Cryo kit should contain a crowbar, or allow the mod88 to fit a bayonet and work as a jury rigged crowbar

it’s very funny and cool that you can be completely screwed over by circumstance if you join before hijack, but after you enter the prep room, and when the room goes dark, power gets cut, and there aren’t any longarms laying on the ground that can fit a bayonet.

add a small pocket crowbar to the cryo kit to prevent this, or let us attach a bayonet to the mod88 and let us jam open doors with it so that you aren’t completely helpless during hijack.

8 Likes

it really doesn’t make sense to put a bayonet on a pistol

at that point, why not just be able to use a knife to pry open doors instead? It’s not like a pistol is adding any leverage there and you get basically the same functionality and it makes more sense

I do agree about adding crowbars though. If you join the round just as the dropship crashes you can end up locked in prep/cryo with no way to get out or get out quickly.

2 Likes

I actually agree cryokit should include a crowbar or the squad prep area needs some slight redesigning.

It’s actually so clown during a power outage/hijack to see people wake up and be trapped inside their squad prep with a pistol running around waiting to die. Like is the emergency kit giving them the pistol to kill themselves to just get it over with or something?

7 Likes

cryo/prep could have a backup generator that keeps the area powered after hijack, maybe destroying this generator prevents marines spawning?

1 Like

Marines in the movies could pry open the unpowered doors with just their hands, it took them like a second to do (like how xenos have it currently) but this happened multiple times at the start

1 Like

I agree.

This is actually a good suggestion to be changed. Easiest thing would be adding a crowbar IMO.

1 Like