Round ID:

Your character name:

Chris’Skullface’Mann

Their BYOND key:

nessiependragon

What are you reporting?:

Enforcement Action Taken

Description of the incident:

I had made a provost fax because the CMP was not following procedure and they had been using flashbangs during green alert and not a riot as it was a singular marine, the rules very clearly state that it needs to be a riot or code blue for flashbangs to be used. they claimed the CMP did nothing wrong and bragged about their hours and knowledge as an MP and about knowing ML and SOP. and basically told me to move on.

Evidence:

Code Blue - All crew are authorized pistols. Military Police may carry any lethal weapons to subdue non-human threats. Military Police may use non-lethal riot gear to subdue Marines during a Mutiny or large gatherings of insubordinate personnel. Flashbangs are considered a Riot tool.

7 Likes

Aight I am going to summarize in full what occurred.

Alpha SL said something along the lines of “I hate all ASOs.” or “All ASOs suck” which is a blanket statement. The ASO just woke up, and wasn’t aware of the req situation, so I was just gonna have the Alpha SL’s NJP be to apologize. But then, before I could get a word out, said “you can’t arrest me, it was a general statement. Go away.” Again, paraphrasing. Giving me orders and disrespecting me after you already disrespected the ASO is dumb. So I told him to hop the rail and go quietly for DASO. He didn’t so I moved to cuff.

Then he attempted to run, but the req line was full on both sides, so him pushing a guy south did nothing, and the guy below him just walked north for a bit. This happened until the Alpha SL drew his Rifle - for some reason - and enabled the shotgun. He also two-handed it. I was told he misfired from a disarm, but it LOOKED like all of that was purposeful. Why would you draw your gun and two-hand it otherwise? Anyway, after shot at me and missed, I retreated to reposition for a flashbang as both I was being disarm hit, as was the SL.

He refused to go quietly, drew his gun, and shot at me. Both I and him were disarm hit by different people, and it could have spiraled further. I needed a clear path to leave. This is obviously a large gathering of insubordinate marines that could spiral.

I told you to shut up. To stop spreading disinformation, which could incite escalation to the situation I just de-escalated perfectly. I removed the escalator, and just needed it to die down. You kicked the hornets nest after I explicitly told you not to, endangering me, and the CIC by inciting action. This is cringe. You - as an MP - are OOCly bound to be loyal to the CO. You are not bound to incite riots by spreading misinformation. Don’t do that again.

3 Likes

Hi Chrismmar and all,

All cited clauses of exception about military police and their ability to use non-lethal riot gear are under code blue. On code green, military police should not even have riot gear on their persons.

Even in the case of it being code blue, this is not an in-character situation. A staff member may choose to solve the issue ICly by utilizing “Rule 0.1: Intent,” but it must still be handled as a potential rulebreak. This staff report is approved, I have already talked to Nessie and will be applying a note on the MP in question for breaching “Rule 11: Marine Law.”

3 Likes

Added report:approved and removed report:pendinglogs

Amending this verdict based on host deliberation. The vice-host (Forest2001) has ruled that, “while flashbangs should not be used freely on green, they can be carried and used in cases pertinent to the continued safety of oneself or others.” Standard Operation Procedures will likely be changed in the near future to reflect this interpretation of flashbangs.

I will be removing the note against LoveShacker, due to their character’s behavior being enough in-accordance with current server culture to negotiate SOP change; if their behavior is so widely accepted that this breach of SOP is prompting SOP change, it seems unreasonable to let it hold wait in their notes.

4 Likes

Added report:approved

Added report:denied and removed report:approved