[2761] Combat Correspondent

1 Like

Would be nice/interesting to port the same features that the war reporter in CM has.

A credits roll after the round ends where the war reporter’s pictures are shown and then uploaded to discord.

5 Likes

Oh I forgot to mention, the camera itself is a bit broken and there’s a bunch of problems with it:
turns into

Not to mention that pictures of living xenos have giant red bounding boxes on them which are just straight up ugly.

Definitely need some way to publish the images for others to see, otherwise you can only shown your image collection to a couple people in a round, and xenos would miss out on it.

Also would be nice to expand the text limits on describing pictures (click a photo with a pen).

4 Likes

Really good idea. The potential to RP is sky high.

6 Likes

Had my first round larping as a civ correspondent and I can say that this is the best thing ever added to the game in the past 3 years. Speedmerge this.

5 Likes

Awesome PR, larping as Joker from Full Metal Jacket as USCM WC goes hard af.

Only 2 issues are

The lack of headset sprite(probably just cause WIP)

And the photo album only holds 7 photos, should probably be brought up to 35 or 42 as it can only hold photos, and nothing but, also maybe allow it to hold camera film.

3 Likes

Speed merge.

Problems are as follows:

some photo issues with red boxes around xenos, no way to add photo descriptions.

No way to attach photos to faxes, meaning your press faxes have zero chance of a headline grabbing thumbnail

4 Likes