Admin who banned you?
MorrowWolf

Total Ban Duration
1 Day

Remaining Duration
24 Hours

What other servers do you play on?
[Colonial Marines | CM-SS13 | U.S.S Almayer

Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
I have only been banned this once, no other time.

Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
No

is your copy of Windows legitimate?
Yes

Reason for Ban:
Player opened fire on an MP for an arrest. Player was instructed to read the rules during this ban time.

Links to previous appeals:
I have no previous appeals.

Your appeal:
I would like to appeal under the grounds of.

1. Escalation
  2. Preservation of RP

As you can see here in the logs, the MP already has LETHAL drawn and ready on me while making the arrest, so in resisting with Bare Fists I would be shot and killed.
He already had the weapon ready to respond and opened fire immediately as I did.

This means that I have the, “OOC Right” to shoot him due to the escalation rules.

Furthermore, the situation was aggravated by the fact it was a IC shit drop where our characters got minced, and we were attempting to get the minimum requirements for a Mutiny, for the CMP to attempt to arrest one of us, with a lethal out, when Command had already royally screwed us on the mission. You will also find I have zero history of Mutiny, and I often back the present command. So for me to do this, you know it must be serious.

So as above, i’d like to appeal under.

As there is a real RP reason why my character would open fire on an MP trying to arrest him during this round, when they already have a lethal out.

Finally, i’d like to bring this up with the Staff Member who processed the ban.

This does not show me which rules I am supposed to be looking at which I have broken, I have read your rules so far and I see that I have valid escalation.
Considering all this happened in about a minute, there was not time for a proper investigation as well. Because when you’re first boinked a Player is not exactly already reading through the rules.

This is also incredibly annoying to me because we’ve had situations where rounds are delayed over incidents smaller then this. Yet I am hit with a quick ban stating “Read the rules”

Thankyou for your time. I know it’s only a day, but I take my integrity very seriously.

per:

this is being closed. feel free to make a staff report here