Chrismmar - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - Chrismmar

What is your BYOND key?

Chrismmar

What is your Discord ID?

thot_slayer_

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Chris"Skullface"Mann

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

2 most recent mentor applications

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Christopher

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

and old church bot that was rescued from a colony during one of the many patrols from the USS Almayer, decided to stick with them after the operation to continue “doing the lords work”

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Christopher may be a bit out of date and a bit of a bible thumper, but he wont ever leave a man behind and will treat you all like the children of god that you are.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

been in the server for a long time now and I feel like its about time I start applying for mentors, didn’t make it with mentor due to unrelated reasons so I’m trying my luck with synth.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

first time I ever got saved by one, don’t remember their name but I was wandering caves alone with a flamer, I accidentally set myself on fire while fighting a runner, it gets low and runs off, I burn to death, 30 seconds later, the synth arrives, revives me while fighting off the runner, then walks me back to fob.

Synthetic Character Story:

Christopher was an old 2nd generation that was reprogrammed after a CLF takeover failed, and he was left stuck on the colony, the colony lost their priest, so they had a bright idea, wipe the slate clean, and make the old CLF synth into a proper servant of god, Christopher fit in well with the peaceful colony, doing all his tasks as any other member of the colony, until that fateful day happened, when a WY lab that was in the colony had a containment breach, it let out multiple instances of XX-121 into the colony, he took action, doing its best treating the wounded and rescuing as many people as possible, eventually a runner jumped onto his patient. Christopher had been programmed to not hurt a soul ever, but he couldn’t just sit by as his patient was slaughtered, so without a second thought, he picked up a fire axe from the nearby table and hacked at the “detestable creature” (as he put it) until it stopped moving, another came, but once it saw how its fellow sister ended up, it decided to keep its distance and look for easier prey, or backup, it didn’t matter to Christopher, he wasn’t going to go chasing after it anyway, his only priority was keeping his people safe and alive. however, eventually they got overrun. and Christopher fell when a ravager broke through the shoddy barricades the last remaining survivors built and mangled Christopher tearing limb from limb until he shut down, he awoke a few hours later to the sight of a couple engineers welding up the dents on his body while a doctor was reattaching his left arm and right leg. “Greetings” he said in a calm tone, “who may you fine gentlemen be? and where exactly have I been taken? this certainly doesn’t look like the colony of [REDACTED]”. “oh shit its awake”, exclaimed one of the engineers. “yeah welcome aboard the USS Almayer” said the other engineer, “where the dumbest of the USCM get sent to respond to distress beacons”. “that’s just delta” quipped back the doctor. “some of us actually have a brain, and a PHD”, “oh BS doc we all know you committed medical malpractice multiple times”. as the 3 continued arguing, Christopher began finishing up his repairs alone, it then walked out and wandered the halls until he encountered an MP “HALT, ya civi scum, hand over your weapons or feel the wrath of the MP department”. Christopher looked at the MP confused, and blandly stated. “I am a synthetic, I do not carry firearms, do you know where I could find whoever is in charge on here?” the MP grumbled something then led it to the CIC. Once in CIC, it got its ID processed and was sent back planeside to continue helping the marines. Christopher spent the rest of the operation doing surgeries near corpsmen and fighting off any harassers that came near their patient. even removing parasites by bringing the infected marine to the planets medical bay. sure it may not be the safest option, but sometimes they had to take the risk in order to make sure the marine didn’t burst shipside. the last thing Christopher wanted was for these foul creatures that slaughtered his whole colony to spread to other planets. and slaughter more of gods children. so Christopher toiled away during the operation, no complaints, no hesitations, no remorse for the foul xenos.

Skills:

Engineering:

verry familiar. know how to build and deconstruct anything, even how to get the most out of salvaging things for metal

Command:

I know how to over watch, edit id’s, my limits as an officer, ML, and most important, how to follow the damn chain of command

Medical:

know how to do all surgeries and quickly, often am doing surgery on multiple limbs at a time as its faster to do it that way (as in opening all the wounds, then retracting em all. ETC)

Requisitions:

I know how to do everything there except black market, never dabbled in it.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

Absolutely no firearms unless am a combat synth, (ERT)
I’m allowed to fight a xeno if any of the following are true

1. self defense, until it retreats.
  2. If a marine is getting attacked by a xenomorph I am allowed to help him chase it off, but not go after it once it retreats.
    this doesn’t mean I can be frontlining as a synth.
    self perservation is priority #1,
    if its a human USCM, disable them non lethally."
    if its a human NON USCM, i am allowed to kill them IF NECESARY.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

no

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

no

Let us know why you were discord banned.

I am not

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

I know seeing my 2 failed mentor applications may turn some of you away, but if you want you can reach out to me and I can explain my side of the story. then you can make a decision based on that.

1 Like

I appreciate you mentioning the mentor apps… because that wasnt a great situation. But i wont speak to that.

My issues are with your story and formatting.

Your punctuation on your app is all over the place. Your story is bland and very difficult to read. The opening sentence goes 110 words before your first period. Your synth says 2 lines of dialog.

The point of the story is to serve the place of a roleplay test by showing us how you are planning to speak, emote, and act. It does none of those.

Recommend you withdraw. Look at other apps. Rewrite story.

fair enough. i was allways terrible at writing stories

Applicant has signalled to withdraw and can reapply in 30 days.

Best of luck next time :slight_smile:

Added synth:denied and removed synth:waiting