Flames009 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - Flames009

What is your BYOND key?

Flames009

What is your Discord ID?

Flames009#4932

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

No, I play several characters.

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

None.

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Working Joe

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Working Joe does not possess any personality. Just another cog in the machine.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

As a Working Joe I can carry out simple tasks, nothing too complex (like fixing an airlock or setting up cades). I can assist in the Req line, but only if there are no Req staff, and I must be slow and inefficient about it. If someone orders me a task I cannot do, I simply stare at them or walk away. Logline: “You always know a Working Joe!”

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I just had a few interactions with Working Joes, when I played as a RO, and I got inspired by these interactions. There is something charming in playing as Working Joe.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

Again, I interacted with Joes as RO a few times, asked them to clean up messes created by marines during Req line rush. Received “You always know a Working Joe!” in responce, and decided to write this application.

Synthetic Character Story:

I’m not sure if I even need to write a story for Working Joe, so I’ll write something simple. One of the thousands units, created in one of the Seegson Synthetic Construction Facilities, this Working Joe was purchased by USCM, and assigned to serve on USS Almayer.

Skills:

Engineering:

35 hours as ComTech. I know how to fix stuff.

Command:

I have 11 hours as SO, but I don’t think I’m good at Command.

Medical:

63 hours as Doctor, 43 hours as Corpsman. I know how to heal people.

Requisitions:

25 hours as RO. Pretty experienced, though I discovered contraband pretty recently.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

I’m a Working Joe, I don’t do combat. ( unless directly ordered by Ares, or if someone trying to break into Ares Core, using weapons and ignoring my requests to leave the area. In this case, I can try to beat the intruder with my hands.) In all other scenarios, I should just escape from damage source or ignore it.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

No, never been banned.

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

No, never been banned.

Let us know why you were discord banned.

No, never been banned.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

Not really. Thank you for your attention.

1. Working Joes are apart of the Synthetic Application, if you get a WL for the synthetic (not WJ variant) then you also get the Working Joe WL. You can not apply directly for Working Joe at the moment, this could change in the future but for now you simply can not get the Working Joe WL without being a WLed Synthetic too.

2. You stated you play many characters but haven’t stated who you play as. The only reference to Who you are in-game is who you play as and stating your In-game character’s name will allow us to see who you are and see what you do/act.

3. I have no idea who you are, you have not made yourself known (Not being helped by the lack of a stated marine/xenomorph name in the prompt).

All in all, I will -1 this application. Half assed, Quickly done, Haven’t even looked at past applications Which has applications similar to this which normally are denied outright, and simply not good.

-1 for me, DM a Councilor on discord and read past applications both denied and accepted.

Hey Flames009. There are some problems with your application.

First off this is the Synthetic Whitelist, meaning that you gain access to all Synthetics, including Working Joes. You cannot apply for 1/3 of the whitelist.

Onto your application.

Firstly, saying “I have many characters” is not an adequate answer. We have to know who you play in order to vet you - furthermore, if people don’t know who you are, they will not vouch for you. The issue with that is that you will not have the community support required.

The rest of your application has some issues. Your understanding of WJ operations is actually decent, but your application contains some minor typos and lacks elaboration. I think your hours are almost adequate but you need to elaborate on how your hours translate into experience. Remember, you can never elaborate too much!

Lastly, Working Joe is considered a ‘bonus’ of being Synthetic or Staff. It is not something you can apply for outside of these avenues, although it is overseen by the Synthetic Council. I am happy to hear about your enjoyment of interacting with WJs. Building a lively atmosphere on the USS Almayer is one of my intended objectives for them.

Thank you for your interest, but the council must inform you that this application is denied. You may reapply in 30 days. Please reach out to any councilors or whitelist app help for assistance. I hope to see your improved application sometime down the line, at which point you may enjoy all that Synthetics have to offer! Best of luck :slight_smile: