Bruno-Asbahr - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - Bruno-Asbahr

What is your BYOND key?

Bruno-Asbahr

What is your Discord ID?

brunoasbahr

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Montagne “Azule” Marshall

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

Pred (10/2022) Denied

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Gerald

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Gerald is a friendly, good-natured and kind synthetic, he will always be very humble with the Marines. He also has an affection for the mysteries of the universe and whenever possible and with due time available, he will talk about it.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

he will always treat the Marines with equality and humility, of course with higher ranks like CO he will be direct and short so that it is easier to understand the situation, now in a more relaxed situation he will act normally paying respect to the officer, as Gerald is passionate about Astrology he will try to pass on his vision of the universe and about some concepts that even today leave us in doubt.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I feel very limited just fulfilling a single function and I could perform others when one is already being supplied enough, like, Doctors taking care of surgeries and then waiting while I could be helping in the construction of the FOB with more barricades, fixing APC’s, And I would like to take advantage of the PR opportunities that a synthetic experiences.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

I don’t remember exactly if it was Molly or Katie, that when I was playing IO I was ambushed by lurkers and runners so the synthetic appeared and supported me, taking me to a safe place, and asking if I was ok while he was very damaged and so he dropped a phrase “You can always trust me”.

Synthetic Character Story:

Skills:

Engineering:

I am very familiar with engineering, maintaining FOB as FTL Bravo or ComTech, building barricades, scrapping materials for new fortifications, thinking about strategies and better lines of fire for our fortifications and whenever possible fortifying strategic positions such as: Central Nexus, Filtration or medbay at Solaris

Command:

I have to be very honest with the Command, I don’t like to work in this area but if necessary I will, I know how to use the Overwhat consoles and as an FTL sometimes I need to lead the troops and follow the guidelines given by the Command

Medical:

Medical is my Primary Function, I love taking care of others and I feel good about doing that. Taking care of the Chemistry line and meeting the needs of the Corpsmen, performing surgeries in the field, creating custom Chem mixes (sometimes I get stuck on that, and not on the standards we already know like MB, KD, TB, IA)

Requisitions:

After Medical and Engineering I have the most hours, I know the terminology that the Marines use, I know how to keep the supplies that are needed for an FOB, I pack the box more efficiently so I can fit more item in a drop Sometimes I get stuck with some terminology that the Marines create for certain items

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

In a small group of Marines surrounded by enemies, defending the FOB, of course I am more efficient in support and I will only enter combat if I need to hold the position until reinforcements arrive to prevent the breach in the FOB

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

Nop

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

No

Let us know why you were discord banned.

N/A

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

Thank you for reading and spending some of your time with me and my application.

I have encountered your character on multiple occasions though mostly through the lens of healing you. But this does show you are an active player since I tend to play a lot on lowpop.

Its self evident that English is your second language, unfortunately I’ve noticed a large amount of grammatical errors in your story and application. Having a good command of English is essential to being a Synthetic, and if you are struggling with your grammar with a written application with an unlimited time-frame for preparation, I am concerned about how you will speak in game during a high stress scenario. No matter what the outcome of this app is I believe this will be a area you need to focus more on.

I am also concerned that your answer to synth combat is lacking in detail. Synthetics and combat can be a confronting concept for many people and a possible cause for concern due to how quick the line crosses between acceptable and unacceptable actions. This likely leads back to your grammatical skills making it difficult for you to get across your thoughts though.

I’d have to give a -1 at this time.

Hey there! I know you recently posted in Whitelist App Help in discord, and I still want to say that you shouldn’t be discouraged to try for synth after some time spent on the server some more.

I will say that being fluent in English (and being able to type fluently) is honestly a requirement for Synthetic, both in game and in your application. As of right now, I can say that your application has a ton of errors that already would not make me comfortable in supporting your application.

That said, please do not be discouraged to improve and continue your work as support roles, and take this application process positively, as by the end of it, you either end up with the Whitelist, or you receive some incredible and valuable feedback by some really talented Synth Council to help you rock the application in the future. Please remember to use the Whitelist App Section in discord (such as asking Council members for Story feedback and Application Tips!!) before posting any future apps for any whitelist!!!

Unfortunately I’m still not fluent in English, language is my biggest obstacle for now, it’s frustrating because I asked a member of the synthetics council for an opinion but it happens. Thanks for the feedback Steelpoint :wink:

Alright, I really understand that it doesn’t make a good impression, I’ll keep improving my speaking and writing so that I can apply on the WL again. Thanks for the feedback, this will really help me

Hi Bruno-Asbahr. Thank you for your interest in the Synthetic Whitelist.

Your application has been withdrawn and you may reapply in 24 days, starting on July 15, 2023.

Please take this time to use the feedback you have received both in this thread, and in DMs. The council would also like to remind you to be patient and to not rush the application process. Feedback is imperative to refining and preparing your application. :slight_smile:

Best of luck to you! We look forward to your future application.