M2C slight buff

The M2C is a powerful machinegun packing a lot of damage and is good for area denial however as it is it’s problematic. Specifically while it is useful when your attack stalls to keep the xenos from pushing you back, it pretty much has no other use, at least none without exposing the gunner to immediate danger such as direct attacks from melee, warrior grabs etc.

The M2C is a stationary machinegun and it requires a 3x3 space to deploy. That 3x3 must also be clear of cades. I disagree. I believe it should at least be able to deploy behind cades like M56D so that it allows for more flexible defense since it can be easily moved unlike the M56 while not having IFF. making it suitable for the front cades.

Since using an M2C right now is practically a death sentence for the gunner, I believe we should give him a chance.

m2c is gonna get removed hoss

type ares m2c in the discord to find the reasoning

3 Likes

He didn’t know did he

3 Likes

whos gonna tell him

d

3 Likes

M2C is literally not meant to be deployed defensively behind cades, and if you have to cry about getting slashed in the middle of multiple other marines while spitting more than 400 damage points with insane AP per second at the enemy, skill issue.

2 Likes

how many times per round do you get to do that though. most of the time you are either pushed hard, bathed in acid to death or have marines in the line of fire risking FF

Yeah but then again, it fucking shreds.

When queen screeches you deploy and mow her down.

1 Like

assuming that you are still up after the screech and no marines block the way

Just stay behind the lines and wait for the chance.

2 Likes

Bro what stops you from placing M2C two tiles behind the cades? You can upgrade the cades to take less damage from projectiles and you’re good.

1 Like

likely the fact that you shoot the cades? And there is no way someone would waste metal just to be able to waste ammo on cades

It’s only 2 metal per cade. If you are not willing to sacrifice it in order to shoot from behind the cades, you don’t deserve to shoot from behind the cades.

1 Like

what about the marines behind them? If you are defending there will be marines at cades. Last I checked M2c has no IFF

Morrow gave the M2C IFF in the latest test merge but lowered the AP and increased the damage drop off

You can go south of the req line and shoot up, all the bullets will hit the wall north of the line this is a funny prank too lol

1 Like

Imagine adding M2C IFF to fill the niche of the M56D and then quoting “we already have the M56D for that niche” as reason to remove the M2C. Also, @the_swatter, the M2C is simply not meant to be used defensively.

M2C unironically the biggest killer for me as Queen, even more than SADAR.

1 Like

m2s is more than a balanced weapon for an attacking heavy machine gun. Play with him more often, learn tactics, etc.
In some situations, you can even neglect the marines for the sake of killing 2-3 xenos, unless, of course, the downed marines are then revived. Small sacrifices for big victories.

1 Like