Combat Reporter Feedback

Camera was a great change, but why limit it just to the civilian? Picking military vs civilian is a lil extra fluff, kinda of sucks it limits you depending on the fluff role you pick.

Spawn a pre-built TV so at least the CC has one for lowpop when theirs’s no one awake to build one

Allow TVs to be muted just to give people the choice if they want to hear it or not

Allow the CC to draw multiple jackets like the CO vendor as it’s a more RP focused role, and press jackets can’t really be used to meta game.

:
Ideas for the future

Make the CC a two slot role to allow a person to be an anchor man, and one the brodcaster as most reports are a tag team and it allows a backup in case on CC gets killed. Already did it by recruiting a private as the anchor man, marines enjoyed it a lot.

Allow the camera to be setup to allow a a longer range view like the binos

Overall the CC is a great changer that many players have been enjoying as it’s a cool addition to CM. For me personally I haven’t had this much fun in a long time just playing on a role and messing around with it. Great change to whoever added it.

6 Likes

Give CC the ability to spawn press and pressure CIC for being noobs and leading to many people dying.

3 Likes

More stuff for military CC is in the oven. Including the broadcast camera.

There are three pre-built TVs on the Almayer. One of them is in the mess, the place that is supposed to be crowded but honestly it’s not very well placed. I agree though, it sucks when there is no MTs, but also I wanted to add something for MTs to do and building TVs for various departments is quite fun.

You can turn off above head chat. I wanted to add an option to just tune down the volume on the TV but ehhh. The feature is already a bit confusing, the main purpose of above head chat over the TV is to draw people’s attention to the TV.

When you sprite it I guess.

You literally can print newspapers just no one ever read them.

1 Like

Wrenching down the camera would be nice.

Zoom would be nice- where the camera captures what’s in front of it rather than 360- perhaps tying that to wrenched down state.

1 Like

I did a really nice RP of broadcasting the release of an ex-CLF from prison- was cool, the Provost Warden & CLF all seemed to enjoy it. Several people watched it from the medbay lobby. The only nitpick was that, the only MT was nowhere to be found. I had to enlist the SEA to move the TV from kitchen to Medbay lobby. Above-head chat on the TV was likely the only reason they knew to watch it. Perhaps having a more lenient distance for closing of the actual watching-TV monitor would be good too- this way if I have the TV installed in medbay lobby for instance, people working chem could keep the monitor open while working it, or people could stand by the crew monitor and watch it from a distance. For now there’s a theoretical limit to how many people could watch a TV at once, 8, and the distance from it also dictates watching to an extent.

I understand having TV boards and having the MT install them. That being said, a failsafe would be nice in the form of a single Portable TV the reporter can place somewhere- just so there’s a failsafe in case of no MTs/SEAs/CEs.

3 Likes

Nah you misunderstand my guy. I simply mean remove the limit from taking the different jackets or clothes options.

3 Likes

You can watch the TV from up to 7 tiles, given the TV is in your view. You can also remotely open the broadcast by shift-clicking (examining) the TV, to start watching from a distance.

1 Like