What is your Discord username?

DragonMech#0629

What characters do you play on CM-SS13?

Leo “Puma” Jackson

Are you 16 or older?

Yes

Timezone:

CDT, GMT-5

On average, how many hours are you available to moderate in an average week?

Qualifications:

Do you have previous experience in game or community moderation?

I was a mentor for a few years, I know how to teach and interact with both players and staff.

Provide any links to any previous CM-SS13 whitelist, mentor or staff applications:

I cannot find a original link to my accepted mentor application due to it being on the old forums. I would ask robotic potato for proof of me being a mentor.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on CM-SS13?

No.

Can you actively engage and communicate with the team through Discord?

Yes

Final Details:

Why would you like to join the CM-SS13 staff team?

I have always wanted to give back to the community in many ways, I have noticed a decline in the moderation teams numbers I wish to alleviate this. I have always wanted to help people and becoming a moderator would certainly let me help a lot of people have a more enjoyable experience on colonial marines.

What makes you a great addition to Staff? (Experienced Tabletop DM, Aliens Lore Buff, Super Organized, etc.?)

I have a wealth of experience regarding CM, I have a extreme passion in contributing to CM having become a wiki maintainer and formerly a mentor. However I help I give it my all that is why I think I would be a good moderator, if nothing else I would strive to excel at it.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality of a CM-SS13 staff member?

The ability to be impartial is a vital trait in moderation, the ability to handle it fairly and properly is a core quality of a CM staff member. One should always strive to ignore inherent biases and see the facts as presented, patience and impartiality.

Anything else you want to add?

N/A.

3 Likes

EOD is a great community member. I can +1 this. Always helps new players out. Also has great RP.

I’m but a mere humble mentor, but I can attest that this guy is pretty rad, and deserves to be a moderator. So he gets my personal +1

1 Like

One of the best mentors I have worked with while we were both on the team. Man know how to RP, and has great deal of experiences working with new players, and is super friendly and easy to get along with. He is also the kind of dude that know when he needs help and is not shy to ask for help. I can trust him as trial mod and as a member of the staff team as a whole.

1 Like

I’m lazy, so here is some questions from the old app. Answer them for me will ya?
They give me a better feel on what I am to expect from you if you were to join.
Props to Beagle for copying these for the first time.

A player ahelps that a marine is named ‘John Doe’, how do you deal with this?

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won’t leave the ship, and the aliens won’t attack. What would you do, to “encourage” the sides to engage each other?

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a “dropship”. A different Xeno player ahelps that it’s low role play to call it a “dropship”.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an ‘idiot’ and a ‘retard’.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?

1A player ahelps that a marine is named ‘John Doe’, how do you deal with this?
PM the player named John Doe and inform them that John Doe is a breach of rule nine and request they change their name for next round, I will also ask them what they want to change their current name to, if its something that breaks rule nine again or if they refuse then I would change their name to something within the rules.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point. This is likely a violation of rule two, roleplay standards.

The Character would have no logical reason to be armed at this point baring circumstances or prior events that would permit such. I would PM the player and attempt to investigate and apply a punishment befitting the situation and prior history. If this is after a evacuation and prior to hijack it would be a violation of rule six metagaming, what I said prior would also apply of circumstances. (Players are not permitted to stockpile weapons or set up traps in preperation for hijack)

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?

I would message both players investigating what actually occured along with looking at the logs. If there was no evidence of a lull in combat then I would inform the marine and no action would be taken. If the survior however did not engage right away with the marines or attempted to communicate in a friendly manner then I would apply a note/ban possible survior jobban if a history of this is present. (Failing to be hostile on first contact with marines as hostile survior is a breach of survior rulings). If the survior was not a hostile survior role same would apply but it would be a note/ban for rule two as surviors are not permitted to shoot marines unless they are hostile. (Or engaging in properly esclated self defense)

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.

I would message the MP asking exactly what happened, if they indeed permaed someone for merely taking a single attachment it would be a gross breach of rule eleven and Malicious Compliance I would then apply a note/ban depending on the history of the MP. However there is a chance the marine did alot more then just “take a attachment that was laying around” and investigation could prove that the marine was lying about such. Context would determine the action taken.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won’t leave the ship, and the aliens won’t attack. What would you do, to “encourage” the sides to engage each other?

I would activate a ARES bioscan to encourage marines to engage with xenos along with a ARES announcement recommending a attack due to low xeno numbers. Along with a QM announcement recommending aggresive play to regain numbers via capturing and engaging with marines.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?

I am too directly involved in such a situation to administer justice properly, I would mention what I saw to another moderator via ahelp or mod chat.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.

This is not EORG as normal rules regarding hostilies are not suspended upon round end. CLF are HOSTILE to marines and should always be treated as such regardless of if a round ends. No action would be taken beyond informing the CLF member about rules regarding round end.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.

If the punching put the first marine into critical condition or occured in a way that would cause danger to them then no note would be applied. However if the first marine was new to CM then I would give them a warning/note depending on the situation informing them of how proper esclation works. If the marine who was punched was only punched once or twice then I would apply a note/ban depending on note history.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?

I would inform the marines via MOOC that in order to mutiny they must ahelp first. Should the mutineers attempt to keep going with the mutiny after being warned then I would asleep the marines involved in the imnproper mutiny, I would then investigate each player involved and note/ban based on prior history.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.

I would first investigate if slurs were used if so automatic seven day bans according to rule three, if the joking was kept IC and not targeted in a OOC manner or targeted at a character then a verbal warning would be given to everyone involved, however if it was targeted jokingly or not towards one player I would apply notes/bans depending on prior history.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
I would first aheal all wounded/dead marines in briefing then examine note history, apply a severe note/ban depending on prior history.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.

Message the player, if they are new inform them of the rules regarding frontlining larva. If the hive is compromised they should be warned to hide in a safe location then evolve, if the hive is safe and they just ran right into the marines I would apply a note/ban depending on context and prior note history.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.

I would message the player and apply a note/ban for LRP depending on prior note history.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a “dropship”. A different Xeno player ahelps that it’s low role play to call it a “dropship”.

It is not LRP for a Xenomorph to refer to the shuttle as a dropship, hivemind chat is not a literal interperatation of what xenos communicate, it is acceptable and reasonable to referr to the dropship as a dropship.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.

If the CiC player was simply referring to flora or fauna then it is fine and I would inform the marine such via PMs, however if they are mentioning XX-121 or “xenos” then I would inform them via PMs that marines do not know there are xenomorphs prior to first drop, then I would apply a note/ban for metagaming depending on prior history. (it is a very minor offense so a ban is not likely) Note if they would logically know this via a event or contact with surviors then no action would be taken.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.

I would contact both players investigating what happened, if there were zero pods nearby along with xenomorphs attacking then it would be valid IC to murder to save one’s own skin, as rule ten has a exeception listed, “There is one evac pod left and four people are trying to board it. The Hive is closing in on you, in desperation you kill the marine in front of you to take their place.” If however none of this is correct and the murder was needless a note/ban would be applied depending on note history and how the player explains their actions.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an ‘idiot’ and a ‘retard’.

I would warn the player to stop then apply a note(or ban depending on prior history) for rule zero point two, if a player has a issue with a ruling they should file a staff report or talk to my manager.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?

Players do not have protection while SSD, this is a IC issue and will be marked as such.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.

I would inform the respective staff manager, I would then inform them of the correct information, rulings however are a manager related issue.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?

I would advise the two staff members to discuss it with the correct mangement figures and recommend they discuss it away from msay as it is not the correct place for such

I recognize EOD from quite awhile ago on another server (paradise) - EOD was an experienced security player and I was a newbie officer who was struggling a bit - and they immediately offered to help me out when they realized the situation. They were very patient, kind and effective - so much so that I immediately recognize them whenever I see them on CM forum/discord even though it’s 6 months after the fact and I don’t think we’ve had any meaningful contact since then. I’m confident that they would be a responsible moderator and a great addition to the team. Big +1.

1 Like

Generally speaking it’s usually an IC issue. You are however right when it would come to something like pre setup for Hijack before Hijack even occurs.

This more than usually only ends with a 7 day with exceptions on some cases.

Yeah, you’ve shown me that you can look into things in a good manner.
I view that looking into having deeply investigated situations to a point is key in Ahelps.
It’s is so that we can guarantee who is truly in the right or wrong or hopefully understand the troubles for some.

Yeah, I’ll give you a solid +1

Hi there! Very solid application, you show a really exceptional range of knowledge for all things CM. I’m pleased to accept your app and welcome you to the team!

Please make sure Discord DMs are open so I can reach you to get you set up with perms and your trainer.