2023-04-21T09:00:00+12:00

Your character name:
Marik “A.W” Longbow

Their BYOND key:
MarrowWolf

What are you reporting?:
Enforcement Action Taken

Description of the incident:
I would like to appeal to have my note removed and the staff member retrained under under the grounds of.

1. Escalation
  2. Preservation of RP
  3. Inadequately explaining which rules were broken, or or investigate thoroughly.

As you can see here in the logs, the MP already has LETHAL drawn and ready on me while making the arrest, so in resisting with Bare Fists I would be shot and killed.
He already had the weapon ready to respond and opened fire immediately as I did.

This means that I have the, “OOC Right” to shoot him due to the escalation rules.

Furthermore, the situation was aggravated by the fact it was a IC shit drop where our characters got minced, and we were attempting to get the minimum requirements for a Mutiny, for the CMP to attempt to arrest one of us, with a lethal out, when Command had already royally screwed us on the mission. You will also find I have zero history of Mutiny, and I often back the present command. So for me to do this, you know it must be serious.

So, there is also a real RP reason why my character would open fire on an MP trying to arrest him during this round, when they already have a lethal out.

Finally, i’d like to bring this up with the Staff Member who processed the ban.

This does not show me which rules I am supposed to be looking at which I have broken, I have read your rules so far and I see that I have valid escalation.
Considering all this happened in about a minute, there was not time for a proper investigation as well. Because when you’re first boinked a Player is not exactly already reading through the rules.

This is also incredibly annoying to me because we’ve had situations where rounds are delayed over incidents smaller then this. Yet I am hit with a quick ban stating “Read the rules”

I would clearly state which rule the player has broken, and let them have time to read up on what you are talking about. Nor did you in fact notice that we were attempting to arrange a Mutiny, but instead had assumed the mutiny had already started. This is because you need a minimum amount of players before you can even A-Help for a mutiny. We had 4 out of 5.

Thankyou for your time. I know it’s only a day ban and a note, but I take my integrity very seriously and this staff member clearly needs retraining.

Evidence:
Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life (Lethal Already Ready)
Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life (Right to Escalate)
Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life (Preserve the Rules)
Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life (Not investigated thoroughly and not really explained before the ban was issued, Nor time given to check if I was in fact, breaking a rule, which he did not disclose which one I was breaking…)

1 Like

You shot an MP who was attempting to do an arrest.

Everything else is secondary. You clearly broke escalation by opening fire.

I should have spent more time explaining that to you but as far as I remember I was the only staff online and I had to leave soon after.

You do not get to shoot MPs who are attempting to arrest you or others.

He was attempting to do an arrest, with a lethal out Morrow. How am I suppossed to escalate that? Bare Fist? Its already at lethal level.

According to your escalation rules on your wiki, that’s valid.
Unless you think my character should start with a fist fight, when resisting arrest against an MP who already has a lethal out?

If there is a separate escalation method for Arrests i’d appreciate it if you pointed it out for me.
However, so far I can only see the general escalation rules. In which, my character does have a valid reason to escalate to lethal as the MP already had his M44 revolver out.

I’d also like to point out that when I have played as MP it’s been reinforced that you don’t approach someone with a lethal out, because it can lead to situations like this.

Hi there!

I was the CMP that round. I wasn’t even there for an arrest, I saw a Squad Engineer fumbled with Medbay airlocks and I was there to warn them. Then, you showed up and said “Fuck off, pig.” or something like that, you cut that part out from the screenshot:D.

Anyway, after you said that sentence, I stated your Disrespecting a superior Officer charge (my only mistake was to use an abbreviation for that charge (daso) since, I didn’t know that you are new.). Then, you immediately pulled out your sidearm and magdumped me. As you can see here, I pulled out my sidearm A F T E R you fired your sidearm 4 (four) times upon me.

I don’t know what you meant with that, it doesn’t even make sense.

There may have been things in that round that bothered you about command staff, but that doesn’t give you the right to shoot any player who is bothering you with a gun in your hand, like a vigilante. You may have developed an understanding of escalation rules on other servers before, but my advice to you is to observe events for a while on this server and develop a new understanding how people react to such events.

The logs match the screenshots you have provided. In a non mutiny situation this is a text book example of an escalation violation. You cannot open fire on MPs trying to do their job. You can resist by running away, or disarms and punching.

If the MP had shot you with a lethal weapon, they would have been issued a violation for Improper Escalation.

Morrowwolf did nothing wrong here, and the violation on first offense is a warning up to 24 hour ban.