Round ID:

Your character name:

Landon Dupont

Their BYOND key:

LynxSolstice

What are you reporting?:

Enforcement Action Taken

Description of the incident:

After heading groundside during the ongoing round to attempt to recover important things for WY (For context I was the CL that round, and had gotten authorization from the CO in written form for all the equipment I had and I will attach screenshots of this stuff) Once I was groundside I went to the corporate dome which was right outside of FOB, and far from the frontlines which is what I was noted for in the first place (I explained to them that I was nowhere near the frontline and even offered to ask command where the frontline was to confirm I was not frontlining) however after explaining to them I was not frontlining they still noted me for “Frontlining” despite being nowhere near the frontline. The second detail I was noted for was being in “Combat as a CL” however in my defense I saw someone getting pounced by a lurker, and I was not about to just leave a dude to die so I shot a bit at the lurker and it ran off, then I was noted for “Fighting” when I was just trying to save some dudes life.

Evidence:

(Edited to post again because something glitched and caused it to be deleted)

3 Likes

Making a reply because only two links can be put in a post so here are the other pieces of evidence:

1 Like

I’ll be reviewing this in the next 72 hours!

Logs pulled

People involved:

• Landon Dupont / OtherHuman
  • LynxSolstice
Landon Dupont files a request for the equipment to drop

ADMIN: PAPER: OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont) tried to write something. First 100 characters: [center] Command Requisition Request Form [/center] [center] [small] [i] To be fi
ADMIN: PAPER: OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont) tried to write something. First 100 characters: [sign]
ADMIN: PAPER: OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont) tried to write something. First 100 characters: Civilian
ADMIN: PAPER: OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont) tried to write something. First 100 characters: Deployment to the Field of Operations
ADMIN: PAPER: OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont) tried to write something. First 100 characters: 1 Combat Kit (Uniform, Helmet, Boots, Gloves, Armor) and 1 Radio Backpack
ADMIN: PAPER: OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont) tried to write something. First 100 characters: 1 M41A Pulse Rifle (With ammo and attatchments as requested)
ADMIN: PAPER: OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont) tried to write something. First 100 characters: 1 Mod88 Sidearm (With belt, ammo, and attatchments as requested)

Admin PMs between the two

ADMIN: PM: LynxSolstice/(Working Joe #546)->OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont): Hey there, you can’t be frontlining as the CL.

ADMIN: PM: OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont)->LynxSolstice/(Working Joe #546): Im not, im staying near the FOB

ADMIN: PM: OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont)->LynxSolstice/(Working Joe #546): Frontline is north of here if memory serves me right

ADMIN: PM: LynxSolstice/(Working Joe #546)->OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont): You are in full combat gear and in a red zone. the cades haven’t extended to include corpo dome.

ADMIN: PM: OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont)->LynxSolstice/(Working Joe #546): I said near, not in the FOB and like i said, the front is at river, not down here as operations normaly go, if you want i can radio command and ask them to tell me where the front is to confirm im not at the front

ADMIN: PM: LynxSolstice/(Working Joe #546)->OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont): Pleas remind within the cades. You are not combat personnel.

ADMIN: PM: OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont)->LynxSolstice/(Working Joe #546): Im not trying to fight, just trying to recover WY stuff, and i will be dammed if i get caught by a runner

ADMIN: PM: LynxSolstice/(Working Joe #546)->OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont): Okay that’s my point there.

ADMIN: PM: OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont)->LynxSolstice/(Working Joe #546): What is?

ADMIN: PM: LynxSolstice/(Working Joe #546)->OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont): You were doing combat as a CL.

ADMIN: PM: OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont)->LynxSolstice/(Working Joe #546): I saw a dude geting grabbed by a bug, am i not allowed to help them? Should i just leave them to die?

- The note is sent

ADMIN: PM: LynxSolstice/(Working Joe #546)->OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont): You didn’t need to go out of the cades.

This conversation took the timespan of ~7 minutes.

Combat:

No direct combat logs were generated in the intervention the CL did to save the other marine. Single FF log of the same time span was generated in the same region, being the only possible indicator of the CL opening fire to ward off the attacker:

• ATTACK: OtherHuman/(Landon Dupont) shot [EXPUNGED]/(Cesar McDonahue) with a rifle bullet in the Corporate Dome

Given note:

LynxSolstice/(Working Joe #546) has edited otherhuman’s Admin notes: Rule 2. Deployed as a CL in full combat gear, moving outside the FOB. When told to remain inside the cades, ran out to fight a xenomorph.

Footnote:

I’ve left combat logs and some other small things out, as I deemed them unnecessary for the judgement of this. If anything arises, they can also be added on need. Whew, been a moment I’ve done log pulls!

As always though, please, inform if anything here is lacking!

I think the only really lacking detail is the fact I did not “leave” the cades to fight a xeno, I “left” the cades because there was a marine getting pounced by a lurker, and I went to go save them from death, and I think its worth noting that if I really wanted to fight I would have tried to chase it down, but I simply shot it til it ran off to save the guy getting pounced.

2 Likes

Also forgot to mention, but all of my equipment was authorized by that rounds CO, who has the authority to allow such a thing and in the document it stated “Information Retrieval” which would keep me in the backlines just looking around for intel that would be of use to WY (And i mean the backlines with the frontline always being to the north in the caves, and away from the colony itself)

3 Likes

Hey! Did you actually manage to shoot a xeno at all? Would you mind telling us how this possible combat even happened, if any did?

Alright im going to just say what happened step by step, I was walking back into the FOB from the corporate dome to head shipside and do some stuff up there, but as I close the cade I see a marine in the corporate dome getting pounced by the lurker and im at a weird angle so its difficult to hit the lurker, so I open the cade and walk 1-2 tiles outside of the FOB and shoot the lurker with the authorized pulse rifle I had to scare it off, which saved the dudes life and once it was gone I simply returned inside the FOB and waiting for the dropship then went up. Personally I would not classify it as combat as it was just me scarring off a xenomorph, and not fighting it, if I had wanted to fight the lurker I would have chased it down to try and kill it.

1 Like

Your remarks are added to this chat, and a passage on the combat logs involving these notes were added.

I will add on the topic of the whole “Shot the marine” thing that may have been because CL has 0 weapons skill so I may have hit him once while trying to shoot the xeno (But I don’t know if that was the marine but its very likely that was them because I don’t remember shooting anyone with a rifle that round)

You were a CL, not a PFC++, you shouldn’t even be in full combat gear. At the most the CL should be using is the Mod88 and the ballistic vest.

Staff did nothing wrong.