Marines directly referencing the ally system beans have should be a metagaming violation.

Refer to the title.

Edit: Moved to acid goop because this is just me salt-posting so it should stay in shitposting.

The number of times I’ve watched marines haggle to get xenos to ally with them IN CHARACTER, REFERENCING THE ALLIANCE MECHANIC, is stupid. Or withholding monkeys unless they allied them, and say this in character AND in LOOC (A language barrier was implemented for a reason, and means of bypassing it like pAIs taken out for a reason, LOOC is not there for you to sidestep it), not including all the other ways I see them talk about it.

The alliance system exists solely on the gamified side of mechanics to make it easier to bring disparate factions together and there’s absolutely no basis in character for them to acknowledge it, especially not from the giant green aliens as opposed to say, allying with UPP who can at least speak english in addition to their native language.

Disclaimer: This post was brought by a mild amount of salt about getting in trouble for metagaming with the statement I ‘walled off the survivor hideout, preventing their timely recovery’ (Terrible way to phrase that by the way, just admit it’s not about metagaming, because why would aliens who can watch the marines raise their own dead and are smart enough to understand how an electrical grid works start fighting to control deceased bodies, and admit its just more coddling of marines when they already have incredibly generous revival mechanics.)

I mean I would note for it if I saw it ahelped. You shouldn’t be using LOOC for pretty much anything but teaching or something OOC you need to express.

Ahelp things.

Are you ok and have you been morning drinking?

1 Like

We don’t know how much marines know about xeno’s. Its not specified how much we researched about them. So its not quite metagaming

I mean I would note for it if I saw it ahelped. You shouldn’t be using LOOC for pretty much anything but teaching or something OOC you need to express.
Ahelp things.

I realize most people would probably swat them for this, but the fact of the matter is I see it happening enough that if they are, they’re not doing it often.

Are you ok and have you been morning drinking?

We got to NTC next week and the last few weeks have been stressful as hell wrangling my joes and doing packout. I fucking wish I could start the day off with a drink.

We don’t know how much marines know about xeno’s. Its not specified how much we researched about them. So its not quite metagaming

Unless we’re suddenly in a Korean action web comic/novel where status windows in real life are a thing, no amount of research can bring us to the conclusion that the colossal alien bugs have a menu they can use to ally themselves with individuals of their choice, making it where huggers don’t target them, they can’t slash them, and weeds are no longer quite as sticky (But only for those individuals)

This is a weak justification, and using the exact definition of metagaming, this is 100% metagaming.

It is a violation.

Ahelp it.

The aliens wouldn’t have a “menu” to begin with, it is just a visual representation of the alliances to assist players. In reality, the hive mind would know from the Queen not to attack this group and WOULDN’T because they obey all the Queen’s orders.

A good and simple way is to overwork the admins and do the same thing with CLF survivor. If the queen says she will assist them she has to stick to her word else a Note would follow. This would continue until marines pose a threat to the hive. A breach in trust (Agreement). Or the queen dies.

What do you mean ““Ally”” system?

There is no alliance of equals here. It is Marines > Green Xenos.

#MarineMajor.

2 Likes

What about new greenos who are unaware? What about those who didn’t pay attention? They will have no idea.

That’s the queens job to ensure the alliance is set. I do believe that setting an alliance should be texted in the chat as steps to open the menu when they first evolve to queen.

more marine policing - shitmins should just make… oh MP’s are memes… they should… oh, provosts are memes… they should… oh, what do you know? enforcement on a TDM server is memes

1 Like

Don’t listen to this guy, and don’t be a snitch or else I will order a pineapple pizza to your area and ruin your honor

3 Likes
  1. I command this thread to RISE FROM THE DEAD!

2. Someone not knowing something is not always justification to coddle them. We let plenty of players get straight up ganked because ‘damn bro, now you know for next time’ is an acceptable path to learning on this server. New Queen doesn’t know how alliance system works? Well there goes your pet greenos, better take them out behind the shed with a shotgun.