Three World Empire ERT

Excellent idea. I can see that as well.

3 Likes

“The Royal Marines Commandos , commonly known as the Royal Marines , were a military force maintained by the Three World Empire. Serving in a similar role to the United AmericasUnited States Colonial Marine Corps, the Royal Marines lacked the regimental strength and reach of the USCMC, though they were well-trained, equipped with cutting-edge technology, and bolstered by contracted soldiers provided by the Weyland-Yutani Corporation.”

Seeing here that they’re ‘bolstered by weyland yutani soldiers’, I’m going to assume then that Wey-Yu has a very very strong influence over the TWE, so maybe it’d be cool to see the Royal Marines as scions of influential Wey-Yu members, or maybe even throw in a Wey-Yu advisor to the mix.

The more I dig the more I find.

There’s a book about them! WHOOOO! Called Aliens Colony War! I’m gonna get it now (see how dedicated I am to this? I’m buying books)

E:

I guess I already got it?

4 Likes

alright for some of ideas i have for weaponry i had a look at the type of equipment the real life ones use and used in-game equivalents
RMC Rifleman:armed with a m41A/2 battle rifle(they are special ops capable and it is a w-y pmc gun) ,m41A pulse rifle(the poorer equipped members) or m4ra battle rifle(british do love bullpups for some reason) and a 88 mod pistol
RMC Medic:M39B/2 SMG and 88 mod
RMC Engi: Tac shotgun or m41A/2 pulse or battle rifle along with an 88 mod
RMC SG: Dirty smart gun and VP-78 pistol
RMC SL: M41A/2 Battle Rifle,tac shotgun,or M39B and for their secondary i had an interesting thought if we are going to make them honorable i had an idea how about they have a choice of either the matbea auto revolver standard(unlikely) VP-78 or a Webley revolver (i mean it is better than an m44 against regular armor) a webley revolver is an old British revolver from the 1880s so it would make sense for the SL to have it like they are carrying on the honor of generations of British soldiers similar to how they are carrying on the Japanese honor by wearing samurai type gear

3 Likes

I think this is a solid idea.

3 Likes

Any thoughts on things like the MAR 30? Bullpup gun that holds up decently on the scene.

Why not give the auto revolver to all of them? A unique sidearm would be nice, as a lot of these guys are shared by the UMSC.

I’m gonna give this book (it’s 9 hours audio) a listen, and maybe it’ll shed some light on some canonical details.

E:

AHA!

3 Likes

This thread has been a goldmine of great ideas.

3 Likes

the mar 30 is an upp gun so unless they somehow tweaked it or made a copy of it i doubt it would make much sense and as for the revolver i just worried it might be considered a bit overpowered giving an entire squad what is basically the co’s BE’r

Edit: ok the tre do use upp guns like the DKT-59 Misha , but i still doubt they would use the mar40 that much due to it’s origin as an upp gun

3 Likes

Oh! Didn’t realize it was UPP lmao. Alright, well I think you were on a good stretch with the bullpup rifles, it’s unique! It matches the British style, not a bad spot. And for the revolvers, maybe give the Auto revolver to the main one and VP78s to the rest, since it seems canonically VP78s are their primary sidearm. I wonder if there are any other Japanese/British kinds of guns we could choose from.

Isn’t the M4RA a carbine? It’d be interesting but what about an automatic weapon? FN2000? Bullpup, automatic, isn’t used by any other faction. I know it’s not really British nor Japanese, but it’s close.

3 Likes

it’s used by the PMCS so yes it makes sense

edit:i meant this FN FP9000 Submachine Gun

1 Like

Brilliant!

So we have a list of some primary weapons, M4RA, FN2000, M39.

And secondaries, Autorevolver and the VP78.

I’m still going to shout and scream that they should have katanas for the SLs but! I digress.

Now I’m not exactly sure what the RESS is compared to the 3WE. BUT I think the rank structure is there and may be fitting.

I on the other hand, am going to see if I can’t put together a proof of concept sprite. (Keep in mind that it will not look good and is more or less just meant to get a visualization.

E: I mean the FP9000 too.

2 Likes

the way the navy and marines work in the us and uk is different in that in the uk the marines are an extension of the navy and are the same branch where as in the us the marines are a different branch that relies on some stuff from the navy but is not the same as it this is why it’s separated into navy command and marine grunts for the TRE and the uscm is just one giant marine structure

2 Likes

Ofc yeah. I’m sure this book will talk about ranks to an extent, so I’m p sure a lot of good content will be able to be garnered from it. I’ll prolly listen to the whole thing and then condense some notes in a post.

2 Likes

any updates on that post?

2 Likes

So far, I’ve gotten this:

3WE owns a thing called the Weyland Isles, which is a colonial sector that’s meant to be luxurious. One of the planets is New Albion, which has “A string of high-rise apartment blocks across a city center”, meant to be very nice.

Have yet to get to the Royal Marines, but it seems New Albion is viewed as the 3WE’s greatest Colonial success.

Sorry I don’t have more, have only been listening off and on. Will get through the brunt of it today.

E: Haha turns out that New Albion isn’t anything like it’s made out to be. Def shows the dwindling state of the 3WE. They have an image to portray, but they can’t keep up to it anymore. Seems a lot like a dying empire that keeps a fine coat of paint on itself to make it seem powerful.

2 Likes

Excellent work. Keep it up. I think we have a good thing coming with this.

1 Like

“‘We’ll see business in the shires’ The soldier said, frowning beneath his polished metal helmet. His uniform was surge green, and there was a patch over one breast that proclaimed him to be a junior officer in the New Albion First Duke of Wellington’s Regiment. Over his shoulder was slung a standard issue projectile rifle.”

^ A little excerpt about New Albion soldiers, nothing about Royal Marines, but helps paint a picture of the 3WE.

“Sling him over the side, we never saw him, yeah?” - Quote from a 3WE Response team member after killing a colonist survivor of a Xenomorph infestation. Shot him out of fear, not really any malice.

“There are no survivors, got it? It looks like they all went crazy and killed each other… Understand?” - 3WE Response Team member commenting on the colony. Okay maybe a bit of malice, but it’s less of a corporate “We gotta cover this up” and more of a “We just killed a guy so we gotta make sure nobody witnessed it”

^^ I do not believe these are the Royal Marines yet. The book said that these came from a ship named the ‘Victory’ that was delivering ore shipments to New Albion. While it is 3WE, it is not yet 3WE military, just some citizens with guns who are up to some crazy shit.

I think I’m nearly to the part that shows us the arrival of the Royal Marines. Will make another update post once I get there.

3 Likes

Question, does anyone know the primary author of TWE Empire lore? Would love to get his take on it.

1 Like

Thanks for the input Solid. Do you know who is the primary lore writer for the TWE? Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Like

Anyone who would like to pick this project up as an ERT feel free. Easy approve and very exciting.

4 Likes

if you don’t mind me asking do you know if there’s anyone on the dev team who might be interested in the idea?

2 Likes