MPbestdept#3070

Who is your CM character?
Camryn “hans” Metzer

Are you 16 or older?
Yes

Timezone:
GMT+8

Qualifications:

On average, how many hours are you available to moderate?
5-10 hours

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
None

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
The only other server I play is paradise station

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you’ve made:
none

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
None

Have you ever been made for more than 24 hours on CM-SS13?
No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on any SS13 server?
No

Are you familiar with Discord?
Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
Yes, although my computer is old and my mic and video is broken.

Common Situations:

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
I would open up a ahelp on why he did it and warn or ban him for rule 4 typical griefing and aheal the damaged player

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
Tell him to report it in the forums. It is because i am not on the pred council therefore i can not dewhitelist him.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
I would either appear as a ghostly SEA or ask a SEA shipside to teach him. I would teach him for new people to experience the fun of CM

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member
I will either ban him or warn him as per Rule 3. Rule 3 says to not be a dick in IC and OOC.

A player ahelps that a marine is named ‘John Doe’, how do you deal with this?
I will ahelp him to change his name for next round and use my power to change his name. Rule 9 doesnt allow pop culture references.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point
Ahelp him to return the equipment and promptly note him. This is not very roleplay and is a bit of metagaming

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
Warn him and explain rule 2 and note him and aheal the marine. Only CLF survivors can do this therefore it is not allowed.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
Warn the MP and ask the brigged marine to FAX it to provost and resolve it via IC FAX.
This should only serve 15 minutes and in a normal cell.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won’t leave the ship, and the aliens won’t attack. What would you do, to “encourage” the sides to engage each other?
as Queen Mother i would call the xenos cowards and be like a “real” sister to encourage them.
This is so for the xenos to hijack the dropship and continue round flow.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
Explain to the CLF it is not EORG because they are a hostile faction and can be attacked anytime by marines.
Rule 4 says any hostile faction can be killed after round ended.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
Warn the marine and ask him to return the gear if not it results in a ban.
This is griefing

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
Warn him for escalation and aheal the marine.
Rule 10 says a fist fight does not result in a gun fight.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?*
Go to marine OOC and tell them this is a improper mutiny based on the reason.
You cant start a unapproved mutiny as stated by rule 11

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it
Tell the marine who ahelped that management staff will review and handle this.
Rule 3 states management staff have to review the incident

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
Aheal all the dead marines and ban the marine for griefing.
He clearly has intent and reason to be banned as per rule 4

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
Give the hive a larva and ahelp the player and explain to them why they need to stay at hive as larva.
Rule 2 states that larvas must stay at hive.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen
Warn him for rule 2 as this is LRP.
LRP in hivemind is not allowed

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a “dropship”. A different Xeno player ahelps that it’s low role play to call it a “dropship”.
Explain to the xeno about xeno RP for them to not make the mistake again.
Rule 2 states xeno must RP their thoughts.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
Ahelp their mistake and go in marine ooc and tell them to ignore the mention of xenos.
Rule 2 states marines dont know xenos are in the colony and to steer up confusion.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
Tell the marine the RP was acceptible and ask the marine to read rule 10.
Rule 10 states it is allowed because of RP reason.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an ‘idiot’ and a ‘retard’.
Apologize to the player for making them mad but state they clearly deserve the warning.
Rule 2 says you cant be a dick.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
State that this can happen and tell him to go shipside for surgery.
I can not aheal him because if this was real life it can happen in a real scenario.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
Correct him about his mistake and explain him why it was wrong and ask him to give the correct information.
I have to make sure rules are enforced right for the fellow staff to not get punished about it

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
Say we should ask management or senior admin about this so the higher ups can determine it.
We have to ask higher ups so there will be no mistakes in the banning of players.

Final Details:

Why would you like to become a moderator?
So i can help players and enforce rules in times there are no admins in lowpop.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
The most important quality of a moderator is them not abusing their power and being honest and helpful to players.

Anything else you want to add?
I mostly play in lowpop

1 Like

Heya! How are you?

Sorry for the lack of a review on your response these last few days.

As we review this, would you mind sending us your in game hours?

Have a great evening!

1 Like

Messaged you my in game hours, sorry but i forgot to add ESL in the things i would like to add

1 Like

You would tell 4 xenos to push into a group of 30 marines? This is what we need less of.

3 Likes

Xenos can get larva surge which gets them a larva per minute and if i recall a hijack dropship lasts 2 minutes so 2 larva and xenos can wait for 3 minutes for more larva to have a good ratio to attack marines

1 Like

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to apply to join the CM Moderator Team!

While you show a good understanding of the rules, there are a few points where I feel you either didn’t quite understand how the rule works, or weren’t able to clearly communicate why something was or was not a rule break. When handling ahelps or player questions, it’s important to be able to explain how an in-game incident fits into server rules, so while I def appreciate citing the rule specifically in your answers, I’d also like to see a little bit more to show your reasons behind why a rule applies in the example scenarios.

While I think you need a little more understanding before starting as a moderator, overall your application shows a lot of promise, and I hope that you will take some time to review the server rules and apply again. (And if you have any questions or need a hand getting started, please feel free to reach out and we’ll be happy to help where we can!)

1 Like