Demkova - Permanent Ban Appeal

Demkova - Permanent Ban Appeal

What’s your BYOND key?

Demkova

Character Name?

I remember one of them was named ‘Leng Shinzo’ I don’t remember the rest.

Type of Ban?

Permanent Ban

What is your Bancode?

Bancode REF-05MAY2021-P189SA

Admin who banned you?

Bot, I do not believe it was a person. ‘Banned by Host’.

Total Ban Duration

By ban reference it should be since May 05th 2021 to now. See bancode.

Remaining Duration

Until Admin Removal

What other servers do you play on?

I personally believe this shouldn’t be relevant but if you must know then I will list quite a few off the bat.

-Paradise Station
-Baystation 12
-Interstation 12
-Burgerstation
-Lobotomy Corporation 13
-Bubberstation
-Civilization 13
-Halo Station
-Blue Colony
-Forge World Eipharius
-Dead Space 13
-Sojourn
-CEV Eris
-Skyrat (Not since the whitelist change a year or 2 ago)
-Aurora Station (sparingly)
-TerraGov
-BeeStation
-Shiptest
-More I am not listing anymore. You get the point. Half the servers I played on since ban here are no longer around now too.

Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?

My Aforementioned personal beliefs is reiterated that other server’s bans should not account for this appeal. Here is the information regardless due to transparency
-CM SS13
-Sojourn (Appealed and Unbanned)
-Skyrat (I never rewhitelisted)
I believe all other servers I have had a ban on do not host or exist anymore.

Do you play using a Virtual Machine?

Yes

is your copy of Windows legitimate?

Yes

Reason for Ban:

‘Evasion and Grief’, I believe it was a stickyban applied on the server as I do have 4 CKEY’s on Byond for varying reasons. Mostly due to altkeying on different servers to not be identified across servers on SS13 and other Byond games.

The automatic system may have seen 2 CKEYs from the same device log in and applied the ban, my brother and I sometimes share a household computer and occasionally log onto CM as well so that would make a 5th CKEY. I have no information on his own situation.

Links to previous appeals:

N/A

Your appeal:

I multikeyed on the wrong server by accident.

Whoops.

It happens at times as previously shown I play across a plethora of servers across the spectrum on not only SS13 but other Byond games as well. Some games allow for multikey to permit you more options to play while not disturbing your main account experience. Other servers only wish for one CKEY like Baystation 12 did. The two primary CKEYs I use on SS13 mainly are Demkova and another, they would often be seen going onto the same server on accident when I simply forget to log out of one and log into the other before jumping in. I believe I recall vividly making the mistake on CM long ago when I first began using multiple keys and wanted to refresh on a round of CM before noticing I was playing the wrong Ckey as I didn’t see my aforementioned character loaded up. I swapped back to my main key of Demkova and was given the ban.

It’s a matter of laziness and having more other options to play since then over why I never made an appeal since. I’m fine with keeping one or all other ckeys banned and playing on just one to make administration easier for the staff, I came to doing that with Bay12 staff when I made the same mistake there and everyone was quite cordial on the affair.

Shit happens we make silly mistakes. I don’t recall any instance of griefing ever being done as I always played Bravo and Charlie, while barely touching anything that can be so explosively bad my entire team would hate me after round due to inexperience with the mechanics of those items. So I’m quite sure it’s only a stickyban due to ‘evasion’.

Also I may have used another one of my ckeys to try and connect to see the ban reference last night to explain to my friend how I was banned and it may have become registered as well, it’s the ckey I use for the Byond game, I have a friend introduced from there to SS13 by playing CM first. He was wondering why I kept mentioning I can’t play with him and my other pal when he started playing recently. So same mistake there when you look at connection logs and other records.

[Edit: I did not know this ban appeal would be downright public, I have rescinded my other ckey on the post I references to protect my alt anonymity on ss13. You may contact me another way if you wish to know them, I’m more than happy to work with staff.]

I’ll be investigating this to see what the deal is with your ban here. Would you mind sending me all of the CKeys you use so that way I can verified them individually for our purposes here?

Also while your protests against the questions have been noted, they are 100% useful for staff to understand and gather information regarding you as a player and your potential current behavior.

1 Like

After a week I’ll consider this withdrawn. Feel free to re-appeal in 30 days.

1 Like

Added appeal:denied and removed appeal:waiting