CLF surv OOC Rules

The CLF surv can no longer act hostile when he is revived by marines sounds weird. Considering the fact that the marine most likely killed dozens of marines. So how come he now has to follow escalation rules.

Also regarding ID’s, they can’t steal ID because of OOC rules… What? I don’t think that kinda fair that you just killed the CO (Most terrifying armed person on the ship) and you can’t take their ID to give yourself full shipside access. I’ll have to mention that C4ing the synthetic still doesn’t warrant the ability to take their ID.

My main issue is how a CLF, who is considered a hostile faction throughout the game can no longer attack marines and has to follow escalation when he is revived by a USCM medic. This kinda defeats the purpose of CLF being terrorists and hostile to USCM. Edit: I meant the fact that when you get revived not that when you surrender.

Personally I think the CLF’s ID should be renamed to Freedom Fighter instead of just Survivor so marines don’t have skill issue identifying who they are. As well as their text when examining to be red on the ID part. This should make it more easier to understand that they are hostile.

Also remove the ability for marines to remove CLF uniform however leave it for the MP’s this way there won’t be instances where a CLF is walking around naked because marines stripped him and revived him then just let him run away.

You are not held by Lethal Force rules so long as all of the following conditions are met:

• You have not surrendered.
  • You have not willingly accepted medical aid from the USCM.
  • You have not changed into a uniform which obscures your allegiance.
  • You have remained “consistently hostile” to USCM forces.

Short version of below : You have to actively identify yourself as hostile and part of CLF you can’t lie to the marines as a way to get out of cuffs and sneaking onto the dropship still doesn’t give identify you as consistently hostile. A way to slowly gain the consistent hostility is screaming stuff like EG. “SCERW THE UA” or "I will find and kill you " (on the comms) Quite litterally just saying you’ll kill marines and then going ahead to do it.

“Consistently hostile” is defined as a state in which you are actively engaging or are being engaged militarily by USCM forces as a known target. Engaging in subterfuge (such as sneaking into the FOB, Alamo, Almayer, etc.) does not sufficiently meet the standards to be considered “consistently hostile,” as your intentions could be misconstrued by USCM forces. “Consistently hostile” should be considered from the perspective of server culture, rather than relying solely on common sense, and it is subject to interpretation by staff. If you have questions regarding which actions are acceptable to continue bypassing lethal force rules, please ask a staff member.

No I didn’t get noted for it, however it is quite dissapointing.

6 Likes

ah you got noted for this right?

1 Like

From my experience, and understanding, if a CLF member is gunned down by Marine forces, and then they are subsequently revived by the Marines, that CLF member can retain their hostile faction status only if they immediately attempt to take up arms and attack the Marines as soon as they regain conscious.

Ergo, if you picked up a gun as soon as you woke up and shot down a marine, you would not be in breach of the current ruleset. The issue becomes if you cease hostilities for any amount of time, in which case you are no longer allowed to retain your hostility status.

Personally I think the CLF’s ID should be renamed to Freedom Fighter instead of just Survivor so marines don’t have skill issue identifying who they are. As well as their text when examining to be red on the ID part. This should make it more easier to understand that they are hostile.

I also think retaining the current ID is fine since a CLF operative is not going to literally wear a badge saying “KNOWN TERRORIST”. The system also allows a CLF player to try and discard their CLF status (thus losing their hostile status) so they are at less risk of being detained or executed by USCM forces for being a “terrorist”, which is impossible if you make their ID card state they are a CLF member.

Also regarding ID’s, they can’t steal ID because of OOC rules… What? I don’t think that kinda fair that you just killed the CO (Most terrifying armed person on the ship) and you can’t take their ID to give yourself full shipside access. I’ll have to mention that C4ing the synthetic still doesn’t warrant the ability to take their ID.

The issue is ID cards are extremely integral to how the game functions, without an ID card your ability to engage with the game is harshly curtailed, and sourcing a replacement ID card can be difficult, or at the very least time consuming.

Based on my understanding of precedent and our rules, CLF operatives are given the most leeway to steal ID cards from USCM personnel as they have a genuine reason to do so, however even in this case the CLF should still leave any stolen ID card as close to the body of whoever they stole it from as possible, or otherwise discard the ID once they have used it so it can be recovered.

Also remove the ability for marines to remove CLF uniform however leave it for the MP’s this way there won’t be instances where a CLF is walking around naked because marines stripped him and revived him then just let him run away.

If you have been captured by the USCM and are detained by the MPs, you’ve lost your right to be hostile since you are no longer consistently hostile and are out of uniform.

If you wish to regain your hostility your best course of action would be to send an admin help requesting permission from a staff member to return to being hostile. However, I should stress that from experience it is almost beyond impossible for a brigged CLF to escape confinement outside of sheer incompetence from the MPs.

If you are in a situation where you were killed by a Marine, they then stripped you naked but then revived you without cuffing you, I’d say the situation is grey enough that if you did immediately take up arms to shoot the Marines that you’d have good grounds to explain yourself if interrogated by an admin, especially since I would rank this as sheer incompetence if a Marine killed a CLF operative, stripped them, then dumped them on a Corpsman without informing them they are a enemy combatant (if this very niche situation does occur you can help your case by reequipping your clothes and armour as soon as possible).

2 Likes

So if you get revived in FOB and you want to get away without shooting your no longer hostile? Cause its kind of common sense you’d want to save yourself first then kill marines

1 Like

The rules explain it very clearly, you have to be consistently hostile at all times to retain your immunity to the lethal force rules.

Ultimantly this is something that is up to the interpretation of staff. Its also not a very common thing to occur and I don’t want to drown this discussion out in a endless debate over niche or rare scenarios that may occur and when the line is drawn.

1 Like

then you cannot be a sleeper or Saboteur as a CLF player… because you have to be Aggro all the time? that feels like it punishes CLF survs the sneak on to the ship and do things do hinder the marines which is the whole reason for being CLF in the first place.

might as well just Remove CLF as an option. if it is just a role that lets you ONLY OPENLY COMBAT the marine team then just get rid of them or just make them a HvH only thing.

yes

yes this is intentional

you can surrender instead and spend your time in a brig before you get executed

1 Like

then i guess the CLF will just never be fun then… ooh well, then\

Ultimantly being a CLF operative is a personal choice, outside of the 1% chance on 624 for everyone to spawn as one, you have to willing chose to become a CLF operative. If you don’t want to deal with the consequences of that you just simply don’t select to play as a hostile survivor.

2 Likes

CLF surv is implemented in the most gamey and unsatisfiable way possible. Really needs to be removed and re-implemented when someone with a plan figures out a way. If not you get terrible rules like the one in effect rn, and if you don’t have those rules then goobers who want to legally grief will do anything possible to ruin everyone’s round so they can make an epic frag clip.

5 Likes

Don’t see what’s wrong with making vids, you either die to CLF or you die to xeno… Just spikes up the round that marines aren’t there to fight xeno’s but also CLF.

if you go random Surv there is a chance you get a CLF pick as a loner

Well, if you roll for random surv you are kinda asking to be assigned a random role.

6 Likes