Effective Account Loss

In mid November to early December, I faced a connection issue that would stop me from inputting anything into the game, without freezing my client. Then I would disconnect. Within the last week, it has come back. I’ve tried everything to rid myself of it. It only occurs on this server, and it was so unplayable that I had to resort to making a new account and seeing if that fixed it.

It worked, but I am quite disappointed I’ve lost all of my hours, timelocks, and medals. I’m really confused why it’s exclusive to one account, on one server. I’ve never encountered an issue like this before, and no one else I talked to did either. There seems to be some kind of relation between the issue and having any kind of keyboard plugged in.

Sad about this, as there’s nothing staff can do to get my hours back or unlock timelocks. I just have to grind out rifleman again.

1 Like

You can just ask an admin to transfer all your stats bro

I have. I’ve been told it’s too difficult.

… I faced a connection issue …
… freezing my client …
… making a new account …
… fixed it

Something about this smells… smelly.

With hours and stuff yeah it’s way too hard but for notes it’s basically just copy pasting, just give a heads up

Trying to circumvent the admin’s “make this robust lag” tag will just lead them to applying it to your new account

You are lagging for a reason, stop being so good and it will end.

Tldr, (insane nonsense dont even read it)

1 Like

I already have. My notes have been transferred. But not the good stuff. Which sucks.

1 Like

Conspiracy would work except for the fact I am absolutely terrible at the game even when I’m not lagging.

1 Like

Try running byond as an administrator

1 Like

It was that easy to take control of the server this entire time???

1 Like

worst joke ever

1 Like

This can actually be true. I had almost the same issue few years ago and had to make a new byond account. Byond is pretty bad and has really weird bugs.

1 Like

You can try connecting via Server Relays and see if that helps out with the issue.

Aside from that, it’s really a BYOND issue and there is nothing that can be done about it.

If you’ve not already, you can file a BYOND bug report on the BYOND forums.

Will try this. Seems my new account is suffering the same issue.

1 Like