Round ID:

Your character name:

Amanda Apone

Their BYOND key:

silencer_pl

What are you reporting?:

Behavior involving Misconduct

Description of the incident:

During a round, I observed what seemed to be the same hugger going to the same vents over and over repeatedly, using the fact that there was a medic treating people in order to hug as many people as possible. When I made an Ahelp, I was told that this isn’t metagaming, yet it has been said that if a xeno uses information from a previous life in order to give them an advantage, it constitutes metagaming.

Evidence:

Admin PM from-Silencer_pl: Hey there. Can you explain exactly what ahppened?
Click on the administrator’s name to reply.

PM to-Admins: There was a hugger that kept going to the same few vents, crawling out, and hugging people becaue there was a medic there healing people. I saw them do it at least three times.

– Administrator private message –
Admin PM from-Silencer_pl: If they kenw that people were being treated there and they didnt move or take additional precautions after encounteirng them for the first time, we typically do not consider that sanctionable.

PM to-Admins: For metagaming xenos cannot use information from a previous life if they die, or hug a host. TheeBiggest - Player Report: Fledgling Facehugger (570), Rule 6. No Metagaming - #7 by thesoldier This PR supports that.

Admin PM from-Silencer_pl: Its not on the players that play the hugger to secure a permimiter after a sucesful hug on someone. This is not metagaming in my opinion.

PM to-Admins: It is. Opinions do not matter. The rules state that using information as a xeno from a previous life count as metagaming.

Admin PM from-Silencer_pl: I am telling you right now that rule exists to prevent xenos from feeding IC information to each other based on previous life, NOT use hugger mechanics in the way they are intended. My call on this sitauation is that it is unreasonable to expect a player NOT to use a gap in Marine defenses, especially if they let them use it more than one. We would not sacntion a runner for going back to the same gap it found, we do not sanction huggers for exploiting the same hole. The metagaming rule exists to prevent ooc coordination between players, not players exploitng a gap in the other sides defenses.

PM to-Admins: It still constitutes metagaming. I’m not going to argue about it here.

I have already forwarded this to management based on our DMs.

You are asking me to sanction a hugger player because they found a gap that they used time and time again. You did not tell me they learned of the gap as a ghost. You did not tell me they told about the gap to other players, both of which could be seen as metagaming. No. Your “accusation” was that a player exploited the same gap in marine defenses, over and over.

That is not metagaming.

In the report you quoted, a player killed another player on a Rav, the rav player them came back straight for the same player as a hugger to hug them in particular. This was not exploiting a gap in defenses.

That WAS metgaming. Had this been something you reported, I would not have refused the report outright.

On the same note a Runner using the same FOB gap they found after dying as a Lurker would not be metagaming. They would be, had they shared the location of the gap with the Hive or learned of it as a ghost. And if the hugger in question here did any of those things, it would warrant an investigation.

I made double sure that you were saying what you were saying, then I refused to take action because per my call this was not metagaming. I have nothing to add here.

We don’t sanction staff for judgement calls and this is not considered misconduct.

If you are a witness to something and report it, you did your duty. Misconduct/Negligence would be if you were a victim of grief or a major rule break and not offered an admin heal or respawn.

For metagaming situations like you’ve referred to the management policy is: It needs to be obvious such as the report you referred to where there was clear cut video evidence of the player dying and within mere minutes returning as a hugger