UPP warcry preference

I suggest adding a preference to have UPP warcry(“Za Rodinu! Ura!”) instead of a regular USCM.
A. Add a trait in Character Traits “Advanced Russian” or something like that
B. Add pamphlet “UPP propaganda texts”
C. If you have the trait Speaks Russian you can select it(don’t know where this option can be put)
We have a pretty decent amount of marines that were born in UPP(I don’t think in UA people would name their kids or themselves Slavic)
And UPP warcries just sound more epic(in my opinion)

4 Likes

it will be kinda funny if UPP had cyka bleat as a warcry

no the upp warcry makes the major events with them cooler, plus this would be massively LRP

2 Likes

I like the funny little UPP screams. I like more customization even more, so yeah, I’d love to see new warcries. Mix it up a little.

2 Likes

ZA RODINUUUUU.

This would be like an American grunt shouting Soviet slogans during the Cold War. Insane and likely to get them in massive trouble. I don’t think its a good idea, even if it is funny.

Also, it would risk diminishing the “impact” of UPP as an aspect that is unique to them is rendered less unique.

Personally I’d love if more generic voicelines had a unique variant for non-USCM forces, such as more Russian/Soviet style chaunts for UPP, more merc style for PMCs or more civilian sounding cries for survivors.

2 Likes

This is the USCM not the UPP.

The warcries provide a quick way to identify the difference between USCM and UPP on the battlefield, and for players of both to announce their presence. The fact that this cannot be changed doesn’t matter much for gameplay since I’ve never seen espionage occur, only frenzied skirmishes. Also the ‘sovl’ of the unique cries make it fun to play UPP.

I don’t see this happening for the following reasons:

• As highlighted above, it doesn’t really make sense for UA marines to be shouting “FOR THE MOTHERLAND!” and etc.
  • The UPP will be less identifiable, in addition to removing something that is squarely theirs.
2 Likes

completely agree, took the words right out of my mouth

1 Like