2023-03-13T08:30:00-04:00

Your character name:
Harry Howard

Their BYOND key:
Segrain

What are you reporting?:
Enforcement Action Taken

Description of the incident:
The round was LV, and I was anticipating a pred round. Sadly, today hasn’t sprung many pred rounds, 1 to be exact and it was on shiva’s snowball (Overall pretty terrible.) I log onto the game and I ahelp to ask for a pred round to be forced. I waited a few minutes before making another ahelp just to make sure they didn’t forget about my previous request.
I wrote, and I quote,

“May I please get a predator round I am a new predator this is my first day Please? :)”
Now, you may be wondering, am I serious? hell no, I was being sarcastic in this message, but it still involved asking for a forced pred round.

It was blatant sarcasm at it’s finest, but in the span of about 30 seconds I get a bwoink from Segrain stating that “Lying to staff isn’t a good idea.” I get that, it isn’t okay to ever lie to staff, but it was clearly sarcastic, and it was pretty clear I was asking for a predator round anyway.

The note itself is “Heavy warning for lying to staff.” I read through the rules and found that lying to staff isn’t actually a rulebreak, but that doesn’t matter to me, I would just like the note removed and a apology.

Evidence:
The ahelp itself

The note

A log pull probably won’t be needed because it’s literally right here in the evidence tab

Confirmation:
true

4 Likes

As an internal staff rule, we are strongly encouraged to force predator rounds for the sake of players new to the whitelist. When somebody ahelps and asks for it, it is - in my experience - almost always granted, except, perhaps, if there already has been an abundance of forced predator rounds in nearest past or if there is an event/test that would go better without interference from predators. Such a request is always taken very seriously. It is not a place for attempts at sarcasm.
Experienced predator players requesting a forced round have no such guarantee. It is always at discretion of the staff answering the ahelp. And when you are asking for something to be given to you, being polite helps - and being honest helps even more. Pretending to be something that you are not does not reflect well on you, no matter how much sarcasm you try to convey with an emoticon.
Lying to staff, somehow, is not explicitly listed in the rules, that much is true. We do, however, make notes indicating somebody’s behaviour in conversation with staff, such as somebody being rude when confronted, or being understanding of the rule being invoked, or, indeed, outright lying. I am honestly baffled by the idea that you see anything wrong with a note being made of an incident that has happened. Should I have phrased it as “heavy warning”? I do not know what other phrasing could I have given it, unless ban on the spot is a preferable option. You lied, you have been caught in the act, and if you will ever lie again, the history of having done so before should be taken into consideration.

2 Likes

Please keep reports on topic. Do not post memes or insults in reports they will be deleted.

2 Likes

Sorry @segrain for not responding in a few days, been swamped with school, work, and other outside shit. Anyways, I’ve read your message, here is my thought out response…

"Lying to staff, somehow, is not explicitly listed in the rules, that much is true. We do, however, make notes indicating somebody’s behaviour in conversation with staff, such as somebody being rude when confronted, or being understanding of the rule being invoked, or, indeed, outright lying. "
I wasn’t rude and I said please… lying isn’t a rulebreak and I was polite, so I do not think it’s fair. a note like that makes other potential administrators weigh on whether to ban in the future and possibly stop me from playing cm over something silly, so in my opinion it’s warranted to make a report defending myself - not to mention most cm players would be hard pressed to call the screenshot of the ahelp alone an “incident”

4 Likes

Hello, im just checking in to make sure this is still up, and not auto-locked after two weeks.

Is this still being looked at?

2 Likes

Look if @johnravioli is willing to stand by his word and say this was just a lighthearted joke, I’m fine with taking that at face value.

That being said, I don’t think the way you ahelped by asking for a pred round the way you did is the best way to go about it. You did lie and it’s a bit dishonest :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll amend the note to more accurately reflect reality, but I’ll leave it as a reminder not to do this in the future. Just in case you start trying to get into a habit of hoodwinking staff to play pred.