Round ID:

Your character name:

Amanda Apone/ John ‘Private’ Stanley

Their BYOND key:

blackdragon813

What are you reporting?:

Enforcement Action Taken

Description of the incident:

I am making this report for a false temporary ban. The reason given by BlackDragon813 is as follows: “LRP- Joined with the name John ‘Private’ Stanley. Was previously warned for this behavior, in fact the exact same name, escalating to 1-Day ban.”

Further, there is no round ID in the ban note, nor was I notified in game.

Evidence:

I am unable to access my note history as of this moment, but I specifically remember talking to a moderator about this before. Previously I used the name of just “Private Stanley” to which I was told that I cannot use Private as a first name, which is completely understandable and established by the rules. While talking to them, I asked if I could use the name ‘Private’ as a nickname, to which they said I could, and I further asked if ‘John Stanley’ would be an allowed name, to which they also said yes. Under the rules regarding character names, there are two majorly applicable statements, which are the following. “A name comprised of extremely common names (I.E John Williams) can be excused for being shared with someone otherwise forbidden, provided the player is not attempting to play as the linked person.” With this rule, it would make the name John Stanley completely fine. Further, if they are trying to say it is LRP since it is a reference to the AI voice things played in-game by admins, that is irrelevant as it is clarified “References can be made to characters in the Official CM-SS13 lore.”

In conclusion, this name is not LRP whatsoever. It falls in line with Rule 9, as it does not break any of the listed rules or clarifications. Thank you for your time.

Greetings, a few things:
1: You were not notified in game, as when I did a scan you had already disconnected when I saw your body with the name. I checked your notes, and you had done similar in the past.
2: You specifically remember talking to a Host about this, understandable as the two positions are easily confused.
3: You’re quickly skimming past the “No Ranked names” portion of the naming convention rules
4: “References can be made to characters in the Official CM-SS13 lore.” refers to canonized characters. A copy-pasta mp3 is not a canonized character.
5: A name such as “John Doomguy” does not absolve it of being a meme name.

3: You’re quickly skimming past the “No Ranked names” portion of the naming convention rules

No, that is regarding names. Not nicknames.

5: A name such as “John Doomguy” does not absolve it of being a meme name.

How is the last name of Stanley at all comparable to a last name of Doomguy? that is an illogical comparison.

Listen, you’re making an IC reference to an OOC meme which is what breaks the line between L and MRP. Even after being told by a Host to not do that.

Please bring out the note, then. They told me to not use it as a first name. I asked, and they said I could use it as a nickname, at least in my memory.

Heya I’m actually just going to resolve this right now.

After looking through some logs I can understand some of the confusion with the way you got instructed to not use the name private stanley in the past. I’ll remove the 1 day ban and just leave a note there that you’ve been told that you cant name yourself private stanley at all.
No action will be taken against blackdragon since there isnt any indication in the previous note that says that your nickname would be alright.

Also, next time include the round-ID. Its literally part of our report rules.

Added report:approved and removed report:pendinglogs