What is your Bancode?

Admin who banned you?

backsea

Total Ban Duration

permanent

Remaining Duration

What other servers do you play on?

Occasionally CEV Eris

Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?

Goonstation, /tg/station, Fulpstation, shiptest, Yogstation(?)

Do you play using a Virtual Machine?

No

is your copy of Windows legitimate?

Yes

Reason for Ban:

Banned from Corporate Liaison - player was running around with a flamethrower, challenging marines to a fight, despite the warning i applied earlier

Links to previous appeals:

none

Your appeal:

I do not think this job ban was right. I am not a LRP nonsense dude. Whenever I play Liaison I try to make interesting RP scenarios for everyone, and entertain dchat via acting.
I have participated in a major and several minor events as a Liaison and have done a great job too. I was invited to a invite-only corporate liaison discord group (NOT A METACORD) for being good at the job. Some of the people who que for liaison essentially just do nothing all round, and I don’t like that so that’s why I play liaison, but now I can’t do that. Now, I’ll go through every “reason” for the ban and why I think it’s wrong
“player was running around with a flamethrower”
this sounds like I was running around with it in the open, which I wasn’t. I had it in the hollow cane (I don’t know how that fits in there but you know ask the coders) because earlier I was gunned down and did not feel like being shot to death again.
“challenging marines to a fight”
I was not challenging marines to fights. I was challenged to a fight by a marine but I didn’t offer him a fight.
“player attempted to kidnap a marine”
I do this all the time and now it’s an issue. In fact I do this so often people ask me if I do it. The marine later shot me to death and this is why I had that flamethrower.
“claymored a monkey in briefing”
This one is a doozy. I didn’t put the claymore down or the monkey (the person who did that was never found (I think)) but i’ll explain why I shoved it in front.
My character is a un-empathetic P.O.S. hence why he is hired at Weyland-Yutani. He takes enjoyment in ruining people’s day such as snitching on cargo for smuggling after giving them the money, making people sign contracts to do things such as spit on a MP’s shoes, or let themselves get hit in the head with a chair. He even tricks people into giving permission to be held in the containment cell in his office. He walks into the briefing room and sees… a monkey and a claymore right next to each other. He shoves it in front of it impulsively, and smiles. Does he have any mixed feelings about it? No. He doesn’t even treat people right, why animals?
please unban me thank you : )

1 Like

Heya! I will be handling your appeal within 48 hours.

This is a difficult one. While roleplaying an psycho/sociopathic liaison character is okay, kidnapping marines as a CL is a big no-no. You are not an antagonist.
Looking at the flamethrower situation, you justified it RP-wise, so I’ll let that pass.
Regarding the monkey you claymored, it’s a bit on the excessive side of things here, so I believe it’s worth a warning.

Now looking at if your jobban was warranted:
You were jbanned for running around with a flamethrower, which was RP-justified.
You were also banned for challenging marines to a fight, which I couldn’t find any evidence of.

With the above in mind, I will be lifting your jobban. This will be your final chance at setting your RP standards a bit higher as a CL.
Appeal accepted.

Added appeal:approved and removed appeal:waiting