DinoBoi1222 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - DinoBoi1222

What is your BYOND key?

DinoBoi1222

What is your Discord ID?

Dinazor1222#2730

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

ı would normally do vc but thats gone so now ı play ot

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

ı never done it beacuse ı have bad english and most of em looks hard ı am mostly heare to get maybe working joe

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Bero 2.0

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Has been progremed from a dinosour lover so it loves dinosours

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

İts close to the newest Hes based on the look of a paleontologist/archeologist that loooks like it come from digging

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

well ı wanna mostly be working joe and also roleplaying as new jobs and acutally helping and kinda chilling instead of goıng nuts as a marine oh also since when you become like a playble ghost as workin joe mostly chillin and get ignored and cleaning places

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

well ı was a ghost a chad workin joe just came in alamo while benos were there and cleaner the place it was pretty funny

Synthetic Character Story:

İn 2010 a engineer that loved dinosours but were unble to become a paleonthologist wanted a friend that loved the dinosours as much as he does so he created the Bero he though that he maybe could dig for him and find some skeletons of dinosours but sadly Bero 2.0 broke down beacuse of the digging procress so he created Bero 2.0

Skills:

Engineering:

I am nt that much specialized but first ı can learn pretty fast and ı know the basic such as making comminications fixing windows etc

Command:

I cannot command but ı got pretty good ideas so ı can help with command

Medical:

I am exteremly good at it

Requisitions:

ı am good at it

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

Well ı never acutally tried to fight in close combat that much but ı can own runners

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

No and no to job ban too

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

No

Let us know why you were discord banned.

ı was not banned

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

Well sorry if it was kinda bad ı am from a anotehr country so ı don t have the best english also ı mostly want to be a working joe by chilling while cleaning and helping oh also ı don t know if you care but ı can make pretty good bombs and good with harmfull chems such as ı can make a firetrower that doesnt line block but if it impackts with anythink such as beno or human it lights on

4 Likes

As much as I love the idea of Dr Grant from Jurassic Park as a synthetic in CM, this application is woefully inadequate. If you want to try again, here’s how to succeed.

First, look at accepted applications, especially for things like combat scenario answers and examples of the story.

Second, top to bottom on each field.
Synthetics are artificial people, they’re largely built to blend in. This both applies to appearance and names, synthetics are expected to have a name that a human being might have, typically with traditional spellings.
Furthermore, synthetics have complex personalities. Paleontology and dinosaur enthusiasm are a good starter but hearken back to what I said about Grant from Jurassic Park, he’s not just a paleontologist he has other traits like his stand-off nature, dislike for children due to lacking patience with others, commitment to thoroughness, etc. When you build your synthetic personality you want to aim for that kind of depth so as to have enough base material that you can improv RP as that character without breaking stride.
Your story is therefore an opportunity to showcase that personality in different interactions and scenarios with crew. We typically want 2-3 pages that heavily feature the character you want to play, and that is your opportunity to demonstrate and showcase the personality you’re aiming for.
Synthetic is a role for mastery, in particular with medical and engineering. Given that you have not provided a character name that you play as, we cannot verify your claim to medical proficiency however engineering should be mastered, not something you’re just proficient in basics for.
When we ask about scenarios you can perform combat in, this refers to rules governing synthetic combat. There are extremely strict rules that serve to guide your self preservation and situations that combat is permitted in, and breaking them will result in swift de-WL. Reference the pinned thread in the synthetic applications section to read them, and I would suggest having a conversation with a WL’d synthetic or councilor regarding nuance of combat and self preservation rules.

1 Like

Hello!

There’s not much else to add that Katskan hasn’t said. My advice is seek out help from the CM discord since you are in it. We have a specific channel in the Discord server called #whitelist-app-help. Feel free to ask questions and I’m sure myself or anyone there can answer your questions if you’re confused about anything here.

Dinazor1222 please take a look at accepted applications to get a standard of what is expected.
As unfortunately, this is far below what could be considered acceptable.

There is some fantastic advice in this thread, please read through it and continue to enjoy CM! :slight_smile:

The application is denied but you may reapply in 30 days.

Best of luck!