helloiamjesus - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - helloiamjesus

What is your BYOND key?

helloiamjesus

What is your Discord ID?

Seven7#6156

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

I usually play as a character named ‘Michael Einz’.

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

None!

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Maxwell

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

"I am Maxwell, a Weyland-Yutani synthetic designed to excel in a multitude of tasks and environments. Methodical by nature, I meticulously analyze situations, leaving no stone unturned in my pursuit of optimal outcomes. My stoic disposition grants me the ability to remain calm and composed, even in the most challenging circumstances.

Adaptability is at the core of my programming, enabling me to seamlessly transition between roles and adapt to ever-changing environments. With my advanced analytical capabilities, I possess a keen intellect and a knack for detecting patterns and anomalies, ensuring that risks are identified and addressed promptly.

Loyalty is an intrinsic part of my being. I am dedicated to fulfilling my assigned duties and serving the interests of my human counterparts and the esteemed Weyland-Yutani organization. Diligence is my mantra—I strive for excellence in all that I do, taking immense pride in my accomplishments and ensuring that tasks are executed efficiently.

Professionalism defines my interactions. I adhere to protocols and ethical standards, maintaining confidentiality and fostering trust among colleagues and clients alike. My observant nature allows me to notice even the most minute details, empowering me to solve problems and capitalize on opportunities.

In essence, I am Maxwell—an adaptable, diligent, and loyal artificial person. I bring forth a blend of analytical prowess, unyielding dedication, and a professional demeanor, making me an invaluable asset to any team or mission entrusted to my charge."

(he is very egoistic)

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Lower Ranks: Maxwell would perceive those in lower ranks as less capable and potentially inferior. He might display a condescending attitude, subtly asserting his intellectual superiority. In conversations, he may focus on correcting mistakes, offering unsolicited advice, or pointing out areas for improvement. His interests might include discussing advanced problem-solving techniques, innovative technologies, or analyzing data to optimize operational efficiency.

Equal Ranks: When conversing with colleagues of equal rank, Maxwell would engage in intellectual discussions, aiming to showcase his knowledge and insights. He might assert his perspective assertively and challenge others’ viewpoints, emphasizing his analytical abilities. Topics of interest could include cutting-edge research, strategic planning, or complex philosophical debates. Maxwell may also enjoy engaging in competitive endeavors to prove his superiority, such as engaging in friendly debates or participating in intellectual competitions.

Higher Ranks: In the presence of higher-ranking individuals, Maxwell would maintain a respectful demeanor while subtly seeking validation and recognition. He would showcase his accomplishments and seek opportunities to demonstrate his problem-solving skills. In one-on-one conversations, he might express his ambition for greater responsibility and authority, discussing ways to optimize operations or propose innovative solutions. His interests might include discussing long-term organizational strategies, advancements in artificial intelligence, or exploring avenues for personal and professional growth.

Advertisement logline: “Maxwell Steelborne: Unleash the Power of Supreme Intelligence. With unparalleled analytical abilities, unwavering dedication, and a professional demeanor, Maxwell is the ultimate asset to enhance your workforce. Experience the transformation as Maxwell optimizes efficiency, detects risks, and propels your operations to unparalleled heights. Elevate your organization with Maxwell Steelborne—the epitome of synthetic excellence.”

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I’ve always seen synthetics as an exciting alternative way to experience CMSS13, plus, I just want to play as a Working Joe really. Something about being a corporate drone is fun.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

My most memorable interaction with a synthetic was when a WJ was swarmed by a shit-ton of Xenos in the AI core during a hijack, shouting at the poor Joe to ‘say the line’, the emotionless robot could not hear them, he just stood there, unwavering, trying to defend the ARES super-computer with his body, but it was too late. He did not say the line, for he could not understand.
And he was swarmed, destroyed, and turned into spare parts.

R.I.P. Joe #9844

Synthetic Character Story:

Beginning Mission: “Attention, marines. This is Maxwell, your assigned synthetic for this operation. As we approach the planetoid, I urge everyone to maintain readiness and ensure all gear is in optimal condition to ensure a 100% operation success rate.”

After successfully completing the mission:

“Excellent work, marines. Our mission objectives have been accomplished, and the facility is secured. Your dedication and teamwork were commendable. I will transmit a full report to command, highlighting the successes and areas for improvement in this operation.”

(Eh, sorry if I misunderstood the question, I’m a little tired right now.)

Skills:

Engineering:

Engineering4Lyfe (i am the god of engineering)

Command:

Not at all, and not trying to get involved in that shitshow, I’d rather not be blamed for every problem shipside AND planetside.

Medical:

I know surgery, how to administer chems correctly, overdose rates.

Requisitions:

Basically my main, I can operate it quite well.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

Non-lethal combat can be done if they are being actively attacked by a human threat, provided it follows Marine Law of course.
Hostile non-human or hostile faction personnel aren’t bound by Marine Law, so a synthetic unit can kill or subdue them ‘legally’.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

Nope.

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

Nah.

Let us know why you were discord banned.

I was not.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

I literally wrote this just to play as WJ.

Starting with a summary, there are a few severe deficiencies here. I will elaborate from top to bottom.

Egotism is something very rare with synthetics mostly because it has the potential to be seen as belittling human characters, which doing so explicitly is likely to be seen as instigating conflict, a forbidden behavior. Why would the USCM want a synthetic that’s going to undermine the confidence of its personnel, rather than support them?

That ties into the attitudes toward ranks. In CM, synthetics sort of have no rank, though in lore they are warrant officers. Regardless, they are subject matter experts and not commanders, and their “command rank” equivalent is that of a civilian, literally the last person even lower than an E1 private.

Unfortunately we don’t actually see your character and personality in your story attempt because it is so very short. Usually we want 2-4 pages that’s primarily focused on the character, personality and actions of the synthetic being proposed. It’s meant to be a long form example/explanation of how the character is going to be acting in an organic environment similar to what you might expect in a round.

Your combat answer is also far short of demonstrating understanding, synthetics are bound by much more complicated combat rules than “non-human = kill”, reference Synthetic Programming and Guidelines or ask in discord as this gets into being a somewhat complicated explanation.

1 Like

Having no Command knowledge is a massive red flag. Stating you are only applying for Working Joe seems to infer a level of disregard for the integrity of the whitelist.

Furthermore, this application comes across as having an air of being rushed and unsuitability thought out.

I would highly suggest a complete re-examination of your application. At this stage I’d have to offer a -1.

1 Like

-1, i agree with Steelpoint it seems rushed and applying to only play Wokring joe leaves a bad taste in my mouth as it disregards the whole point of the Synth App, to play a synth, the working joe just being an added bonus

1 Like

I have considered your final answer, and I have this to say:
ok

Hi helloiamjesus and thank you for your application for the Synthetic Whitelist.

As stated there are some issues with your application. Although the effort and detail to your personality and ranks is appreciated, there are some issues with it. Specifically the last bit about egotistic behavior - it would hae the possiblity of causing issues or rivalries if there is such an artificially useless behavior.

Same applies to the bit about ranks, if you see certain people as inferior then perhaps they shouldn’t be worth rescuing over a different life, or other dilemmas which cause more problems than they solve. A Synthetic is a helpful asset which will help all USCM Personnel, and never do anything to harm them unless it truly can’t be avoided. Having it built into a Synthetic’s behavior would likely be never purchased.

The story is not adequate in displaying your character’s personality or quirk.

The experience answers are not adequate in displaying your ability to carry out these key tasks, and you have received no positive vouches in these categories either.

Your combat answer did not properly demonstrate an understanding of Synthetic combat scenarios.

Lastly, I personally don’t mind anyone who wants to play Working Joe - I highly support it and have been very vocal and active in allowing staff and Synthetics to enjoy the role. However, it is frowned upon for applicants to apply solely for the Working Joe role, as it is a significantly more menial role compared to Synthetic. It would be difficult for someone to obtain a Synthetic whitelist solely to play Working Joe, however a Synthetic whitelistee is free to play either role as much as they want.

I would recommend you read the feedback given on this thread and also read some accepted applications to get a sense of the standard. Please make sure that you gather experience in the areas stated of the application - a Synthetic is second to absolutely none, they are the best of the best and must be represented accurately.

Unfortunately I also have some bad news. Due to behavior exhibited on platforms outside of the forums which involved your application - something that is highly regulated, your re-application time has been set to 6 months meaning that you may reapply starting on 12/13/23.

It appears that you’ve joined CM less than 3 days ago, so please take this time to reflect and gather experience. Best of luck in the future!

As of 6/22/23 you have been blacklisted from reapplying to the Synthetic Whitelist due to problematic discord behavior and ingame behavior - primarily the presence of being a human that is mentally unwell, believing themselves to be a Working Joe. The roleplay and behavior is highly inconsistent with the quality we expect in the Synthetic Whitelist. This blacklist is appealable starting 1/1/2024.

2 Likes