If an MP arrests a CLF survivor should the CLF be charged with Sedition or POW?

Sedition is for people who commit terrorist acts and rebel against the us government. naturally given the fact that CLF are Guerrillas on UA colonies they should be arrested for sedition right? but POWs are any currently hostile faction against the UA which would naturally include the CLF but i doubt the UA government would recognize the CLF as an actual separate hostile faction and more as a terrorist group as recognizing the CLF as a hostile group would give them credence. the reason i believe it should be sedition is mainly because i think the CLF would be classified more as terrorists then political prisoners which would come with them being POWs.

Isn’t sedition limited to actions aboard the ship such as sabotage and mutinies, rather than it being the charge for being a “terrorist” around the colony?

If it’s a CLF survivor. They should be charged with POW by default. That’s why we brought that into marine law.

If I caught them wandering around, I’d charge them with being a PoW. However, if I caught them after they sabotaged a part of the ship and killed a few people, then I’d tack on the sedition charge to the PoW charge.

Note to self - only ever deliver PARTS of a CLF survivor to MP hands since they are restricted by Shipside ML. Quite frankly, sedition should be applicable to any persons groundside acting against UA interests - survivor or otherwise. THE ONLY SAFE GALAXY IZ AN AMERICAN ONE! COLONIST/COMMUNIST SOUNS THE SAME TE ME!

Forgive me if this is necroposting, but they should be charged with sedition. Whilst they are technically a hostile faction, giving them POW status implies that the UA thinks that the colonies are independent. So, since the CLF are considered by the UA to be part of their population, CLF are to be treated more like seditionists (which, by definition, they are) than as a hostile foreign entity.

What Oh_God_Help_Me wrote above. POWs are captured enemy combatants from the militaries of other nations recognised by the UA. The CLF is not that but a bunch of freedom fighters and terrorists. You can’t declare war on terrorists and hold prisoners like POWs, where do you even send them back to once the conflict is over? It’s also all clarified on the wiki.

EDIT: The whole point of POWs is that nations at war will not execute or mistreat soldiers solely for having fought on the opposite side, it’s a mutual understanding. Why would the UA give that immunity to terrorists.

This was Before the update to ML that made it clearer

1 Like

necroposter-necroposter-everywhere

Ah, that makes more sense.

Or they should just all be beheaded like 99% of marines do to them upon sight even if non hostile.