Round ID:

Your character name:

Larva

Their BYOND key:

Firecharge123

What are you reporting?:

Enforcement Action Taken

Description of the incident:

I was punished for leaving the Hive as a larva, but I believe a permanent note is overzealous moderation.
It was Sorokyne, and the entire Alien force including the Queen was sieging LZ1. The Hive was in Deep Security Outpost. I waited until I was only 20 ticks from evolution, and I started making my way forward. I knew the whole map was pacified because I looked through the eyes of different Aliens in the Hive status, and I even stopped in Aerodome just to be safe. This was when Firecharge contacted me (I believe on his own volition).

The rule is “larva should typically remain within the Hive.” The LZ was on the cusp of falling, so I decided to make a harmless decision to venture out when I only had 20 ticks left until evolution. I even made sure to wait the last few ticks far away from the frontline. Firecharge had the notion I was rushing to the frontline, but that was not the case. “Typically” implies there circumstance to the contrary. Is it really so unfathomable to allow a larva so close to evolution to start its journey across an entire map where the Hive has nearly taken the LZ?

“Preserve the enjoyment of the server.”
• If no one admin helps (ahelp) a complaint, or seems to be complaining or taking issue with it, it may be best to let it go.

My action was absolutely harmless, affected no one, and had zero change on anything, but I recieved permanent punishment that will compound future punishments into more severe outcomes if I mess up again. I think this was a case of staff being needlessly punitive on an action entirely benign.

Evidence:

Visual webmap with locations noted:

7 Likes

Sorry for the delay on logs, been rather busy recently. Won’t be able to post it how I usually do as I am bad at editing on this forum, so here’s hoping!

[2023-05-03 18:47:10.707] ADMIN: PM: Firecharge123/(Locke ‘CAS’ Briggs)->CCRWasHere/(Sentinel (JJ-570-P)): Why are you not in hive?
[2023-05-03 18:47:35.684] ADMIN: PM: CCRWasHere/(Sentinel (JJ-570-P))->Firecharge123/(Locke ‘CAS’ Briggs): The front line is all the way in at the LZ, thought to get a headstart once I was only 20 ticks away
[2023-05-03 18:47:59.919] ADMIN: PM: Firecharge123/(Locke ‘CAS’ Briggs)->CCRWasHere/(Sentinel (JJ-570-P)): Larvas are not allowed to leave the hive unless it is actively being destroyed.
[2023-05-03 18:48:19.029] ADMIN: PM: CCRWasHere/(Sentinel (JJ-570-P))->Firecharge123/(Locke ‘CAS’ Briggs): I was not aware of this. I have seen larva running around before
[2023-05-03 18:49:05.724] ADMIN: PM: Firecharge123/(Locke ‘CAS’ Briggs)->CCRWasHere/(Sentinel (JJ-570-P)): Yea they shouldnt do that unless they are a burst larva nowhere near a safe location or hive is beind destroyed. This is for hijack as well.
[2023-05-03 18:50:01.679] ADMIN: PM: CCRWasHere/(Sentinel (JJ-570-P))->Firecharge123/(Locke ‘CAS’ Briggs): Very well. It was a case of me being only 20 ticks away, so I made my way through empty land I knew was empty.
[2023-05-03 18:50:21.533] ADMIN: PM: Firecharge123/(Locke ‘CAS’ Briggs)->CCRWasHere/(Sentinel (JJ-570-P)): Please dont do this again the the future
[2023-05-03 18:50:30.677] ADMIN: PM: CCRWasHere/(Sentinel (JJ-570-P))->Firecharge123/(Locke ‘CAS’ Briggs): Very well.

[2023-05-03 18:51:59.161] ADMIN: Firecharge123/(Locke ‘CAS’ Briggs) has edited ccrwashere’s Admin notes: Warned for running out of hive as a larva to the front, Player was understanding

1 Like

I’m going to reply to this report quickly.

I was resolving a report involving a marine that was near the front line. My ghost was near where the queen was fighting the marines that were actively retreating. I saw a larva (CCRWasHere) run by while I was ghosted so I PMed them informing them that leaving the hive is not okay. I will ALWAYS do this, even if nobody ahelps it, I will actively PM any larva near the front line or leaving the hive without a particular reason. Even if there are no hostiles, there is always a significantly higher chance of death and 0 reason for you to run as a vulnerable larva towards the front line instead of waiting a literally 60 seconds to evolve in hive. If the hive is being actively destroyed or you just burst out of a marine that was like, in the fob or in the ship somewhere, there’s 0 reason to leave the safety of the hive, even if the front line is being pushed back to FOB… especially if they are being pushed back to FOB- you probably wont catch up to the push in the exact same amount of time it would take for a burrower to make a tunnel and you to evolve in hive and crawl over. I have been told multiple times by upper management and management advisory that this is note worthy pre and post hijack.

I saw a larva run by while I was ghosted.
I will actively PM any larva near the front line.
You ran as a vulnerable larva towards the front line.

So, it was on your own volition. Something so inconsequential it was only noticed by a staff member ghosting and catching a very quick glimpse of it. Your conclusion here is also askew, for you have it in your head my intention was to charge into dangerous Marines as a larva. This was not the case—otherwise, why would I have waited in Aerodome?

Literally 60 seconds to evolve in hive.

You admit the time window for something so heinous as to punish with a permanent record was in truth so short and unnoticable that even you agree. This coupled with the fact only you took offense to this transgression I think falls squarely under:
• If no one admin helps (ahelp) a complaint, or seems to be complaining or taking issue with it, it may be best to let it go.

If not, just what does? My action was over in less than a minute, only spotted by you as a ghost, and resulted in no harm whatsoever.

You probably wont catch up to the push in the exact same amount of time it would take for a burrower to make a tunnel.

This works off the assumption a burrower would have done so. It was my preference to simply not leave it to chance. Is that such an unfair assumption? I wanted to have fun taking the LZ with my faction, and I decided to take a small, harmless step to get there in time. That was worth permanent punishment?

2 Likes

I’m going to give you a courtesy of a note removal but firecharge did nothing wrong and staff may take proactive measures if they see things. The purpose of this is to stop others from going “well I saw this guy do this as a larva so I can do it as well.”

The only reason for this removal is the rule clarification we have only makes references to “recon larva.” And as of 4:34 PM EST a new clarification was made that basically says Larva need to stay in the hive unless it’s being overrun. If you burst somewhere else outside of the hive you should seek safety until you can evolve into your selected caste.

I’ll do the note removal in the next two weeks but for now this can serve on the record of it being voided.

1 Like

Note removal processed

1 Like