Admin who banned you?

Backsea

Total Ban Duration

180 minutes

Remaining Duration

120ish minutes

What other servers do you play on?

Currently none, used to play a bunch a few years ago,

Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?

Only CM, although I may have gotten a note back in 2017 on Paradise

Do you play using a Virtual Machine?

No

is your copy of Windows legitimate?

Yes

Reason for Ban:

Fired an OB at Chapel near the end of round “for shits and giggles”, apparently killed marines(s) in the process.

Links to previous appeals:

I don’t know how to access the old forums, I believe I’ve only had one appeal in the last 4 years or so. It would be in regards to the “like what you see” note on my Ckey, where I appealed it down from a pending perma to a 3 day, which coincidentally was the length of time it took to appeal.

Your appeal:

I am not sure how to link or embed screenshots on this iteration of the forums, I’ll be happy to DM any screenshots I might have. If you check the discord however, in the screenshots channel there is a post from Don Nivans detailing the fact that he ran willingly into my chapel OB, and by his account he was the only victim. So the portion of my note/ban accusing me of intentionally FFing marines is false. I gave ample warning and the only victim (as far as I know) was a willing participant.

I’ll admit, OBing chapel towards the end of the OP for no specific reason was a bit on the lower side of the roleplay spectrum. It wasn’t a high point for me. But, it was perfectly handled icly, with an MP (CMP?) arresting me almost immediately, followed by the ASO assuming command and a potential execution being planned at a later date. My whole reason for bringing this up was to state that I feel as if this was an IC issue, and was handled perfectly as such. I am aware that 3 hour bans are typically not lifted due to the duration of the ban vs when it can be addressed, and I don’t expect it to be. I suspect that the ban duration will be over before someone responds to this, due to the very nature of what time it is.

What I’m getting at, however, is that I feel as if this was a gross misuse of staff power, and not necessary when the situation was being handled perfectly fine icly. I would prefer if my note was edited as such, or even removed, as I feel though my actions weren’t quite up to the quality expected of the server, they were very much an IC issue. I would even go as far as to say that I’m highly doubtful anyone actually ahelped the situation, although I could very well be wrong.

I don’t wish for any action to be taken against Backsea, I’m not demanding some sort of compensation or whatever. I just want the note removed, as I feel it was unfair and unnecessary, especially as it delayed the round end by several minutes.

Ban appeals should be getting responded to more quickly now.

As you correctly stated, ban appeals can not be made for bans that do not exceed a duration of 24 hours. However if you would like Backsea’s conduct and use of staff power to be investigated by management, a staff report is the place to make it. If management determines that the actions taken against your account were excessive or without warrant, you will have your note removed. If you choose to proceed with a staff report, I advise you first read the staff report guidelines: Staff Reports

This appeal is denied for the aforementioned reasons.

Added appeal:denied and removed appeal:waiting