Anuv - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - Anuv

What is your BYOND key?

Anuv

What is your Discord ID?

Anuv.

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Janice ‘Foxy’ Lean/FO-X1

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

None

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Eve

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Eve is seen as being terse, straightforward, and matter-of-fact - all without overstepping into any degree of rudeness.

Eve models were designed for accounting departments under the umbrella of UA Allied Command, specializing in efficiency and calculations for military branches. As such she is extremely punctual and often replies to situations in precise ways, preferring to use specific terms over ambiguous ones. Whereas other synthetics may tell a marine “just a moment”, Eve would instead opt to say “I need 13 seconds” for a given task. In the same vein she often gives accurate and calculation estimations to the best of her abilities, opting to say “there is a 82% chance of a flank” over a more generic “I think we’re being flanked” quip. Her personality is best described as “dry” while being more brass-tacks than nerdy.

Any and every situation can be improved upon and Eve is quick to recognize that. There is little that she cannot enhance - and is not hesitant to mention as such. However, as a USCM designated model aboard the Almayer, she’s always thinking ahead and is fully cognizant of situations where said input could be seen as rude or condescending and will not do so, doubly so with officers.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

As part of the Allied Command structure she is well versed in responding with respect and full rank to officers. Eve would use a more casual approach to enlisted, often using first names or nicknames where she sees fit, but still with a rather dry personality and a willingness to give suggestions and advice for deficiencies she may notice. A bad joke may get a faint smile and nod in response to a private, but she will tone down her stoic nature for a captain and offer insight on the operation.

While holding a conversation about food, for example, she would suggest the most calorie-dense and lightweight options to choose from while not considering taste preferences. Her estimations would be common in casual chatter as well: “You have a 91% chance of defauting on your mortgage, corporal” over “Yeah, you’ll probably lose your house after this operation” for a given conversation.

Her focus is based around improving everything within her abilities, in every way. Given her design around accounting and actuary work most of her interests would be in estimations, drawing upon experience in military logistics and area improvements she can suggest, down to being a direct mentor of sorts.

“Whatever the mission may demand , Eve is here to help. Smarter. Faster. More efficient. The start of a better future begins today - with Eve.”

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I consider myself a support main. I really enjoy the thought of the mechanical freedom that a synth has when it comes to handling most every support task needed. I often find myself wishing I could repair an APC as a medic, or defib a pile of dead marines when I’m an engineer, or quickly help at Req when no CTs woke up. I sometimes go RFN or xeno but I really do preferer support. I think being a synth would be a great way to help everyone out, which is my goal. Even if I’m ICly sassy about it as Janice sometimes.

I also really love the RP opportunities that a synth can bring to the table. Even as a regular squad role I like to engage in banter and IC interactions when doing jack shit. I think having a more focused personality and a unique take would be really fun to work with.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

The one that foremost springs to mind is when I was the CL and got on the bad side of our CO, Alexander Balakhara, who accused me of hacking ARES. He stormed into my office with at least a dozen underlings - MPs, the XO, his SOs, and wanted to pin me for sedition. I engaged in some banter and accused him of being a failure - to which he sicced his DOGS on me and everyone started to lunge at me and attack me. Molly was there as the colony synth, aligned with WY, and we were engaged in some corporate chatter before she moved in to protect me. A literal swarm of marines chased me down but her quick thinking not only stopped them from mobbing me, but protected my LIFE, and I will never forget that.

Synthetic Character Story:

Skills:

Engineering:

Very. I started to really enjoy proper FOB construction and general engineering after learning medical but I think I’m very competent at it. Lately my focus has been on proper folding cade placement for good throughflow and wall/sightline considerations. Even as a role like TL or IO I always being an APC repair kit, and often find myself fixing comms on lowpop. Have done the more obscure stuff too, like using nailguns to patch holes and machinery construction.

Command:

Command is my least played role but I think I’m competent on overwatch. Console use is no issue for me and I try to be vocal about casualties and general info like flanks.

Medical:

Very. I enjoy being a medic main and often go doctor as well. I have all surgeries memorized including eye and brain repair if I don’t have IA handy. Without being overly confident I think I am very fast at getting a marine revived and on their feet quickly, and addressing any and all medical issues in the field or on the ship. I also think I am very attentive to triage order, opting to set a freshly killed marine aside for an incoming one that’s flashing red.

Requisitions:

I consider myself to be good at Req, with considerations for supplies often forgotten. I try to consider what’s actually needed (anything but M4A3 good lord) like sending loose 10x24 even if I have to hand-pack it. I also try to keep an ear out to requests and pay attention to the budget throughout an op.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

A situation where a lone marine is under attack and needs assistance where I can move to assist without putting my own preservation at risk. If a rifleman is being harassed by a lone runner while we’re moving together to the FOB, and especially if he/she goes crit, I can try to dissuade the runner without chasing them down if they do disengage (with repeated harassment warranting a stronger response). However, if the whole hive suddenly shows up, I’m out of there and looking for backup with self-preservation coming first.

Attacking hostile factions - if a DNA-disintegrating handoff goes bad, I can engage and protect USCM lives by attacking a hostile non-marine. Non-lethal options would be the first go-to and I would engage only until the threat is neutralized (like putting the PMC in crit). But if they show intent to kill, it can be met with the same response, being a non-USCM faction.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

No.

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

No.

Let us know why you were discord banned.

n/a

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

Thank you for taking the time to read my app!!!

7 Likes

Incredibly easy +1

You’re gonna kill it.

Great roleplayer, practical quirk, don’t need to ask questions regarding their skill.

Summary

Xeno name in a synth app -1

+2

3 Likes

Very strong player, one of the few people who play support roles enough for me to remember them, good story.

+1

You even got Brad to come into your app to +1 you holy crap lois guhhhhh

+1 btw

3 Likes

Easy +1. Knows the rolls and RPs well.

3 Likes

+1

Did some nice RP when I sent them Liaison work as staff.

3 Likes

I would like to have a conversation with anyone who would -1 this.

My +1 cannot be big enough for Janice.

+1
Great player, and really good knowledge base and solid skills in all roles I have seen them play in. I also love your synth personality! Best of luck!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the feedback so far! Just wanted to say that I started a new job recently so can’t be on as much as I have been, but have been on most nights.

1 Like

Anuv stands out to me as an excellent roleplayer and a very knowledgeable mentor.

+1

3 Likes

So I must ask because it’s not coming out much in either the explanation or the story, what is the expression of personality besides dropping semi-random numeric estimates? It seems the primary expression of the character is a quirk which primarily serves to demonstrate unreliability by giving a number for something that’s likely to be incorrect. Now that might be completely intentional as sort of a “this is why the hand-me-down ended up on Almayer/random backwater colony”, but I am curious if that’s the extent of what’s planned or the story just isn’t communicating everything to me.

The expression I’d best describe as “terse” - I was hesitant to play into it too hard given that synths shouldn’t be rude/mean/overbearing. But the idea is a personality that’s a foil to the more chipper and cheery synths with a seemingly delighted personality.
I wasn’t sure about the hand-me-down aspect making her seem too unwanted, bordering on a defective take/quirk, but I was planning to have a near-overanalytical emphasis about most everything, akin to a “mood-killer” straightforwardness. More focused on working estimations into everything, but not quite to a fault. I imagine the hand-me-down aspect would be from just being so utterly frank in that regard. And I can see the estimations being more reassuring in some situations, but also working into a degree where they aren’t always perfect.
I probably could have leaned into it harder for the story, but I just didn’t want to make an idea of her being “difficult” come to mind. Like showing some comfort after the frankness about the promotion - when a more chipper synth would maybe try to mask a low chance at a promotion to begin with.

Confident in their ability, seen them around forever and frequently. Easy +1

2 Likes

Very easy +1 that I should’ve dropped sooner.
Seen them in countless support roles, RPing across the board, and dropping help and knowledge .in game and in the discord. I absolutely would trust them as a Synthetic.

2 Likes

Your characters a nerd? +1

Can confirm she has the knowledge :nerd_face:

1 Like

Hi Anuv and thank you for your interest in the Synthetic Whitelist!

Your application’s personality showed some concerns with it being on the weaker side based on its premise, but through the story and answers in this thread we believe that, coupled with your roleplay capabilities, you will not let us down in this regard!

The story’s content demonstrated your quirk well as aforementioned and I liked reading the dialogue content inside.

I enjoyed reading your reasons to become a Synthetic and your memorable interaction!

Your experience answers are decent, and are backed up by observations where you were playing relevant roles without error. You likely could have elaborated more, but the answers given are acceptable as they are backed up.

Your combat answers demonstrate a good understanding of Synthetic Programming.

Overall, your app is in quite a good shape!

The next thing to look at would be your plethora of community support. Clearly there are a lot of people jumping to vouch for your excellent roleplay which has been observed on several occasions.

We believe that as long as you maintain your Synthetic’s personality to an immersive degree of roleplay, you will be an excellent Synthetic in all regards.

Welcome to the USS Almayer, Eve!

:mechanical_arm:

1 Like

Added synth:approved and removed synth:waiting