Synthetic Application - 128th
What is your BYOND key?
What is your Discord ID?
Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?
What whitelist applications have you previously completed?
None yet. It’s my first whitelist applications.
Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:
What is your Synthetic’s Personality?
Basic one - straight-edge bland.
How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?
Gordon model is non-talkative, stoic and reliable. Designated for different types of labor, but with great emphasis on a engineering and construction types of work. “Straight to the point” - his ad logline.
Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
Want to try surv synths and working Joe role, as a way for relaxation and cool sounding one-liners.
What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
Nothing that would stick out. Maybe working Joe during boot camp event.
Synthetic Character Story:
Gordon been purchased and transferred to the Falling Falcons, on the USS Almayer, by High Command in order to expedite and bolster engineering capabilities of Engineering department. Eventually Gordon found most of it’s use among Combat Technicians, assisting them with establishing multiple FOBs, scavenging materials and other heavy-labor tasks.
During one of many missions on a jungle planet, Gordon been apporached by a Comtech.
- Gordon, right? Me and my fellas been wondering, we saw you working all day under heavy rain and wind. Isn’t it bad for your micro-chips and what-not?
- Huh. And you never get tired or bored?
- No. I know no boredom. There is always someting to do. I keep myself busy. That’s my purpose - to work.
Very. I’m mainly play as a Comtech (~400 hours) or MT (~36 hours).
Decently. Have some experience as SO and XO.
Basic knowledges to play comfortably as nurse or squad medic.
I have some basic knowledge. Not my favorite department.
What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
- Construction of fortifications in order to provide protection to marines.
- Retrival of dead bodies from battlefield.
- Medical help to injured marines.
- Self-defence in CQC / melee combat against threats to me as a synth, against threats to marines / survivors, threats to property of the Company.
Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
No. I have only old xeno-jobban, for acting stupid as a runner during Almayer siege.
Are you currently banned from our Discord?
Let us know why you were discord banned.
Nothing to report here.
Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
I suggest looking at some accepted applications for the kind of content we’re looking for. We’re looking for developed characters that can be showcased using a 3-8 page range story which focuses on their dialogue and interactions as a sort of “sell” for behavior in rounds. Synthetics are also expected to be experts in their support areas, being comfortable as a nurse or medic is leaving out doctor, and it’s hard to tell if your statement of basic requisition knowledge covers running the department solo. If you would like more in-depth feedback or wish to ask questions, the discord whitelist application help channel is the primary resource.
Hi 128th, thanks for your interest in the Synthetic Whitelist.
Myself and others have seen you as some support roles, however…
Unfortunately I must deny your application due to it failing to meet our standards. Here is some feedback to you:
- Think about what one of your hobbies are, or something you are passionate in. Then try to incorporate that into your Synthetic’s personality - something unique that would mesh into gameplay well.
- In your character story, you seem to have Gordon as some type of a UA blue collar laborer. This is a great start to your Synthetic’s personality. We generally expect a story that will showcase your Synthetic’s personality well.
- A Synthetic is expected to fulfill many roles and tasks both onboard the ship and deployed - your medical experience is certainly inadequate as it’s the primary function within our gameplay premises. Surgery and triage should be something you are very comfortable and skilled in.
- Your combat scenarios should describe moments where you, as Gordon, may be forced to engage something or someone.
As Katskan had recommended, it may help you to look at accepted applications, and utilizing the WL APP help channel on discord to gauge where you might be, and what may need improving.
You can reapply in 30 days. Best of luck