Ban sexist and misogynistic slurs

I believe this has been a long time coming, currently CM is basically an outlier as being one of the largest servers that has the least restrictive policy on slurs and bigotry in-game and out of the game.

CM should follow goonstation’s (and other major servers) example and ban sexist and misogynistic slurs.
With the recent changes and discussions on the forums, why stop there? Why should we still allow words that are always offensive in all or most contexts but ban a selection of words seemingly at random?

There are way too many of them to list, however the most common ones would be “bitch”, “cunt”, “pussy”, “slut” and “whore”.
Any variations should also be included in the ban, so that people cannot circumvent it.

Some may call me a hypocrite or find this unexpected, however after recently having slurs hurled my way I’ve changed and I’ve realized that banning specific ones will just have the toxic people use alternatives to continue being toxic and that we should strive to make a welcoming and inclusive community for everyone.

20 Likes

15 Likes

Hey guys I told you this will happen. I really don’t see the point here, If I call a marine that shot me 5 times a bitch will I be banned for misogyny? To me this makes no sense. We should start wrapping ourselves in bubble wrap in game too.

8 Likes

LOL NOT EVEN 3 DAYS LATER

HAHAHA THIS SHIT IS UNREAL

How about instead of banning words like the OP provided, we instead kick out the pussies who are offended when the guy RPing a marine fighting aliens who reproduce via blowing up your chest cavity and slice you in half with scythe arms calls their queen a dumb bitch.

13 Likes

I’m not sure if this is a shit post, but if it is then it’s in the wrong category. Anyhow, those are practically normal insults and really depend on the connotation they’re used in.

6 Likes

Damn, didn’t know CM is gonna turn into a christian SS13 server with no swearing.

Are we gonna see the second comming of Xesus?

11 Likes

wait till you find out how marines talk to eachother in real life

16 Likes

man you guys falling for this are dumb as rocks

3 Likes

Like I said in the deltard thread, Oxford pocket dictionary definition of slur is “an insinuation or allegation about someone that is likely to insult them or damage their reputation” - and slurs are already banned, so um actually all those words are technically already banned :nerd_face:

(but in all seriousness, if you’re gonna make announcements about certain words getting banned, just list the banned words in the rules rather than just saying ‘slurs’ and relying on new players to somehow know about all the past announcements you made - and rules should be moved back to a wiki page so people can see the edit history)

3 Likes

least obvious bait thread

10 Likes