Yeet_king - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - Yeet_king

What is your BYOND key?

Yeet_king

What is your Discord ID?

Dr3am_DeStRoYeR#9052

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

I usually play MT or a chef but occasionally rifleman too

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

none, this is my first

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Connor

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Connor is a cold and quiet synthetic. Will speak to anybody only if he is spoken to or if he needs something from them. He can be described as a quiet workhorse and will do any job he is tasked with without questioning it so long it is in accordance with his programming and the marine law.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Connor is not a popular model since it was one of the few ever produced. That was due to its cold personality making it unsuitable for casual interactions and as such not popular in its workplace. Despite that Connor is obedient and hard working, taking up all work it is tasked with and thus making it a suitable choice for a ship in need of extra hands.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I wish to play as a synthetic in order to help around the ship or even planetside with anything I am tasked to. Considering my Synthetics character it makes for some decent roleplay as well. Thanks to the many skills a synthetic has I can help with almost anything.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

The “You always know, a working Joe.”. It’s simply glorious. Especially to those like myself who have played Alien Isolation.

Synthetic Character Story:

This Connor model was created to provide assistance to remote facilities, especially in different planets, space stations and space ships. However it usually took on the hardest tasks requiring little to no human interaction. At first it was sold at a mining colony , Connor was tasked with controlling a powerloader and carrying minerals and supplies around. Later, after the colony business went bankrupt it was sold to the Army and thus ended up aboard a USCM vessel, the Almayer. On the Almayer it performed various tasks including medical duty, construction and repairs as well as tasks like hauling. Since the marine corp was a place where people would need to communicate with a yes sir and no sir, it was the perfect enviroment for Connor, who still serves the USCM to this day.

Skills:

Engineering:

I can do most tasks related to engineering. I may need the wiki for a couple of em but mostly well acquainted

Command:

I mostly played SO so I’d say a fair amount

Medical:

I am familiar with medical. I can do basic healing a surgery. I haven’t really practiced chemistry much, I usually use the wiki

Requisitions:

Pretty familiar. Once I run req by myself for 2 hours

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

I am mostly capable of shooting rather than melee combat

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

Never on either

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

no

Let us know why you were discord banned.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

Hope I can get the chance to help

This is supposed to be the name of your character if you use the same name for your characters. It lets us see if we recognize you from how you play in game.

Your story is very short and doesn’t any dialogue to show how your synthetic interacts with others.

Your description of your familiarity with systems seems pretty surface level when synthetic is supposed to be a very technical role.

Try looking at other accepted applications to see what they did to get accepted.

1 Like

so I come back in a month?

Also am I required to know chemistry as a synth?

You should know chemistry as you could be ordered or asked to do it in a normal round. You’ll also want to be able to fix APCs, telecoms, power, build nice barricades, and construct walls and other less built objects. You want to know what all the medications do, and be able to do chemistry. You’ll want to be able to do surgery without mistakes, and be able to do it without a scanner if you can. You’ll also want to wet your feet with research and OT on the off chance you get asked to assist there (never had this happen). You’ll also want to know how the consoles in the cic work, and how intel works. Since you could do all the jobs you’re expected to be able to do all the jobs. (Don’t be too discouraged by this though, you’ve always got the handy dandy wiki which you can have open in another tab.

I’m sorry if it came across that way, but I’m not denying your application. The council is the one who reviews it. I will say that I don’t think this will meet their standards. You should still post the name of your marine in here somewhere so we can look out for you in game to see how you act if you’re interested.

There’s a whitelist help channel in the discord, and it’s easy to get someone to proof read your applications or get suggestions.

3 Likes

Name of my marines are Abraham Price, rifleman, Quinton Yeskey, MST and Juliet Todd, MT

Also, the “what are some scenarios that you can perform combat in?” is meant to be “when am I as synth allowed to perform combat?”. If you read Synthetic Programming and Guidelines or other applications, you knew that synths cannot use guns at all.

Well to be honest I read that when it asked me whether I was familiar with the guideline. I nonetheless get it now.

Hi Yeet_king and thanks for your interest in the Synthetic Whitelist.

I think there’s already quite a bit of feedback on what you need to work on, but just to reiterate:

You need to tell us WHICH characters you play, not which roles.

Your Synthetic’s personality should be something unique and something you are passionate about which will translate into gameplay well. Doing any job is no different from any other Synthetic, and being quiet is not really useful, so it would be a weak personality.

Your story should adequately explain your Synthetic and their personality in the universe.

Skill assessment: Go into more detail and explain what you like, what you are capable of, what you tend to do, etc. You can never elaborate too much on skill assessment.

Combat scenario: Unfortunately this is quite wrong. Also, we’re looking for scenarios - give examples of times you might have to do combat as a Synthetic.

Unfortunately I must deny this application, but you may apply in 30 days. Consider checking WL App Help for assistance or check with a councilor before you reapp. Best of luck! :slight_smile: