Round ID:

Your character name:

Bryan Goslyn

Their BYOND key:

Stalkerino

What are you reporting?:

Enforcement Action Taken

Description of the incident:

Stalkerino contacted me around 15 minutes before I wrote this report saying that my name sounds like Ryan Gosling. I said it does, and that I was inspired by it, that I asked AI to generate a random name for my character and that it came out with “Goslyn”, after a while I realised that it sounds like Gosling, which is the same surname that an actor Ryan Gosling has. I thought it would be funny if I also used a similar name to “Ryan”, so I came up with “Bryan” to create “Bryan Goslyn”. I didn’t have any problems with this name for weeks, I have contacted multiple administrators and mentors about issues I’ve been having and in none of those occurrences has anyone told me to change my name because it is inappropriate, which is why I’m creating this report because I believe it was wrong for this moderator to change my name and warn me for it, when previously none of the staff members told me that it’s a wrong name to use, including higher-ups like administrators, one of which I believe being MisterMoon. Additionally, my name is not the same name that the actor in question has, but a name that sounds close to it. However, the biggest problem that I have with this is that this moderator warned me for it and logged that warning, which I find especially unfair. If my name is wrong, then I should have been told that the moment I started talking to staff members with this name. Thank you for your time.

Evidence:

Also correction, when I said “Contacted multiple admins and mentors about it” I meant to say that I talked with them while having my name, but not about my name, I apologize for this mistake.

6 Likes

Heya! Since you already posted the PMs I dont think there is much reason to pull logs for this. So I’ll just resolve it after having looked over them myself again in our log database.

After looking through the logs I agree that the name isnt acceptable. It pretty blatantly violates our naming rules, especially in intent.
So because of that I will be denying this report. No action will be taken against stalkerino.

I also can’t find any notes on your account of a staff member giving you the green light for this name. Nor can I find any logs of you talking with MisterMoon about your character name.
If you remember who it was feel free to DM me their name and I can look into it to see if I agree with their reasoning.

Added report:denied and removed report:pendinglogs