What is your Discord username?
Crimson#8122

What characters do you play on CM-SS13?
Laurencia Beck, Eleanor Tudor

Are you 16 or older?
Yes

Timezone:
EST

On average, how many hours are you available to moderate in an average week?
10-15 (about 10-15 rounds) a week.

Qualifications:

Do you have previous experience in game or community moderation?
Yes, I do. I have staffed 3 SS13 servers before, being apart of vital systems and running departments.

Provide any links to any previous CM-SS13 whitelist, mentor or staff applications:
Ahana - Moderator Application - #38 (denied, issues to address)
Mentor Application - Ahana - #41 by Robotic_Potato (withdrawn on acceptance terms)
Ahana - Moderator Application - #11 (denied as rules were not yet transferred)

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on CM-SS13?
Yes. And this ban was over a year ago.

Can you actively engage and communicate with the team through Discord?
Yes.

Final Details:

Why would you like to join the CM-SS13 staff team?
I wish to help push an RP-friendly atmosphere. I presented ways on how I would positively correct behaviors that were problematic in my last report via IC means, while both contributing to the atmosphere and restoring it. As a part of this, I would be excited to help assist or run events one day, when the time comes.

I also recently ran into some transparency issues. I had yet to see a glare of any until recently, but I ran into them nonetheless. I would like to help make the staff team a more transparent figure so that players know what should be going on. I can’t say for certain what everything should look like, as I can’t see from behind the scenes, but things that would be appropriate for the player base to have access to I will voice internally where possible.

What makes you a great addition to Staff? (Experienced Tabletop DM, Aliens Lore Buff, Super Organized, etc.?)
I’m comfortable with working in a team, delegating and being delegated to, and working colaboratively with others.

I am a fast learner as well, and can easily reapply any skills that are taught to me, and I think this would be especially useful during the trial moderator phase as it would quickly reveal if I’m a good fit or not in staff.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality of a CM-SS13 staff member?
While I believe the ability to improve upon oneself is critical to being staff, I have come to believe that rationality is most critical.

Staff should be able to walk through their actions with themselves, or others, and determine why, if any, courses of action they took were beneficial or not, or at a minimum, be able to back actions with reasoning(s).

Anything else you want to add?
There are a few things I’d like to address beforehand as I’m sure they are going to be brought up and I’d rather they just be accessible from the start:

1 - Recent inactivity. I have been playing in less active amounts recently. This was due to a couple of factors, such as kickstarting a business, raising a puppy, and tax season being due. This period of inactivity is over.

2 - Mentor Application. I did not feel the sanctions were fair as they were not being applied equally to everyone, solely me.

3 - De-escalation abilities. I submitted evidence of myself working on this to staff already, and anyone is welcome to observe me while this application is up. I believe they’re at acceptable standards now or past them.

4 - Previous application was <30 days. I chose to act on the 4-week (28 days) I used previously while administrating other servers. I did not act in malice or anything. I addressed the issues as requested, submitted proof to staff, and am welcoming anyone to observe to look for these issues if they still exist. I have bettered my de-escalation abilities since the initial moderator application. I apologize if you saw this behavior as overstepping, but I briefly weighed in on how change is already expected in CM; bans are issued in escalation and players are generally expected to improve after a 3-hour ban, or else they should probably not be issued. I took 28 days to reflect and, yes, in hindsight I understand how this can look rushed, but I’ve done what I can, and I think official feedback will be beneficial regardless of the outcome of the application.

I’ll have to go with the same answer I’ve posted in the last one.
You said it yourself, you haven’t been active much lately, I’d suggest playing a bit before rushing another app. I haven’t seen any noticeable change from your usual behavior yet so I’d like to witness that before giving any positivism.

2 Likes

Hi there! You need to wait 30 days from the date of the last closed application before a new app will be considered.Thank you.

Edited to add: So there is no confusion, you may reapply on Sunday, May 28, 2023.