ban dramafarming threads on the forums

Yet

4 Likes

Yet.

2 Likes

Discussions, even around heated topics, are something I personally think are fine to have. The issue is simply ensuring everyone who is posting remains calm and collected.

That means keeping shitposts to acid goop, keeping witty remarks off of serious threads, and avoiding getting drawn into a 100 reply flame war as the same small group of posters get into a huge argument, drowning out the entire thread.

5 Likes

calm and collected discussion simply doesn’t happen here, I’ve never seen a truly calm discussion outside of perhaps ban appeals

2 Likes

is this thread a part of dramafarming too

9 Likes

read my guide everyone other guide is bad, you all sound illeterate. :eye:

2 Likes

Not a bad take. But the problem is…I kinda enjoy these threads and the entertainment they give while I ignore my job and giggle watching these.

Also I’ve never seen a CM player engage in a constructive conversation in any facet of the community here. Its like there is an unknown force preventing them from trying to see the others POV. But if your naïve to believe it will ever happen I commend you.

10 Likes

Yes just what we need… more power and more control. I am sure that the ability to close and ban a thread if its considered dramatic wont be instantly abused to shutdown people.

Do you WANT me to get on my ban soapbox again… holy fuck.

Gah!

4 Likes

I am partial guilty of this and deserve my share of criticism.

1 Like

If we ban dramafarming, some people may have nothing left to do with their weekends and be forced to play the game!

15 Likes

Duke isn’t some kinda drama whore.

He’s arguably one of the most passionate about this community here. He certainly shows it with his activity.

8 Likes

I think that’s a pretty big distinction on what constitutes “dramafarming”, versus “passion” and such.

There are absolutely a lot of players who have out literal thousands more hours into the game than me, and others who have played fewer. Some have so many other communities and social groups that they wouldn’t even notice they were banned for a month or wouldn’t care until they felt an itch like, a year later like a lot of those ban appeals where the reason listed is “dunno, it was in 2019.” Others would be devastated to lose their main past time, social circle, and meme repository in one go.

Being the first to complain about a policy change, complaining about it the loudest, or talking the most, does not equal passion or validity.

7 Likes

Well, if he was a lot more poisoned with his words, less constructive not appearing to be genuine with his issues then i’d agree with you.

Duke’s often first on the scene and loud but I think an objective look at his posts and the perceived intent of them leads me to think he is entirely honest and sincere and I think vocal people like him maintaining their composure while also raising issues they think are important in a constructive way like he does is ideal behaviour from a community member.

Most people react to Duke’s post very favourably and he doesn’t usually see a lot of pushback, especially on the controversial topics the past few days. I think he represents a majority to some degree.

I have no reason why you’re talking about bans and game hours I’m a little lost there, I don’t see how that’s relevant.

Edit:

A further point I should probably make here because it’s an easy one but it’s you here taking a dig at Duke and implying he has nothing better to do on his weekends other than post here. Not him.

7 Likes

You can’t have the space be unmoderated, and level of moderation will be disagreed with.

That isn’t to straw man you, you are fine to say that you agree more with x level of moderation and less with y.

But functionally a space that is moderated for feedback beats any space becoming moderated because feedback happens there. I’d much rather know I’m only going to have to be formal to all in one space than in all spaces.

i barely ever reply seriously or with much effort on the forums anymore for the explicit reason that threads like these often turn into huge arguments with 20 paragraphs being written per post, my eyes literally glaze over every time i see a wall of text. i don’t have the patience or the time anymore to argue with someone unless it’s actually pertinent to something like a player report or otherwise. half the time i’m in these threads i just look for funny replies anyways, but if i have to read another autism dump i’m gonna take a long walk off a short bridge

either way, banning discourse is probably the worst case of censorship and a bad idea overall. people are just gonna take it to the discord and it’d be a migraine to moderate, it’s easier to just close the threads when they get out of control

4 Likes

Lol I missed this post.

You literally mark my posts with the “nerd” emoji like seconds after I post. Sometimes literally seconds.

I dont care and think it’s funny… but glass house…

5 Likes

theres drama farming on the website? what universe am I in lol

1 Like

Dude it is a month later. Shit’s stale.

5 Likes

holy shit can we close this thread already @Grimreaperx15 @harryob

3 Likes