FP250110 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - FP250110

What is your BYOND key?

FP250110

What is your Discord ID?

theguy5658

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Leeroy ‘puma’ Johnson

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

I have not whitelisted as anything yet so i hope to succeed on the road of the synth

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Allan

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Smart, acts like a graduate who started taking a course for medicine, all while being one tough cookie at doctoring, he likes his patients, even congratulating them on being so strong and enduring surgery, he loves rewarding his patients and others

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Allan would approach each member of the Almayer with respect and professionalism, regardless of rank. His programming dictates that all lives are of equal value, and he would treat each individual with the same level of care and concern.

In a one-on-one conversation, Allan might discuss topics related to technology, ethics, and the nature of the human body. He may also share insights into his own experiences as a synthetic unit, offering a unique perspective on life.

Allan’s primary interest lies in fulfilling his duty to assist and aid anyone on his side

“Meet Allan, the synthetic of the future! He can do anything he is commanded to do! Surgery? Done. Maintenance? You can count on him to do it for you! Allan’s new AI system allows him to interact with humans in advanced ways that have never been seen before!”

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I have always wanted to be a synthetic since my very first encounter with one (listed below) because i have always loved the idea of having my own charachter be a robot with almost real feelings but yet be so close yet so far to being a human

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

One round about a year ago, i was hanging around the Alamo and while sitting there i saw a fascinating specimen, a synthetic i didn’t realize until i looked at their bio that they were actually a synthetic, the only way i even realized was their weird insignia on top of their head, since then my goal was to make my own charachter and make it as likeable as possible, to make it remarkable to roleplay with and interact with overall.

Synthetic Character Story:

Whirring arose from the room as the airlock operated. The door opened revealing Allan, he stepped into the room and opened a drawer. A marine followed clenching at his chest “please lay down, I guarantee your surgery will be quick and swift.” The marine lay down a bit nervous, this was his first surgery. “You sure this is uhh….gonna save me…?
“But of course it will, and you’ll feel better than ever after I am finished! Think of this as a 99 percent survival rate.” The marine hesitates but lays down as Allan grabs the oxygen mask on the surgical bed putting it on the rifle man’s face, after a few seconds Allan opens the surgical box and pulls out a scalpel, he makes an incision on the rifle man’s chest, opens it with the retractors, clamps the bleeders forces his rib cage open and finally arrives to the rifle man’s heart, he pulls out his medicinal box and applies a regenerative membrane, next he closed his rib cage applying an abundant dose of bone gel. After the gel sets he closes his chest up with a perfect and quick patch of surgical line. Allan then moved on to the rifle man’s left hand and arm, his bones were shattered, there were a few chips of bone here and there, his arm was not salvageable, Allan opened a cubby next to the entrance, he grabbed a robotic arm, cutting off the biological one and replacing it with the metal one, he placed his other arm in the trash and inserted some power cells on the slot for the arm. As Allan removed the mask from the rifle man, he stated “look, I told you that you’d make it and look at you now! Stronger than ever.”
The rifle man got up slowly, moving his robotic arm around and then looked at Allan, “thank you Allan, you really are who you say you are uh?” “Well who else would I be! I love helping people, I’ll wash my hands and be right back with some food from the mess hall!”

Skills:

Engineering:

I would call myself competent in engineering, i am not the best but nowhere near the worst. I have had my fair share of engineering so i know my ropes and all that good stuff, i also know how to set up comms, obviously

Command:

10 hours of playtime as staff officer as of now, i know how to call for code reds, how to plan and how to arrange my squads.

Medical:

Medical is by far my best and i mean BEST skill, i will finish a surgery stat as fast as i can and as cleanly as i can, i have 99 percent of surgery memorized from fractures to organ damage and dont even get me started on the perfection of my dosages. All i can say is yes, i am familiar with medical.

Requisitions:

Eh, i would say i am more than ok. Ask me something and you’ll get it sooner or later, if i were to rate myself i would personally give myself a 7/10 i feel like i could improve on memorizing where the items are in the dispensers though

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

Combat is not a go-to for synthetics, only fight when in sheer need of defence or when defending someone else, but still combat should be used when the situation is not looking good at all. And there are much better choices

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

No.

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

No.

Let us know why you were discord banned.

N/A

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

N/A

1 Like

Hello please use #whitelist-app-help or whatever it’s called on the discord before making apps, and review accepted and denied apps prior to making yours. I recommend withdrawing your app.

The story is not what we’re looking for, and the personality is not either. For starters synths are faux humans and should have tale-tell signs that it’s not a human, not being as close to human like as possible. Secondly, that’s not a personality. Everyone’s synth varies on their “humanness” to some degree, a personality is something like farmer synth, it’s more correctly described as your synths quirk. Think about characters from media you like and make a synth version. There’s a Patrick Bateman synth, black dynamite synth, scout from tf2 synth, etc on the WL rn.

The story should be dialogue detailing your synths personality as the #1 way you’ll interact with people and show your personality is through talking to them.

Also did any part of the story or app have help from AI generative learning?

2 Likes

Do you mean take it down by withdrawing? If so how do I do that

Does this count as applying? I didn’t know I had to go on the discord, oh god please don’t bwonk me on my first day here lmao😅

No this is applying, I’m saying you should have asked for help before doing it. Unfortunately, you do have to be in the discord to get accepted though.

To withdraw you just say “I’d like to withdraw.”

I’d like to withdraw

Does this count as me having to come back in 30 days or not, I’m fine with that, cause I could figure out how to finally verify in the discord

Yes, this starts the 30 days. Would also appreciate an answer to the question of using generative AI for assistance or not.

Yeah but only for the story (but I immediately took it out)

Practically I was using ai and submitted it then I got unsure if it was allowed so I edited the story to be my own without ai

Applicant has withdrawn application, closing thread per their request.

Added synth:denied and removed synth:waiting

To clarify, you will not be receiving a penalty at this time because you’re new to the system and this doesn’t seem malicious, but using generative AI to write a story can net severe penalty all the way up to potentially being permanently banned from all whitelist applications.

Again, you won’t have a penalty for it especially since you were open about it, in the future should you re-apply please use application help channels and DM councilors for feedback prior to posting, the purpose of the story is to showcase the character you’ve developed and we can provide pointers as to what kinds of things you should include in order to convey your character sufficiently.

1 Like