, as pointed out to me by the relevant admin. That being the case I would like to request my name ban be lifted so I can use other, more reasonable names of my choice.

To start at the beginning, I did receive a note from another admin some time ago regarding my character’s name (John Doom) and was instructed to change it. However, after a relatively long hiatus from CM I returned and, that name being the one I used on most servers and having forgotten about the note, set it back to John Doom after previously changing it.

As a result, seeing I was using the same name after a note was applied, blackdragon813 proportionately reset my name and applied the name ban, explaining that such a name was considered LRP.

This course of action was entirely reasonable given the previously applied note and I acknowledge that the name is not considered to meet CM’s RP standards by the administration team. As such, if the name ban is removed, I will play with names that meet these standards.

Thank you for your consideration.
Screenshot 2023-12-05 170637

1 Like

Hello Anomad,

Given your appeal as well as the fact that the staff members who noted you previously did so confidentially, I am going to go ahead and lift this name ban. You can’t see your confidential notes so it’s understandable that you forgot your interactions, which happened half a year ago. This appeal is approved.

Added appeal:approved and removed appeal:waiting