Round ID:

Your character name:

Roy Lee

Their BYOND key:

SmellyHippie

What are you reporting?:

Enforcement Action Taken

Description of the incident:

I have no evidence of a marine shooting another marine in front of me cuz it didn’t show in logs for some reason. Even though the guy died and I even dragged him to medics after. This mod didn’t believe me and he exaggerated it in the note that he made. Can I at least get this note corrected?

Evidence:

– Administrator private message –
Admin PM from-SmellyHippie: I have the attack logs, and regular logs opened. They only mistakenly shot a guy twice without killing them, then you lit them up.
Click on the administrator’s name to reply.

Admin PM from-SmellyHippie: zeal shot a guy 8 whole minutes before you killed them. They didn’t kill anyone

Admin PM from-SmellyHippie: yes… you killed someone who didn’t kill anyone. Anyway, you weren’t defending yourself to begin with. I’ll be leaving a note about improper escilation.

The note:
Warning Rule 10 - Killed another marine, claiming it was in retaliation for said marines killing someone. Logs showed that said marine shot NOONE for 10+ minutes. by smellyhippie (Moderator) on 2023-11-28 05:45:36 (ID: 19708)

Hey there! Please feel free contact me on Discord if there is anything missing or wrong!

SmellyHippie
Bobbyroylee
Amelia Zeal
Marine, non-relevant.

Admin PMs between SmellyHippie and Bobbyroylee.

ADMIN: PM: SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy)->Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee): why’d you kill Amelia Zeal ?

ADMIN: PM: Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee)->SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy): He killed another marine then was aiming his gun at me, two-handed

ADMIN: PM: Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee)->SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy): As in, he killed that guy. Then aimed at me, two-handed his gun and I lit him up

ADMIN: PM: Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee)->SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy): I went back and got him and delivered him to medics

ADMIN: PM: SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy)->Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee): Do you know who Zeal shot at?

ADMIN: PM: Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee)->SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy): Chris ‘Demon’ Slaughter

ADMIN: PM: SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy)->Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee): Are you sure? nobody ever shot him except for an hour ago

ADMIN: PM: SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy)->Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee): I’m not seeing anything that would suggest zeal shot anyone, or threatened to.

ADMIN: PM: Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee)->SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy): In the past, sometimes I’ve reported something and the mod didn’t see the message in chat but it ended up being proven that it happened? I dont know

ADMIN: PM: SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy)->Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee): I have the attack logs, and regular logs opened. They only mistakenly shot a guy twice without killing them, then you lit them up.

ADMIN: PM: Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee)->SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy): The guy was near crit and he shot him, then he died or was in ACTUAL crit

ADMIN: PM: Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee)->SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy): It looked more like he went over to the guy, shot him, then just walked away. I went after him, he turns around and two-hands his weapon at me

ADMIN: PM: SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy)->Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee): zeal shot a guy 8 whole minutes before you killed them. They didn’t kill anyone

ADMIN: PM: Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee)->SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy): Then that wasn’t the guy cuz i killed him like 15 seconds after or less

ADMIN: PM: SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy)->Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee): yes… you killed someone who didn’t kill anyone. Anyway, you weren’t defending yourself to begin with. I’ll be leaving a note about improper escilation.

ADMIN: PM: Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee)->SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy): I mean you can believe what you want. I saw what I saw. I dont need to lie about anything.

ADMIN: PM: Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee)->SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy): You can claim with your logs that something happened but logs dont always show everything

Admin notes: Warning Rule 10 - Killed another marine, claiming it was in retaliation for said marines killing someone. Logs showed that said marine shot NOONE for 10+ minutes.

Admin PMs between SmellyHippie and Amelia Zeal.

ADMIN: PM: SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy)->/(Amelia Zeal): did you at any point shoot another marine?
ADMIN: PM: /(Amelia Zeal)->SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy): Yes, by accident, I think I hit the Marines twice, but only with one bullet.
ADMIN: PM: SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy)->/(Amelia Zeal): did you threaten to kill someone else?
ADMIN: PM: /(Amelia Zeal)->SmellyHippie/(Testing Guy): no

Logs related to Bobbyroylee killing Amelia Zeal.

ATTACK: The high-velocity submachinegun bullet, fired by Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee), narrowly missed /(Amelia Zeal) x8
ATTACK: Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee) shot /(Amelia Zeal) with a high-velocity submachinegun bullet in Kutjevo - South Colony Caves
ATTACK: The high-velocity submachinegun bullet, fired by Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee), narrowly missed /(Amelia Zeal)
ATTACK: Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee) shot /(Tyson Xiller) with a high-velocity submachinegun bullet in Kutjevo - South Colony Caves
ATTACK: Bobbyroylee/(Roy Lee) shot /(Amelia Zeal) with a high-velocity submachinegun bullet in Kutjevo - South Colony Caves x6
ATTACK: Amelia Zeal has died to M39 submachinegun at Kutjevo - South Colony Caves

I couldn’t find any logs that shows Amelia Zeal shooting or killing a Marine.

Added report:needverdict and removed report:pendinglogs

Heya! This report sitting for a long while is 100% my fault so sorry for that.

I’ve looked over the logs and after getting confused about what might have caused the entire situation I did some more searching and I think I know what might have caused the confusion.

About 10 seconds before you shot at Amelia the marine you are talking about, Chris ‘Demon’ Slaughter, shot themselves on accident:
Nov 28, 2023 @ 05:30:31.455 ATTACK: CKEY/(Chris ‘Demon’ Slaughter) shot CKEY/(Chris ‘Demon’ Slaughter) with a rifle bullet in Kutjevo - South Colony Caves

What I think happened is that Amelia had their gun out when Chris shot, and that made it seem like Amelia was the one to shoot Chris. While that wasn’t the case at all.

Anyways while I can understand the misinterpretation and confusion you did end up shooting someone up who didnt do anything at all. The situation could probably have been resolved better if you talked with the people in character or if you ahelped the situation.
I know that the reflex for seeing griefing happen will always be to take action yourself but this situation does show that trying to solve it without getting staff involved can just make the situation worse.

I really dont see any misconduct in how SmellyHippie conducted themselves. And I do think that the note is fine since you did actually shoot someone totally innocent. So I’ll be denying this staff report with no action taken on my part.

1 Like

Added report:denied and removed report:needverdict