A modest proposal.

@Frozentsbgg it is clear you have a distaste for a portion of our community. I am going to make you an offer. What is the dollar amount to relinquish your title of host? I am genuinely interested and if you want to speak in DMs please do. It seems clear you are burnt out on this community. Why not as Soldier did take the money and run?

12 Likes

I love you Archie, but stop with the spam. You’re jerking yourself off too much after the Deltard thing.

Someone tried to ruin the life of someone who just wants to be a good host in a gaming community. The exact accuracies if he fulfills this role can obviously be debated. The reality is servers of all sorts of communities across multiple games have died due to bad hosts who have actively antagonized the community over things that were far more meaningful aspects of the server identity than a single word being now banned.

I’m just going to speak from an experience here as someone who has been thankful to have Frozen on Staff, and now as Host. This server used to have much more issues with bigotry overall, and one such instance of this is when an admin outright harassed me over my pronouns on the discord. He felt safe enough as a member of staff to do this without recompense. My very first interaction with Frozen on this server was him apologizing that I had to experience that, that he made sure the individual who did it was punished, as well as making clear they will punish for it going forward. Mind you, he could not have this person removed, only punished. (Said staff member was only later removed after it was revealed he was a creeper)

Generally power doesn’t corrupt. It just reveals what someone always wanted to do since when they were a peon. It’s better - or more effective rather - to hide your intentions about what you actually want revealing them later. All Frozen has revealed is he’s a slightly afk non-bigot. That’s better than the shitters or antagonizers we’ve had, or could have had, before. You mention soldier who - in staffs own posts in management chat - seemed to make very rash decisions on the fly. He himself made a post on Shay’s app for instance that were he still host he’d circumvent the entire app process to give it to him. He - along with other previous members of management - also on multiple occasions made clear he would/wanted to outright remove Whitelists entirely, a staple of the server that has given untold memories to me, and I imagine to you.

As much as someone can complain, I’d say overall stability is better with him here rather than not. I feel I know who he is as an individual character-wise.

11 Likes

Archibald for host :speaking_head:

7 Likes

Personally I don’t look much into this but perhaps cool it down for abit till the situation stabilizes?

Don’t want anarchy on CM community

5 Likes

I am going to be completely honest and lay my cards on the table. Number one, I am not and I quote “jerking my self off” in any way. The reality is decided to draw a line in the sand for what I believed in. I was prepared and willing to be banned for what I believed was right. Do you remember in the post where I listed my ancestors. That was not just rambling. That was to make a point. My family fights and does not kneel to tyranny. It is in my DNA.

I am willing to offer this man money to walk away and be at peace. What is wrong with that? He can always refuse and continue on. I am only making an offer. Based on what I have seen, the man is burned out. Let someone else take up the mantle of responsibility. On the plus side he gets paid.

5 Likes

I understand but I have to do what I think is right .

2 Likes

duke you need to chill by like a factor of 99%

6 Likes

Maybe you are right. The offer still stands.

1 Like

20 dollar apple bees gift card is all I can do

4 Likes

I feel like I know Frozen character-wise, as well.

That’s why I think he should go ^^

7 Likes

holy mother of tonedeaf.
any of your ancestors composers or even enjoyers of music? they’re turning in their graves right now.

My family fights and does not kneel to tyranny. It is in my DNA.

bruh.i dont even have anything for you.
just
bruh.

1 Like

it is my belief that this man is a direct descendant of both george washington, abraham lincoln, caesar, napoleon, hannibal, alexander the great, peter the great, and many more…

5 Likes

@LilPenpusher You’ve been here longer than I however I’ve only heard good things from frozen. when he appears. If ever.

But seriously I do not think ripping the host from his seat of power is a good idea. Even over this. Server might be put into chaos.

He has the literacy of a college professor if not better. But then again i do not brag about my history in every sentence like a pompous dictator trying to justify himself.

1 Like

You’re comparing what your ancestors did to… complaining about one word of slang being banned from a videogame?

3 Likes

On the general idea, go ahead, but have you even thought about who would be frozen’s successor if he accepts? Like, forest probaly wouldn’t be much better, grimreaper is a bit too controversial after that deltard incident and it’s unknown if any of the other managers would accept.

2 Likes

I honestly wouldn’t trust anyone to be host unless they were well known and had held positions of power before without going schizo. Despite the whole deltard thing, that’s still a drop in the water considering we know frozen is pretty chill as host overall. Better to stick with someone we know is good enough.
Yes the deltard thing was stupid, but trying to incite fucking… revolution??? over it is like… really, really stretching it.

2 Likes

Ill take it.

The host is fine as they are. The only real proble is that they migth have to much power. Not in the “it makes them bad people” way but in the “it might be to much to properl work with” way.

Split the work load a bit, we dont need to get rid of our host that allow our server to be this stable and relativly drama free. Cm has been top ss13 server for a good while now for a reason. And if it where that bad, Cm would have fallen a good bit lower by now.

Love you Duke, but you only seem to try and put fuel on a fire rigth now.

1 Like

A “radical” proposal more like, if Frozen is willing to engage with the community more and continue funding the box I see no reason to rip him out of it.

I don’t hate the guy and doxxing is completely and utterly wrong and should never happen to anyone, but maybe there can be other options or avenues CM can go down to which keep the same people in play but keep them accountable for their actions or they can retire if they truly feel burned out.

3 Likes

I’m also disappointed that this isn’t suggesting we eat the pvts and larva.

2 Likes