ban dramafarming threads on the forums

pretty much the title, remove threads in regards to any player’s ban, remove threads shitting on people or staff and so on

outrage farming just makes the forums infinitely more toxic and unwelcoming to new users or users coming back from a break, the first thing people see when they look in discussion or acid goop should not be the latest ooc shitflinging

anyone who disagrees can nerd emoji me but I happen to be right

23 Likes

You should be able to discuss it but in a civil and constructive manner

13 Likes

As @hellware said, while “toxic” drama topics shouldn’t get spammed, the community still needs to be able to discuss stuff happening. (nerd reacted you)

6 Likes

Ban threads about banning things

16 Likes

Have we not banned enough things already?

13 Likes

Ban people banning the banning of banned things

6 Likes

Ban people banning the banning of the banning of banned things.

7 Likes

Don’t like em don’t read em

7 Likes

Instead of banning that why not set up a productive change/feedback mechanism. I know this has been tried before (I tried it with other managers last year to no avail).

But the way it has been tried before is here is x space t feedback go ham.

There should be x space to feedback productively (making this a form usually stops toxic feedback as its sorta difficult to maintain anger while being asked to go do a form).

There should also be a regular response from those in charge on the submitted feedback/forms. There’s literally no use in having a feedback space without regular responses or a clear process on how they’re handled.

This is literally just how every big organisation does feedback. Stop the feedback in spaces it is unproductive and unheard then provide a reasonable space for that feedback to be heard and acted on.

The feedback should be a clear line from poster to manager in x dept with little room for people to bandwagon or beef over it.

Just a forum feedback form in which the managers respond to all forms monthly. It is that simple. If someone is flinging shit outside of the form tell them to go submit a request and get to it within 4 weeks.

If it’s ideasguysing have maints or archetects handle that.

6 Likes

The threads started were not done with the intention of drama farming.

You should not be censoring any form of discussion here unless you have a very good reason to be doing it. This is not it.

4 Likes

What you mean in a very simple way, is to have it just like how the pr-feedback system works.

1 Like

It’s not censoring to say “you can give any feedback you like in this designated space but nowhere else”

with any kind of drama there is backlash its nothing though, very minor issue being blown up

1 Like

Agreed! Bummer is how often we’ve seen that people simply can’t.

3 Likes

Not really how it’s going to work though is it?

Just like we can “give feedback” on PR’s through a private custom form with no idea if anyone even reads it, with no opportunity for any open discussion, and at best you maybe get a private message about something to discuss it? (Has this literally ever happened to ANYONE who used the feedback forms?)

The reality is just censorship masquerading as being open by letting you make a post in a trashcan.

And it feels kinda like people who don’t like all this free speech stuff are upset that the common opinion isn’t in line with theirs, so the solution is to shut everyone else up under the guise of being civil.

What we don’t need are more bureaucratic processes just to even talk about something. It’d be a policy choice that removes any capacity for people helping steer the ship the right way and imo would guarantee the server’s gonna flounder or crash at some point.

These are not ‘minor issues’ that are being discussed the past few days

3 Likes

Not sure you read what I said.

You need to have a change procedure and regular responses in place for the system to work.

In my first message I directly address that doing the form bit without doing the change process or response bit is just silencing people.

What I’m trying to articulate is that you do not need a ‘safe space’ to provide feedback nor listen to feedback.

I’ve unfortunately seen too often how fast an “official space” gets locked down: insightful posters censored/banned, toxic cliques policing discussion and driving certain policies, heaps of credentials required just to make a post/be heard; and then all discussion elsewhere locked for not doing the rigamarole.

The only time I think you need an official space for feedback, is when there’s too much noise and it needs to be distilled - but with the size of this community that isn’t a problem; I can read through all new posts on the entire forum inside an hour. Often even in 15 minutes.

The tried and true ‘process’ that I’ve seen work consistently is an admin team that doesn’t care about processes and just listens to what people say and take it into consideration, and implements solutions on their own impetus without committee. No process has ever bested that. As soon as you need to go through official forms and official forums and official so forths, you start distancing yourself from ground-level discussion and pretty soon all you’re hearing is what you want to hear.

If it takes an official process just to get good changes to happen, you’ve already got a crisis of mismanagement and you can’t fix that without replacing the management. The process itself doesn’t matter, at its best it’s a bandaid trying to steer bad managers, and maybe that’s useful, but I’ve just never seen anything like that actually work. Good managers don’t need it, bad managers rig it and do what they want anyway.

3 Likes

you will NOT discuss or criticise moderation’s actions, you will NOT call out people and staff on their bullshit, you WILL play DA VIDYA and STAY SILENT.

man really wants the censorship for that CM 1984 arc

16 Likes

Why isn’t this thread closed along with others… Makes me wonder…

5 Likes

It isn’t 100+ posts long and isn’t full of shitflinging

2 Likes