Bubblegum

Not sure if other servers have gum or not, but I think there’s potential – both thematically and mechanically. I can’t sleep so here’s more about gum than I ever thought I’d write:

Acquisition

Maybe it shows up in certain MREs or in trading card packs? I imagine something like a cigarette, but in reverse. This is really shitty stale gum, so you’ve gotta chew it a bit before you can really do anything with it. (Makes it harder to abuse too). And of course, doing most things with it consumes the gum.

Potential uses:

Exceptionally shoddy repair

Say you’re running the ARC or Colony Van and find yourself stranded without welding fuel. Maybe a well-placed wad of gum could return just a shred of HP to an otherwise nonfunctional part/system.

The bored marine’s wrench

Lost your wrench and have a vendor that people keep carting around the base? Your Big League Chew can fix it in place.

Blowing bubbles

I’m thinking the CPR cadence where you have to time it. Maybe multiple times even to fully blow it out for bragging rights? But of course, other Marines need to be able to burst your bubble by clicking your mouth with help intent.

Consequences

If you mistime your bubble or if someone pops it, congrats, you’ve got gum all over your face. Enjoy your temporarily obscured vision while you clean off your face. (Bonus points if this uses the muffled facehugging sounds – if we wanted to get comedic, maybe we go all the way and have it blow off your headgear like a hugger, too.)

PFC caltrops

Did you step on a wad of chewed up gum? Could see two potential implementations of this:

1. You just made pink slowing resin. Yuck.

2. It’s stuck to the bottom of your shoe/boot, slowing you. Maybe digging it out with a knife or washing it off to fix it? Or just make it temporary.

Middle school simulator

Chewing it won’t go unnoticed (chat messages probably – sound would be hilarious but might get old quick). And when you’re done, the world is your canvas. Stick it to the chair, to the window, to the wall, to the MP’s sunglasses. Stick it to the man and give the MTs something to do.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

Reminds me of that story of tootsie rolls being used to plug holes in tanks during the korean war.

2 Likes

This sounds really fun, I love it!

2 Likes

This is an incredibly daring reference to the Frenchcore Remix of Bubblegum Bitch

2 Likes

heck yeah this sounds great

1 Like

Great idea.