What is your Discord username?

noodles2 | ID:509178736692690955

What characters do you play on CM-SS13?

Locke ‘CAS’ Briggs

Are you 16 or older?

Yes

Timezone:

US Central / GMT-5

On average, how many hours are you available to moderate in an average week?

5 at a minimum

Qualifications:

Do you have previous experience in game or community moderation?

I have extensive experience in moderation across multiple platforms.

Provide any links to any previous CM-SS13 whitelist, mentor or staff applications:

I do not have my previous applications links but there is 1 denied moderation application 1 accepted moderation application and 1 accepted mentor application. Also current mentor application Mentor Application - Firecharge123 - #21 by Ingwe

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on CM-SS13?

Never

Can you actively engage and communicate with the team through Discord?

Yes

Final Details:

Why would you like to join the CM-SS13 staff team?

Running events, upholding server rules, and continuing the community-staff outreach

What makes you a great addition to Staff? (Experienced Tabletop DM, Aliens Lore Buff, Super Organized, etc.?)

Experience in Moderation, Event running, Mentoring and assisting other members of staff.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality of a CM-SS13 staff member?

Level-headedness and being able to ask for help when needed.

Anything else you want to add?

N/A

11 Likes

+1 for being competent and fun as former admeme

2 Likes

Ex admin, knowledgeable, helpful, I fully trust this person and know they will do well, +1 if I could id instantly bring you back on o7

3 Likes

I did a brief look and you mentioned on the CM Discord you were fired before taking a 6-month hiatus. The lack of any mention regarding this strikes me as a red flag.

5 Likes

I can’t see any mention of this in your application.

4 Likes

Hello,

I understand your concerns of me not providing any indication of my removal from staff on my application- And I apricate the outreach regarding it. However, I would like to convey that it is in a grey area and there was 0 place on the application that I felt would be appropriate to A. provide sufficient information regarding the removal and B. I would be able to elaborate information regarding it in a statement rather than in a QnA way as most applications are-

-It is also to my understanding since the changes to the moderation application (About a year and a bit ago now) that all questions not on the application will be provided by the moderation/staff team individually to gather a better idea of the individual and their intentions. I expected this question to be asked and I am willing to elaborate further on the matter in any way possible until you find my answers sufficient.

I apologize for any lack of transparency in my application, and reiterate that I am willing to answer any questions to my application- And I do request that you clarify your statements in a question form rather than a statement so that I may provide a better understanding.

5 Likes

My position ultimately is that being removed from our staff, and not making any mention of it in your re-application to become a staff member, would infer you were trying to avoid mentioning this incident. Of course, post-facto we can’t ascertain if that was your true intention, but it nonetheless does not confer you the benefit of the doubt.

Ergo I would ask you directly exactly why you were removed from our staff team, why you believe it was a “grey” area issue, and per this if you believe you warrant our trust a second time.

I am a believer in second chances; however, it is one thing for a player to be trusted to return to the server. But as staff members we are accorded a significant level of trust by the player base, as even Moderators have access to a lot of tools that could be easily abused. Thus, a staff member who is removed from their position has likely lost that trust.

Based on what others have said, I have no reason to believe you are not a decent person, and you would do the job well, but that is not the issue, the issue is trust.

1 Like

Hey there.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet .

I don’t know if you still remember that incident, but when I was a new player, you and your friend, who was a Manager at the time, “harrassed” me, in your own words, and even in an obvious unprovoked harrashment incident, you tried to manipulate the events under the player report instead of apologizing as your friend, who was a Manager, did.

What I’m saying is that, as an admin and a mentor, you took great pleasure in harassing a new player so much and never apologized for it. In all honesty, I think you just want your old powers back rather than helping the community.

3 Likes

I believe the grey area is that the application specifically asks if you have been banned for more than 24 hours. In the additional comments section, I felt starting answering a guaranteed future question with a statement/explanation would be useless as it would allow proper explanation post inquisition.

The reason for the removal as stated above by Forest2001 was for allegations against me and former manager MrDadMan. The reason provided to me for my removal was for ‘Metacommunication within the public discord.’ However any further communication and explanation was withheld from me by the Hosts Frozentsbgg and Forest2001 after asking. As far as I understand these allegations and removal against me, they do not tarnish my community reputation and revoke all of my staff reputation as to quote Forest2001;
“Further to your removal however, we have elected not to enact a ban upon your account as a result of the previously mentioned rule breaks as a final thank you for your service upon the team. Should any further rule breaks of the same line reoccur this will not be extended.”
I have recently contacted Frozentsbgg and the now former head of staff Taketheshot56(TTS) for availability in rejoining staff and and both have clearly stated that all I would have to do to rejoin staff is to apply via the normal application process- which indicates that I have not been blacklisted from rejoining staff to my knowledge.

To further support my reasoning to regain my trust, although I have taken about a 6 month hiatus after the removal due to personal reasons, I feel a sufficient amount of time has passed from my removal in which I feel it is acceptable to re-apply for a position in staff and I have recently played a considerable amount in the last couple of months and have reasonably mingled with the community (I will just use my current mentor application as a reasonable source) as I did previously. I have a clear note/ban history for well over a year now(I think?) and still keep in contact with various members of the community and staff. I would say I was previously well-liked and maintained good work order and work ethic along with assisting various members of staff, training, log pulls, event running and much more. Until the very end of my career, I maintained a near-spotless staff history along with teamwork and taking serious dedication to my previous work.

Also to answer a potential question; my reason for not having mentor is NOT for the removal from staff. I retained this role, but I was removed recently due to inactivity from my hiatus and I was not able to contact the current mentor head to re-instate my role so I re-applied due to the absence of a mentor head.

I do ask that I regain trust not for any personal reasons but more to continue community based work eg. events, moderation and general communications with the community. I noticed in my absence a severe cut-down on workload for current moderation and a lack of moderation team size and know that this community requires a lumpsum of work and dedication from the staff team to keep it running.

3 Likes

Right, I can disagree with Firecharge on a small handful of things and probably would’ve frankly told them to go not bother with an application a year or two ago. What I can’t disagree with them about is that they are - more or less - what the community wants: Someone who listens.

I have room to believe that rather than take a hardline stance on something while digging their feet in and planting their flag, someone who’s been removed as staff once and is coming back to try again has the humility and understanding you’d hope for from somebody who’s going to stand by and represent this year’s expectations for CM, as well as whatever changes in the making of next years’.

I hope they pass this, because it means in a grander sense that the CM community - from neverplayers to Host (what’s the difference :wink: ) - are able to fuck-up, learn, and try-again. If worst comes to worst they’ll just get removed again.

+1

3 Likes

I would like to apologize for any previous behavior, especially this incident. I do regret doing this and I definitely should have worded my response differently. I do curb my ‘childish behavior’ and take certain roles very seriously. I do agree this incident was bad, however I would also like to add that initially this incident was escalated by a non party to us and it definitely turned bad. I recall un-welding you from a locker that the third-party had locked you in- and allowing you to arrest me because I felt bad during the altercation and tried to de-escalate it in game. Again, I apologize for any caused trauma.

4 Likes

I can appreciate your explanations.

Your responses do belie a seemingly well-intentioned desire. But you’ve failed to actually give a direct explanation as to the minutia details for your dismissal aside from mentioning it as a vague ‘metacommunicating’ incident, which leaves a lot to the imagination.

Players who metacommunicate are conferred permanent bans, ergo my concerns. But I can only speculate, and I don’t want to play a game of 20 questions to find your truth.

Ultimately, I’m going to remain neutral on this application.

I appreciate your objectivity in the matter.

I say this with 100% complete honesty that I was never given any complete explanation as to my removal of staff. The literal answer I was given was that it was simply put at 'metacommunication and ‘griefy behavior.’ As I formerly stated, I was never given any explanation or even an answer from the Host and a very vague answer from the Vice host. 0 other staff members to my knowledge were given any reasoning for my removal as it was a ‘internal investigation’ (I had asked the current staff manager at the time Dubszor and the former Mod Manager ScarletReign). I can provide screenshots of my DMs with the host and Vice host to prove my point, and feel free to ask the Hosts which know more than me about this- However I feel that it may prove to be a moot point if it does nothing.

4 Likes

I would also like to add that I am not necessarily trying to defend my case. I was clearly removed for a reason, however like this case I found unsatisfactory responses from the available sources. I am also not trying to bargain for my original position, status or even friendships, but I am asking, objectively, to start new with the staff team for the wellbeing of the community as a whole and for the genuine cause.

5 Likes

+1

Interactions have always been positive. If something is incorrect or wrong Firecharge clearly would explain the issue.

Ive seen him confronted a few times on removal, and allegories on how vague his explanation of his dismissal was. Unironically if Firecharge was in fact guilty of such deplorable actions he’d have faced the same level of punishment as others. If the accused has been with-held an accurate explanation and only vague terms, what then is there to report aside from vague assumptions.

The removal, as it appears, hadnt been explained in any significant detail anywhere, not even to fire himself. Given the fact that fire was told he can apply as others would, is not jbanned from anything, has not been removed from the discord, and is EXTREMELY well respected by the community, is a good enough sign from me that he still belongs on the staff team. He’s a benefit, both to the team and to the community.

3 Likes

+1
His IC behaviors maybe goofy and troublesome at times, his conducts as staff was (for this server) and is (for another server) well in-line with servers’ rules.

3 Likes

Hello Firecharge,

There must have been some form of miscommunication. The rest of management has elaborated to me that you are not welcome back on the staff team after the events that led to your removal.

2 Likes

Added mod:denied and removed mod:waiting