FOB metarushes / Mutiny changes

henlo

First things first, FOB metarushes by xenos.

right now, there is technically no rules stopping the queen having the entire hive waiting at FOB, and screeching the Alamo the moment it lands, locking it and taking it over before any marines have a chance to even react. Although extremely unlikely, as xenos wouldn’t be inclined to do so without weeds, having to guess which LZ they land at, and good luck getting the entire hive to get ready by 00:20 and listen to your suicide orders, the fact that xenos are even allowed to have their entire assault inside FOB before marines even get a single cade down isn’t fun for anyone. This is prominent on lowpop, where marines are sent down without an XO, and are met with five T3’s in FOB at 00:25, before the Alamo has even cycled.

Coupled with the fact that xenos have extreme safeguards against survs when they’re attacked in hive, but marines don’t share these luxuries, I see no reason why we shouldn’t bring back the rules against xenos being in FOB before second cycle, and I have no idea why these rules were even removed in the first place.

Secondly, mutiny changes.

Right now, mutinies are heavily underused for the fact that they can only last around 3 minutes before everyone has to be friends again for hijack. I propose an idea, where once an admin starts a mutiny event, xenos aren’t allowed to hijack for at least ten minutes, OR when the hijack is complete.
To make this situation better for xenos, they will be allowed to freely ghost and watch the hijack take place, and be automatically placed back into their bodies once they are allowed to hijack.

This makes hijacks actually fun, allows them to actually do things without being stopped before anything happens, and allows xenos to laugh at marines killing themselves.

Would love to hear input on both of these things.

1 Like

Thats just wrong though

4 Likes

As above for the first part.

For the second part, that’s more of an idea guys thing.

2 Likes

Correct me if I am wrong, but survivors can attack the hive once larva can evolve to drone. The only safeguard is for the first minute or so as larva literally can’t fight back unlike marines at the FOB.

Rushing the FOB a few minutes after landing is obnoxious and does ruin the flow of the round though. But it also is counter able if marines don’t have a skill issue.

2 Likes

No xeno player is gonna enjoy having to wait 10m doing nothing so marines can finish their squabbling.

2 Likes

There is no rule for marines rushing out of LZ also. And marines rushing out of LZ when FOB isn’t built is just lrp.

4 Likes

Xenos standing next to dropship doors to attack when it lands = Rule break

Xenos standing outside the FOB and attacking after dropship lands = Acceptable

I’d not suggest this plan due to the fact you are attacking into an area where you cannot weed, plus the marines are all united in a single cohesive force, but the above two sentances represent the current state of things which I personally consider to be fine.

Mutiny situation is not really a policy issue due to it being a gameplay mechanic of xeno hijacking.

3 Likes

The thing deterring xenos from just rushing the Alamo is that marines are at the peak of their manpower and if anything them being together in an “out shit” moment is what brings them together to be truly robust as a force

3 Likes