TheAdamantVeil - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - TheAdamantVeil

What is your BYOND key?
TheAdamantVeil

What is your Discord ID?
TheAdamantVeil#8022

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?
Veilen Adamant (chef) | Sky ‘Skillet’ Forfront (doctor and medic) | Bulwark Neilson (IO, Rifleman, CE, and OT)

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?
Completed but not accepted synthetic application about a year ago

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:
SOL

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?
The SOL units personality traits are as follows: puns (occasionally likes the odd Anatomy pun), Abrasively direct (some times), Loyal (in till self-preservation parameters kick in), attentive, and passionate.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?
Will treat all ranks from highest to lowest with the utmost respect but borderline abrasiveness with his blunt answers. will also say “fudge waffles” instead of curse words. Also Highest rank orders supersede any orders given by lower ranks unless it involves a loss of life due to the order.

most conversations unless its about his fascinations are usually straight to the point. he may throw a pun in there once in a while.

Interested in medical based care and has a fascination with anatomy based puns. Has a fascination with hands on based medicine like massage and can talk about the anatomy and treatment of those with long term or genetic issues for hours on end.

Sentient Orderly Labor
S.O.L
This Fully Cognizant and self sufficient Synthetic unit can do it all! Got dirty toilets and floors, he is a truly a a wiz at cleanup! you’ve fallen and you cant get up? He will pick you up, repair that broken hip joint and make sure your fully functioning as soon as possible! You had a pipe burst in your basement? he can have it fixed in a jiffy! You’ve locked yourself out of your home? SOL is a trained locksmith and he can get you in no problem, plus with no extra cost to you. (disclaimer: tools are not provided nor covered in the SOL’s extended warranty) ORDER YOURS TODAY!

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
I would like to have a different perspective of roleplay. I have been playing CM for about a year to a year and a half now and feel I have the knowledge and RP back ground (through other avenues in the past) to make the role into something I can enjoy. also to have a more generalized reaction while still having gameplay/roleplay in mind.
also I would like to just play as a Working Joe from time to time.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
when I was playing medic and I was assigned a synthetic Corgi unit. I was made a K9 unit and really enjoyed it since it broke up the monotony of just constant frontline healing. I am not the best at fast typing so sometimes it would take me a second to interact while saving people from beano demise.

Synthetic Character Story:
Personal Log 4 SOL
Stellar date [redacted]
Location USS Sephora

This is synthetic unit SOL. I am currently on the USS Sephora working as a common Cargo deckhand. I was asked by one of the Officers to keep a daily log of ongoing duties to make sure my thought parameters are within normal limits. Today was… an eventful day for me. We had… a deckhand get injured pretty severely. luckily I was there to provide medical aid, but I could not save the mans leg from the lift as it had gotten caught between one of the guard rails and the floor as the lift was descending. I had him set up with a cybernetic one by the end of the shift. I feel almost devastated I would say. I felt useless, but I will do better. I will strive for better treatments both medically sound but also alternative medicines to help treat those mental injuries. I… I cannot stop thinking about his face after the surgery though, and his screams of pain… I need to be a better… unit?
Log ended due to time constraints put on Synthetic logs by Dr.[redacted]

Personal Log 56 SOL
Stellar date [redacted]
Location USS Sephora

This is SOL. this will be my last log before I transferred to the Almayer. The Commanding officer has approved of the transfer request by the researcher aboard monitoring my basic mental status and personality development. I have had quite the experience with miss [redacted] she feels that I’ve become more obedient but a bit blunt with my replies. Apparently I remind her of her husband mr.[redacted]. I enjoyed my time here on Sephora and wish I could remain with those that… A large WOOSH can be heard overpowering any voice of the recording well the Dropship that will be taking me over for my transfer just landed. I appreciate all that you did for me, and stay pretty “Humourus” in the medical field and your research. Plus don’t forget to try out those new tools and techniques I found on that Scar tissue surrounding your Sciatic region in your lower lumbar.

Skills:

Engineering:
Extremely

Command:
somewhat

Medical:
Extremely

Requisitions:
Extremely

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
I believe the only combat scenarios Synths can participate in are ones when the ship is being invaded by Foreign troops like the UPP (where synths have there restrictions taken away combat wise) to assist. I have seen synths go ground side to assist with wounded on the front but never participate in direct combat. Otherwise If you are being attacked you are to disable or disarm then run way. no pursuing the enemy

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
no

Are you currently banned from our Discord?
nope

Let us know why you were discord banned.
N/A

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
I did this at 3 AM after working for 12 hours so not 100% sure if I did it properly. good ol’ anxiety. give me feedback about what’s wrong since I suck at applications, and even point me in the right direction of someone who can help me 1 on 1 if you can. Appreciated in advance.

So your original actual application is missing from the old forum archive but from the replies which are still there, it looks like you may be trying the basically the same app but with a new council? In the interest of good faith, top to bottom

Names- Synthetics are expected to have relatively normal human first or last names. They are not named via acronyms.

Personality- Abrasiveness can be done but is best avoided. The issue is that it can start fights with crew and overall can be seen as a detractor from the integration of the synthetic as “one of the guys”. Another big thing is, while it’s not in your story and I don’t know you personally, basing a trait on being knowledgeable about X subject doesn’t go well unless you actually are IRL knowledgeable about that subject. If you get something wrong, and a marine player is someone who actually knows about that subject, they can call you out on it and it destroys the credibility of your character to the point where a certain category of players will even start going after trying to get you decommissioned.

Story- Synthetics make introspective judgements and assessments of themselves but do so with the objective of improvement. A synthetic may judge that their contributions were insufficient due to XYZ factors and seek to mitigate those factors if possible, but is not an entity that will “feel bad” about things. Additionally, we want interactive dialogue between synthetics and other characters. Typically looking for 2-3 pages worth which most people post via google doc.

Combat- You’re not quite right about combat. I would recommend using the discord WL app help for clarification as this can become a complicated subject. Learn about Delta Alert conditions, difference between front, backline, transit, and FOB, that kind of thing.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. The last app was so bad that someone deleted for me. Maybe i just don’t have the right perspective to RP as a personalised synthetic. Is there a separate app to play as a working joe?

Hello!

No, the only way (currently) to play as a working joe is to apply and be accepted as a Synthetic member. I tend to tell everyone this but if you’re just wanting the role to clean the ship, MT is a free and playable role to use. In fact, MT has a lot more freedom than a Joe does when it comes to construction, combat, being a goof ball, etc.

1 Like

Joe seemed more restricted in interactions that also would give you a better perspective before applying but it makes sense thanks!

I also tend to be one of those people that works better with direct interaction with a role and suck at applications. IRL applications for me are like that also since I work in a very hands on field of medicine

Hi AdamantVeil,

Thanks for your application. As you have been informed, the personality is kind of insufficient in gameplay but primary issue with your application is the story. Your Synthetic is quite a bit too sentient and didn’t display your quirk well enough. I believe you’ve received a decent amount of feedback but feel free to ask any of council or post in WL APP help after you’ve reviewed a couple accepted applications to get a feel of things. It may also help you to read a page or two of lore as your Synthetic name is not exactly conforming.

The application is denied but since it has been sitting since Apr 7 you may reapply immediately. I strongly urge you to review and rework your application however. Good luck!