Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain

Accused BYOND key:

DaviMantra

Accused character name:

Saloth Lott

What rule(s) were broken?:

Rule 10

Description of the incident:

As I spawned in late round as Cl I got up to CIC and attempted to make some small talk. Later I headed back to my office and I heard about the thing/mini event, were the CMP and a marine got kidnaped and one got turned into a xeno. Later I went to CIC and found the CMP, I then questioned him about it and did a message in W-Y informing of it. I later was presented with the phone by the captain, Saloth Lott, with a line to the ERT station. I then talked for a bit and informed them, as I did this the XO got more concerned. I then talked in complete Russian with one of the ERT members doing some improv RP. Later the XO demanded a report as I was still actively talking on the phone. They then later took their gun out and approached me. I then told the person on the line that I was in danger, the XO then proceeded to shoot me, I then took cover behind a table and returned fire but fell down and was shot dead. I argue that this is IE as it was not a proper BE and if it was they did no announcement to my knowledge about it, mine are a bit fuckey sometimes so if he did I could have not seen it. Back to the not a proper BE part, there was no active threat and I was doing what was instructed and actively talking, and I only returned fire later.

Evidence:

logs, also Grimreaperx15 responded to the ticket instructing me to make a player report

Hey there! Please feel free contact me on Discord if there is anything missing or wrong!

AlexGuinea
DaviMantra
Staff Officer

While CL is talking to someone on the phone, XO approaches.

SAY: Saloth Lott : My CO died this operation has been a hell (JOB: Executive Officer)
SAY: Saloth Lott : Please CL (JOB: Executive Officer)
SAY: Saloth Lott : Don’t get us more issues (JOB: Executive Officer)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : Will update to command center. local W-Y comms in forign be on standby. (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Saloth Lott : What’s the issue this time? (JOB: Executive Officer)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : As in this. (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : I don’t speak that. (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : Only russian and english. (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : Notify command to tune into my local comms. I will endentify with code. (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain [Whisper]: Code 494622 (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : Hello. (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : Are you speaking to me? (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : Are you one of the whole? (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : 4th fleet. (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : :4 LT. (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : Are you not of UPP? (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Saloth Lott : Upp what? (JOB: Executive Officer)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : Code. Simon Mcshain-LT-4th fleet. agent assignment. (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : I assume you are setting up a joint project with W-Y? (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Saloth Lott : CL (JOB: Executive Officer)
SAY: Saloth Lott : Let’s make a deal (JOB: Executive Officer)
SAY: Saloth Lott : We don’t nuke the colony (JOB: Executive Officer)
SAY: Saloth Lott : AND (JOB: Executive Officer)
SAY: Saloth Lott : You send somone to help us (JOB: Executive Officer)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : I shall provide on the ship. (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : Almayer. (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Saloth Lott : To HELP us (JOB: Executive Officer)
SAY: Saloth Lott : HELP US (JOB: Executive Officer)
SAY: Saloth Lott : Okay? (JOB: Executive Officer)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : What is you code? (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : Ah. (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : What are my orders kaptain. (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Saloth Lott : CL if you don’t tell me what’s going on i’m going to summarly execute you (JOB: Executive Officer)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : Alert alert alert. (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : I am the CL. (JOB: Corporate Liaison)
SAY: Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain : My life is in threat. (JOB: Corporate Liaison)

Towards the end of the conversation, XO shoves then shoots the CL. CL returns fire and shoots the SO.

ATTACK: (Saloth Lott) disarmed (Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain) in the Combat Information Center
ATTACK: (Saloth Lott) disarmed (Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain) in the Combat Information Center
ATTACK: (Saloth Lott) shot (Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Combat Information Center
ATTACK: (Saloth Lott) attacked (Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain) with M41A pulse rifle
ATTACK: (Saloth Lott) shot (Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the Combat Information Center
ATTACK: (Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain) shot (Guilherme ‘shadow’ Huster) with a heavy pistol bullet in the Combat Information Center

Seconds after SO got hit by CL's bullet, SO begins to shoot the CL and kills him.

ATTACK: (Guilherme ‘shadow’ Huster) shot /(Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain) with an armor-piercing pistol bullet in the Combat Information Center
ATTACK: (Guilherme ‘shadow’ Huster) shot /(Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain) with an armor-piercing pistol bullet in the Combat Information Center
ATTACK: ///DEAD/// - (Guilherme ‘shadow’ Huster) shot /(Simon ‘Ghost’ Mcshain) with an armor-piercing pistol bullet in the Combat Information Center

Added report:needverdict and removed report:pendinglogs

Heya! Apologies for this report sitting for so long. But I’ll get right into it.

I’ve looked through the logs and from what I can tell there isnt any reason for the XO to have acted the way they did besides “They are kinda suspicious with UPP stuff” and that does not excuse going full guns blazing.
The XO should have gotten in touch with the MPs and handled the situation within Marine Law.

I will be accepting this report. @DAVIbr942 will be receiving a warning for Improper escalation.
Again sorry for this report having to sit for so long. Happy holidays!

Added report:approved and removed report:needverdict