Fun Facts Change/Idea

Hey All,

Sorry if I am beating a dead horse here, but I come to y’all with an idea to change the Fun Facts at the end of a round. I legitimately think changing the Fun Facts to silly fun things would overall improve gameplay. As a medic main I mainly see the negative side of the revives fact but I am sure it effects the others too.

All that said some of my Fun Fact ideas are listed below. It would be cool if these could show randomly each round so that people couldn’t “farm” them.

Ideas
Most Cigarettes Smoked
Most Distance Run
Most Push Ups Done
Most Plushies Squeezed
Most Cades Opened
Most Guns Dropped
Most Words said in Comms

Just silly little things we can all chuckle at after a round.

4 Likes

Imagine someone purposely saying things in the most complex way possible just so they can get a fun facts mention.

3 Likes

I’d support such a change. Competitive statistics lead to negative behaviours imo.

3 Likes

I’d find it funny at least at first, but that’s why I would hope the Fun Facts were randomized at the end of a round instead of the same static ones each time. It’s hard to “farm,” the fun facts if they are always changing.

2 Likes

Competitive statistics would be cool if they matched the objectives of the faction support roles, stuff that is usually ignored for kill counts

Stuff like

most marines captured/hugged
most marines defibbed

1 Like

people dislike the most marines defibbed because it leads to people defibbing too early and harming the patient or just spam defibbing to get on the leaderboard.

I see no downside to most marines captured/hugged tho

2 Likes

Most marines defibbed is what caused curren’t medics to not allow other people to defib their patient, wh9ile also bringing forth the ones trying to steal defibs from others to get on that fun facts.

2 Likes

It doesn’t really matter what the stats are, if it broadcasts someone’s name to everyone, then some people are going to do whatever it takes to get their name there. In this way the competitive nature of it is social competition and clout chasing and is always present as long as the leaderboard is present.

Most smoked cigs? Someone will quite literally sit there and light one, put it out, light another, etc.

So, IMO, anything that goes in such a “fun facts” leaderboard at the end of the round, should be behaviour we want to encourage and which, if pursued competitively, doesn’t have negatives. In that respect I think “x player got 10 kills” and “y player revived 300 people” is actually better than essentially applauding someone for squeezing a plushie or smoking a cig.

However you have to be very careful with it, because you can encourage behaviour you don’t want to see - like people “stealing” revives from each other as medics.

An alternative option might be to remove the concept of it being a leaderboard and just select players at random to display facts about. It doesn’t completely remove the social-competitive aspect, but it does mean that killing 30 xenos won’t necessarily get your name displayed at the end of the round, so if you’re chasing clout you’ve got to be insanely consistent.

Personally a like the fun facts and I wouldn’t mind seeing them expanded, but carefully so that we don’t encourage unwanted behaviour.

1 Like

Once I learn how to code the revive and top kills fun facts are fuckin’ gone.

1 Like

I’d make it that the game only picks 1 of these dozens of possible “fun facts” to display at the end of the round.

greg lauffer

3 Likes

Tbf medics were already icky about other medics healing their patient from Day 1 of CM, I don’t really see the defib thing as a big change since medics are already 1 per patient (unless 700 burn).

After paying more attention, I honestly feel like claims of people farming revives are much less frequent than they appear- Most instances seem to be actual incompetence (as usual), rather than malicious intent.

Medding other patients and stuff has always been looked down on, but kitting and defibing not so much as it is just a resource. But now I have seen both synths and POs of all things go around defibbing medic patients while they are dressing them.

1 Like