burnedcrusaderzov - Discord Ban Appeal

Discord Ban Appeal - burnedcrusaderzov

What is your Discord ID?

What is your BYOND key?

Julius Augustus

Total Ban Duration

Assuming it’s permanent, not stated.

Reason for Ban

“Russian invasion supporter. Discord ToS Violation: 5. Do not organize, promote, or support violent extremism.”

Appeal

I have been minding my own business, checking the discord every once in a while, when I get a sudden PM from ARES stating I am apparently banned from the discord server. Viewing the reason made me raise an eyebrow, because I have specifically not ever talked about the current events in Ukraine or even mildly hinted towards support of something, knowing full well how that could escalate quickly and thats this discord server is not the best place for political discourse.
I assume the ban was made because of my username and\or the discord emoji in my status, last one being a letter Z on blue background. Considering this was mild enough, I did not believe this couldve been a reason for the ban, so I waited for an hour, perhaps it been a mistake. By now I am fully convinced it was a targetted ban against me, which was done in an unreasonable way. The Z could be about anything, same with zov at the end of my nickname, perhaps I am a fan of Stalker? All this could’ve been cleared up in DMs with few simple questions, perhaps a suggestion to change some stuff if someone felt actually hurt by this, I am willing to reach compromises in that regard. But thus far it has all been done silently, like I actively broke some rule in a horrible way and I needed not to be even said anything about it. Besides that, I have seen plenty of normal users and staff alike have pro-ukraine stasuses and about me’s, so I have thought nothing of it when I was on the server myself.
Finishing this up, I will add for the record the about me section, which contains a joke about “This user is an religious extremist! Learn more here (discord guidelines link)”. If that has anything to do with the ban, I can easily change it too, everything can be changed in a discord profile. As I have no previous record of bad discord behavior and see no valid reason here now - I believe this ban to be utterly unreasonable.

3 Likes

Absolutely not.

Resolved - Denied

2 Likes

Added appeal:denied and removed appeal:waiting