Dropship 100% immune to land side xenos

So after crash landing, I’ve noticed some marines jump in the dropship and head planetside. There are no T3 forsaken possible, so once they do this they are 100% safe to just hang out and chill while T2 forsaken bang on the doors and can’t do anything. Then they go back topside and since there’s not much of a chance they’ll have a t3 or queen waiting to open doors, they’ll just go back to groundside and hang out.

Seems like this is a very obvious way of avoiding gameplay mechanics involved with crash landing, and having to make a decision to evac or fighting to the death. Can something be done here to make not such a guaranteed escape from the gameplay? It’s super cheesy even when they just hang out in the ship and hide behind doors that are only openable by a couple of xenos, but not even risking that is just insane to be a thing.

Probably you should not be able to lock the doors after hijack or maybe forsaken should get means to unlock the dropship.

This is more an ideasguy suggestion.

I don’t really think this is a major issue, you could make it that once hijack has started that it is possible for xenos to attack the locked doors akin to a regular locked door/escape pod door so they can eventually force their way in

It is probably not good to have a forever invincibility box that for some reason no one has rounded all of the marines into during hijack. I agree with Steelpoint

1 Like

Just make it so the dropship never lands. It “launched into space”

It doesnt make sense that the marines would take off from the alamo… then fly right back to the planet they evacuated.

1 Like