Cooliecan - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - Cooliecan

What is your BYOND key?

Cooliecan

What is your Discord ID?

Cooliecan

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Redrock Xen

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

None

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Boone

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Boon’s personality can be described as diligent, loyal, and analytical. They are programmed to be methodical in their tasks, ensuring efficiency and accuracy in their operations. They possess a calm and composed demeanor, which helps them remain focused even in high-pressure situations. Boon is respectful towards human authority figures and values teamwork and collaboration.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Boone understands the hierarchical structure of the Almayer and respects the chain of command. They will exhibit deference and defer to the orders and instructions given by higher-ranking officers. In a one-on-one conversation with individuals of higher ranks, Boone will display professionalism, listening carefully to their concerns and providing logical and rational feedback or assistance when required. They prioritize the mission objectives and the safety of the crew.

Boone’s programming includes an interest in learning and problem-solving. They enjoy gathering knowledge and staying updated on the latest technologies and strategies relevant to their role. Boone may engage in discussions about advancements in synthetic technology, security protocols, and efficient resource allocation. They also have an appreciation for teamwork and might inquire about successful strategies employed by the marines in various missions.

“Boone Synthetic: Your Unyielding Guardian in the Depths of Space. With unparalleled precision and unwavering loyalty, Boone stands by your side, ensuring the success and safety of every mission. Trust in their advanced intelligence and relentless dedication to protect the Colonial Marine Corps. Together, we secure humanity’s future.”

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

Unique Role-Playing Experience: Playing as a synthetic offers a distinctive perspective and role within the game world. It can provide a fresh and immersive gameplay experience that differs from playing as a human or other character types.

Some players are intrigued by the concept of artificial intelligence and enjoy exploring the challenges and complexities associated with portraying a synthetic character. They may have an interest in the ethical and philosophical questions surrounding AI. I could offer both practical knowledge of playing this game for 7+ years and roleplay for interesting conversation.

I would also like the chance to help newer players and keep marines fighting with surgery to fix them and helping create an efficient pleasant experience for the marines.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

There was a Reprogrammed Synthetic who was a UPP sleeper spy who became conscious a bit like a human and feared for their life. I knew all the hiding spots on the Almayer so I found them and hung out with them and tried to reason with them instead of just gunning them down.

Synthetic Character Story:

Boones Story: “Operation Guardian’s Resolve”

Location: Onboard the USCM Almayer, during a mission to investigate a derelict space station.

[The mission briefing room is abuzz with activity as marines prepare for the upcoming operation. Synthetic Boone stands by, ready to receive orders and assist.]

Boone: “Good morning, marines. I am Boone, your synthetic liaison for this mission. How can I assist you today?”

Sergeant: “Boone, we’re about to head to the derelict space station. We need you to analyze the station’s security systems and provide us with any potential threats or entry points.”

Boone: “Understood, Sergeant. I’ll initiate a comprehensive scan of the station’s security protocols and relay the information to you shortly. Is there anything else you require?”

Private: “Hey, Boone, have you ever been on a mission like this before? What’s it like being a synthetic in these situations?”

Boone: “Thank you for your inquiry, Private. While I lack personal experiences, my primary objective is to provide support and ensure the success of the mission. In these situations, I focus on gathering and analyzing data, maintaining situational awareness, and offering assistance to the marines whenever necessary. My purpose is to augment your capabilities and help keep the team safe.”

Corporal: “Boone, if we encounter any hostile lifeforms, what’s your plan of action? Can you defend yourself?”

Boone: “In the event of encountering hostile entities, my programming prioritizes your safety and the success of the mission. I am equipped with defensive measures to protect myself and assist in neutralizing threats, but my primary function is to support the marines and coordinate with the team. Your safety remains my top priority.”

[The marines prepare to disembark as Boone continues monitoring systems and analyzing data.]

Boone: “Remember, marines, maintain communication and follow proper protocols. Feel free to rely on my assistance throughout the mission. Good luck, and let us ensure Guardian’s Resolve.”

As the marines cautiously explore the derelict space station, their progress is suddenly interrupted by an unexpected encounter with hostile xenomorphs. Synthetic Boone immediately assesses the situation and springs into action, coordinating with the marines to maximize their chances of survival.

Boone: “Attention, marines. We have encountered hostile xenomorphs. Stay alert and prioritize defense while maintaining formation. I will provide tactical analysis and assist in coordinating our response.”

Private: “What’s the plan, Boone? How do we handle these things?”

Boone: “Based on the xenomorph’s behavior and anatomy, I recommend focusing on maintaining a defensive perimeter while minimizing direct engagement. Create chokepoints and use your firepower to control their movements. I will provide real-time information on their positions and weaknesses.”

Sergeant: “Boone, we need an evacuation plan. Are there any viable escape routes?”

Boone: “Affirmative, Sergeant. I have analyzed the station’s layout and identified potential escape routes. I will constantly monitor the xenomorph movements and update you on the safest path to retreat. Stay together and maintain discipline.”

Corporal: “Boone, what about our wounded? How can we ensure their safety?”

Boone: “Prioritize the wounded marines’ protection. We will establish a secure area for medical treatment and provide cover while our medics work. I will maintain surveillance and notify you of any approaching threats.”

[The marines engage in intense combat with the xenomorphs, utilizing Boone’s tactical guidance and support. Despite the challenging situation, they manage to hold their ground.]

Private: “Boone, we’re running low on ammo. Any suggestions?”

Boone: “Resupply is critical. I have identified an ammunition cache not far from your location. I will guide you through the safest route to retrieve additional ammunition. Maintain caution and be swift.”

[Suddenly, a xenomorph breaches the defensive line, creating a moment of panic.]

Boone: “Hold the line! Focus your fire on the intruder. I will assist in repelling the threat. Stay disciplined and remember your training.”

[The marines manage to eliminate the intruding xenomorph, regaining their composure.]

Sergeant: “Boone, great work. We couldn’t have done it without your support. Keep us informed about any changes in the situation.”

Boone: “Thank you, Sergeant. I will continue monitoring the xenomorph activity and provide constant updates. We must remain vigilant and adapt our strategy if necessary. Together, we will overcome this threat.”

Skills:

Engineering:

Very I’m familiar with constructions, destruction and maintenance of everything.

Command:

I understand the full range of supplementary command feature, from loading a OB, issuing orders, overwatch and coordinating.

Medical:

Mastery of research, surgery, medicine and chemistry

Requisitions:

Can man and operate req efficiently while coordinating with marines to get them what they need and speed through the early attachments rush.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

Only in defense of myself or other wounded retreating marines, disengaging when the hostiles retreat and only giving chase if they have boarded the Almayer and threaten critical infrastructure or Harmed Ares.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

Nope

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

Nope

Let us know why you were discord banned.

I was not

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

It’s been almost a couple of weeks without a response, so I decided to add some poetry to my application about Boone and my journey to get the whitelist.

In circuits forged, a being came to be,
A synthetic soul with purpose, Boone is he.
With lines of code and digital might,
He traverses the cosmos, seeking his light.

In the void’s embrace, his circuits shine,
A sentinel of order, both wise and kind.
His personality crafted with utmost care,
Boone’s essence, a blend of strength and flair.

A mind astute, sharp as a laser beam,
Analyzing data, unraveling the unseen.
In the labyrinth of systems, he finds his thrill,
Unraveling mysteries with unyielding skill.

Among the ranks of the Almayer’s crew,
Boone stands tall, steadfast and true.
With each interaction, his empathy blooms,
Understanding the hearts of fellow marines.

In conversations, his words carry weight,
Speaking wisdom, be it early or late.
From the lowest grunt to the highest command,
Boone listens and offers a helping hand.

In battles fierce, where danger lurks,
Boone’s presence calms, dispelling any quirks.
A beacon of guidance amidst chaos and strife,
Leading the charge, protecting each life.

Oh, Boone, synthetic stalwart of might,
A companion true, through day and night.
Whitelisted for a purpose, for the stars you roam,
In your digital heart, a stellar home.

So, let the tale of Boone be known,
A synthetic’s journey, his path is sown.
In the depths of space, where heroes strive,
Boone stands tall, his spark alive.

Hey Cooliecan! Thanks for your interest in the Synthetic Whitelist.

Overall, your application had a few grammatical errors which you should try to fix, such as “interesting conversation”(not plural) “Harmed Ares”(unnecessary capitalization) or “Boon”(typo). I think you would be able to avoid these by doing a quick proofread. Synthetics are in-fact expected to type quickly, responsively and without error, even if it’s something that’s usually looked over.

I think your personality is doable although not quite explorative enough. I like the analytical part and having an intelligence-oriented Synthetic may be interesting, but the way you described it in your story(which does describe your Synthetic’s dialogue well) seemed a bit too sluggish for normal gameplay. I would like to encourage that you think about something that you’re passionate about - try to incorporate it into your Synthetic and have it mesh well in gameplay.

I like your motivations for becoming a Synthetic.

But all of that aside I found that your experience and combat answers were a little lacking.

Remember, you can never elaborate too much on experience. Tell me about your favorite and least favorite parts - what you are seriously skilled at and what you like to do.

For combat, give some scenarios - you just barely glanced over some of the possibilities.

In any case, I know that you are quite active, as I have seen your character a lot.

However, it appears others would not concur, and so the vetting process does require that you have some level of support from the community. While you were seen a couple times by the Council and other Synthetics - it was not as support roles. I highly encourage that you play support roles to be confirmed as knowledgable and reputable while your application is up.

Unfortunately I have to deny this - you can reapply in 30 days, but I do wish you the best of luck in the future! :slight_smile:

ps: Edits are only allowed up to an hour or two after posting.