add the ability to focus your view forward if you stay immobile

i saw this on blackstone found it cool and balance.
i was thinking you loose three tiles of view behind and gain them forward.
what are you tough on it?

1 Like

pack binos

5 Likes

soooo a scope

1 Like

binoculars??? That’s actually funny that marines have binoculars and xenos don’t, gives a really big advantage.

2 Likes

this ability would be usable for both side.
maybe xeno and synth can see further no idea for the details…
i just think it make sense to have this cheap possibility.

1 Like

We should add binoculars

3 Likes

I’m going to break the meme reply chain and say that a farsight mechanic independent of binoculars or scopes would actually be really cool and would make human stealth actually a thing. This would of course have to accompany range buffs for binos and other view increasing things and probably disallow firing while looking into the distance

4 Likes

this happens to me already anytime i see a neon haired mp

1 Like

finger-forming-binoculars-or-a-spy-glass-isolated-on-white-picture-id166108384
cheap really-able available for all.

2 Likes

Humans already have this in the form of 2x scopes for most weapons and bino’s if not. There a bunch of different ways for humans to get longer vision.

Imo it’s a bit weird that the vision range of humans and xeno’s (most xenos) is 1:1, you’d think that xenos would mechanically have more vision in order to better sneak up on marines

1 Like

Xenos are more independent and don’t need long sight to gather intel to be lethal. Runners can physically scout faster for flanks and relay it back quicker to the whole hive than a human could.

Humans are specifically meant to have this advantage with binos due to gathering intel, and CAS. It’s an advantage humans are meant to have that xenos don’t

Xenos have some advantages, humans have some

Boilers can already do long range view if we want to get picky

idk about getting view in front of you, nearly every SS13 combat server has it, it would turn things like HvH into even more of a nightmare. Normal combat would turn into marines just sitting 10 tiles away from a choke occasionally shooting stuff. That’s why scopes are limited or don’t give you crazy extra view.

2 Likes

runners and watcher huggies can also do this, and technically queen can kinda do this on ovi

1 Like